Bad first impression

cd4lsu

But to express their frustration on the RCL board leads me to believe that they just wanted to stir up trouble...that they haven't reposted seems to verify it - if they wanted sympathy' date=' they should have posted on the Carnival boards....

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

Or, if you're of the mind to give someone the benefit of the doubt since we have never met them personally,,

They were hungry and frustrated, made a post, signed off, then found another alternative, got to the cabin, went to muster, the ship sailed away and they moved on with life.

Unlike some others.

Do you remember that? The lines were a mess and so incredibly crowded. I had never seen it that bad and the inspection was the reason.

Hope the OP can overcome this little hiccup and enjoy their cruise.

We had never seen it like that either. We made the mistake of going up the elevator to go check out the pool deck and couldn't even get off on deck 11 because of the crowd.

We were on the Jewel back in 2010 when it had an inspection but it was during a port stop in Bar Harbor. The WJ was open for breakfast and it was business as usual other than they couldn't serve alcohol for some reason. A man we were speaking to out on the outdoor section of the WJ really wanted a bloody mary and the waiter had brought out an officer to talk to him. They announced later that day that the ship got a 100 on the inspection. We ran into the guy later in the week and he and his wife had also received free bloody mary's so they were happy.:p

Hopefully, the OP found out what the issue was and can move on from it. I am glad that the cruise line has to undergo the CDC inspections and can't get complacent. Keeps all of us healthier in the long run.

But to express their frustration on the RCL board leads me to believe that they just wanted to stir up trouble...that they haven't reposted seems to verify it - if they wanted sympathy' date=' they should have posted on the Carnival boards....

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

Ours was in the stateroom, it wasn't handed to us at check in.

I don't see it that way. I think that they were frustrated and perhaps looking for advice. He probably didn't return because they opened the doors before he had the chance--or perhaps he did and saw the nasty responses and didn't want to ruin his holiday by responding. This is the age of social media, people use it to post their frustrations with pretty much anything. I don't think he wanted sympathy, rather was venting and hoping for advice. Could he have worded the post differently, perhaps. Was he trying to pick a fight with the collective group of regulars on this forum? I don't see it that way.

Again, not everyone is a RC expert and realizes there might be other food venues, particularly if they were specifically sent to the WJ as we were.

Ours was in the stateroom, it wasn't handed to us at check in.

I don't see it that way. I think that they were frustrated and perhaps looking for advice. He probably didn't return because they opened the doors before he had the chance--or perhaps he did and saw the nasty responses and didn't want to ruin his holiday by responding. This is the age of social media, people use it to post their frustrations with pretty much anything. I don't think he wanted sympathy, rather was venting and hoping for advice. Could he have worded the post differently, perhaps. Was he trying to pick a fight with the collective group of regulars on this forum? I don't see it that way.

Again, not everyone is a RC expert and realizes there might be other food venues, particularly if they were specifically sent to the WJ as we were.

Agreed. Well said.

For goodness sake, some things never change on Cruise Critic. Some of you need to learn to call a duck a duck. The OP is not asking for advice and there is no way any person with any sense can translate that post into a solicitation for advice. :rolleyes: This is nothing more than a disgruntled person who got impatient and wanted to voice their frustration to the entire world.

Or just got a laugh by the 100+ responses here to his whiny post:rolleyes:

This is exactly the type of cheerleader post that would make him not want to come back and respond. It's unfortunate that some people are blinded to the fact that a cruise line could handle situations like the OP describes simply with better communication.

For goodness sake, some things never change on Cruise Critic. Some of you need to learn to call a duck a duck. The OP is not asking for advice and there is no way any person with any sense can translate that post into a solicitation for advice. :rolleyes: This is nothing more than a disgruntled person who got impatient and wanted to voice their frustration to the entire world.

Which they had the right to do. The WJ should have been open, it wasn't, and there was no clear communication to passengers about it. That to me is a fail. It's not like they were the only ones--even if there were only 50 people in line, that's 50 too many without an explanation of suggestion as to other places to get lunch.

Which they had the right to do. The WJ should have been open, it wasn't, and there was no clear communication to passengers about it. That to me is a fail. It's not like they were the only ones--even if there were only 50 people in line, that's 50 too many without an explanation of suggestion as to other places to get lunch.

And tell me, how exactly is it that you know there was no communication about it? Are you on this cruise? Were you in line? Or are you making that assumption based on one angry post that says nothing to that point? Funny, the OP said nothing about communication or whether or not they know the reason.

Edited by Cruzaholic41

This is exactly the type of cheerleader post that would make him not want to come back and respond. It's unfortunate that some people are blinded to the fact that a cruise line could handle situations like the OP describes simply with better communication.

There is NOTHING in my post about being a RCCL cheerleader. Ridiculous comment............:rolleyes:

And tell me, how exactly is it that you know there was no communication about it? Are you on this cruise? Were you in line? Or are you making that assumption based on one angry post that says nothing to that point? Funny, the OP said nothing about communication or whether or not they know the reason.

Apparently no point in asking, ducklite obviously knows all the details from the OP post, even though he wasn't there and none were posted........:D

Maybe they could have handled it better, maybe it is a "fail". Doesn't make the OP any less whiny. Does every minor inconvenience encountered on board warrant a new thread?

And the OP created most of their own inconvenience by standing around waiting to go into a restaurant that was obviously not open yet. Sucks that it opened late but nobody made them stand there outside the door instead of coming back later.

If there had been communication, the OP wouldn't have posted to begin with.

Maybe they could have handled it better, maybe it is a "fail". Doesn't make the OP any less whiny. Does every minor inconvenience encountered on board warrant a new thread?

And the OP created most of their own inconvenience by standing around waiting to go into a restaurant that was obviously not open yet. Sucks that it opened late but nobody made them stand there outside the door instead of coming back later.

The guy posted a single thread. My goodness you people are sensitive. The restaurant was supposed to be open, it wasn't, rooms weren't ready yet, I'm guessing they were hungry. They probably didn't want to lose their place in line for when the doors would (hopefully) ultimately open.

There is NOTHING in my post about being a RCCL cheerleader. Ridiculous comment............:rolleyes:

Ridiculous is calling the OP whiney. He was told the WJ would be open at the time he boarded, it should have been. If it wasn't, there should have been a crew member turning passengers away and telling them where else they could find food.

The guy posted a single thread. My goodness you people are sensitive. The restaurant was supposed to be open, it wasn't, rooms weren't ready yet, I'm guessing they were hungry. They probably didn't want to lose their place in line for when the doors would (hopefully) ultimately open.

Like I said, sucks it didn't open on time. It just wouldn't occur to me to stand around outside the doors getting mad. I would just come back later. I can't control when the WJ opens but I can control my attitude about it.

Not sure why you think I', sensitive, I'm not mad at the OP or anything, just found the post a bit whiny that's all. No big deal, after all if we stopped people complaining over nothing, this site would be basically empty :p

When I checked in for the Navigator I was handed a boarding day Compass to cover the early hours on the ship before cabins are ready.

As for your other remark, I assume I'm the person or one of the people you're referring to, and I just don't know what to say.:confused: I call it like I see it, and I'm sorry if you mistook my opinion for an over-inflated sense of self-worth.

Cindy, don't sweat the comments. It's not worth your time. I would tell you to check out the posting history and while it would explain a few things that too would be be a huge waste of time.;)

Ridiculous is calling the OP whiney. He was told the WJ would be open at the time he boarded, it should have been. If it wasn't, there should have been a crew member turning passengers away and telling them where else they could find food.

Well then get ready to call me ridiculous. Anyone who is currently on vacation...on a cruise ship...and would go on-grid and start a Cruise Critic thread complaining about something that is not going perfect, something so trivial as the WJ not opening on time is, to me, whiny. God help us all if that ship is late to a port, a show doesn't start on time, one of the ice skater falls, or Shrek doesn't show up for the parade. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aquahound

Cindy, don't sweat the comments. It's not worth your time. I would tell you to check out the posting history and while it would explain a few things that too would be be a huge waste of time.;)

;)

Well then get ready to call me ridiculous. Anyone who is currently on vacation...on a cruise ship...and would go on-grid and start a Cruise Critic thread complaining about something that is not going perfect, something so trivial as the WJ not opening on time is, to me, whiny. God help us all if that ship is late to a port, a show doesn't start on time, one of the ice skater falls, or Shrek doesn't show up for the parade. :rolleyes:

I would start a thread if Shrek didn't show up for a parade. It would be titled HALLELUJAH!:D

Really? Read the first post again. They were in line OUTSIDE. The doors hadn't opened yet.

Yes I know........what's the point of "standing in line", once it's open have at it......:rolleyes: Until then relax and enjoy the vacation and the ship instead of posting a silly complaint online.