Wrong cabin # on luggage tags?

phabric

Yesterday I booked a cruise 8 days before departure.

In the morning I had cabin (say cabin #1) and later changed to another cabin (say cabin #2). Later in the day, I printed out my boarding pass and it had cabin #2 on it the correct cabin. When I printed out the luggage tags, it had cabin #1 on it.

I called Princess and was told put the correct cabin and went I see a Princess representative they will give me a blank luggage tag.

Cabin #1 was forward and had FS on it. Cabin #2 is AFT so it should be AFT.

Will the representative at the airport have extra tags?

I have not taken a ship transfer for a while, don't you usually walk off the coach to the ship and the porters take the luggage from the coach.

If not, I will have to collect my luggage off the coach and get dock porter for new tags.

If taking a ship transfer you most likely will not see your luggage until it gets to your cabin. Just change the information on the tags in bold lettering so it can be readily read. The people at the airport may or may not have blank tags.

You can print luggage tags up to sailing day, if the cabin changed it should reflect the change on the personalizer and luggage tags.

However your bags will find you regardless. They have lists with ccorrect names/numbers.

Try looking at the bag tags again a couple of days before departure.

You can print luggage tags up to sailing day, if the cabin changed it should reflect the change on the personalizer and luggage tags.

However your bags will find you regardless. They have lists with ccorrect names/numbers.

Try looking at the bag tags again a couple of days before departure.

Quoting for truth for all above.

By the time the sail date is here the #s will be corrected.

Derek

Cabin #1 was forward and had FS on it. Cabin #2 is AFT so it should be AFT.

No, cabin #1 was forward and starboard so it had FS on it. If cabin #2 is aft starboard, it should be AS; otherwise, it should be AP. It's not a question of where your cabin is, it's a question of which sector/elevator to stage the bags. They're going to put the bags into three-sided wire-mesh "crates", take them ship-side via forklift, put them on a ship's platform via crane, then forklift them to a staging point. The locator code tells them which of four sets of crates to put the bag in for minimal extra handling seventeen steps down the line.

Even if you have the wrong cabin number on your tag, your luggage will be found.

We had a cruise where we had booked an interior cabin on Caribe deck, forward.

After giving our luggage to the porters, we found out at check in that we were upgraded to a balcony cabin on Baja deck, aft.

Because I am the impatient type, I went to our original cabin and found our luggage outside that cabin's door. When I went to move it, one of the stewards delivering luggage grabbed a hand truck and followed me up to our new cabin.

We met the steward for our new cabin in the hall. While I was gone, my husband had told him of the cabin switch and he was on the way down to find the luggage.

The steward also told me that the stewards on Baja had already been noticed of the cabin change and our luggage would have been brought of to us when the section of Baja had been finished. I just jumped the gun.

No, cabin #1 was forward and starboard so it had FS on it. If cabin #2 is aft starboard, it should be AS; otherwise, it should be AP. It's not a question of where your cabin is, it's a question of which sector/elevator to stage the bags. They're going to put the bags into three-sided wire-mesh "crates", take them ship-side via forklift, put them on a ship's platform via crane, then forklift them to a staging point. The locator code tells them which of four sets of crates to put the bag in for minimal extra handling seventeen steps down the line.

Just take a black Sharpie and write the correct info yourself. You tell them where to put it.