What are your bucket list or Dream Cruises

icat2000 just so you know, and not to tempt you or anything but the 35 night out to the islands is also offered on the Sun princess which departs 14 Jul 2015 and the Dawn which departs 18 Sep 2015. :D

I have my heart set on a 24 night European cruise next.

On my bucket list is definitely the Panama canal but longer so I can sail the Caribbean as well.

I would also like to do a world cruise.

30649_140326104303937.jpg.737032acf156ae933d19091c165a9d4b.jpg

My husband wants to report this thread as "inappropriate & offensive"

He is moaning than my constant, "OMG they want to go on a _insert cruise that someone has posted here_ that looks soooo good, honey we so need to do this cruise too, when can we go??" Is very annoying and inappropriate! Plus he reckons my researching and constant cruise proposals are offensive to our bank balance :D

But keep posting, I live to read about everyone's cruise wish list!

The first cruise I booked was half a world one from Sydney to Dover in 2011. I thought that would be my one and only big trip overseas that also ticked off a lot of bucket list sites. Little did I know that cruising is addictive!!

I've booked Alaska next year on The Golden then I stay on her to bring her to Sydney. Very excited about that.

Would love to do the Panama Canal one day and a Transatlantic.

And those are after I win lotto :)

Have to admit I haven't really looked for something like that. Given the relatively small number of ships based out of Australia it probably isn't feasible yet. Maybe when more ships are based here and the cruise lines wake up to the fact that Australians would like to cruise to warmer climes in the winter months we might see itineraries like that.

We booked our Australian Circumnavigation 17 months before the cruise to get the best cabin and the best pricing. We will be on the Radiance this coming February. Celebrity Solstice does the 2 cruises also - the rate was higher but you might get a better deal from them if you book onboard.

icat2000 just so you know, and not to tempt you or anything but the 35 night out to the islands is also offered on the Sun princess which departs 14 Jul 2015 and the Dawn which departs 18 Sep 2015. :D

I have my heart set on a 24 night European cruise next.

On my bucket list is definitely the Panama canal but longer so I can sail the Caribbean as well.

I would also like to do a world cruise.

Good thinking. To get the best out of the long and expensive flight I think its a great idea to do Caribbean and a Panama Canal cruise at the same time. There are several ships that offer a cruise from LA to Fort Lauderdale, or reverse , and take in the Caribbean, Panama Canal and even the Mexican Coast.

Hi Everyone

What about Portscule Lines Funchal sailing from Newcastle (NSW) to Portsmouth . and not costing a fortune ???

A classic ship ...

But dreaming a little .. Lisbon to Rio on a special smaller ship .. 20-30000 tonner with about 400 on board , and NO cruise director

No kids no smoking .....

Yep dream on ...

Regards

John

Hi Everyone

What about Portscule Lines Funchal sailing from Newcastle (NSW) to Portsmouth . and not costing a fortune ???

A classic ship ...

But dreaming a little .. Lisbon to Rio on a special smaller ship .. 20-30000 tonner with about 400 on board , and NO cruise director

No kids no smoking .....

Yep dream on ...

Regards

John

Yes ...a classic ship John..

Portuscale-Cruises-MV-Funchal-at-sea.jpg

Hi Everyone

A classic ship ...

No kids no smoking .....

Yep dream on ...

Regards

John

we were very close to booking the ocean princess for her TA in Dec this year..... small ship, sounded lovely. We ended up not being able to have Chrissy off so changed to our X trip instead :) Glad now we are on a bigger ship for a TA.

I do not necessarily have abucket list, as I plan to live for a long, long time. However, we are getting through some great destinations and have many more booked. I like Sarah's 1,2 4 and 5 options though.:D

I see that Africa is on your list but my advice would be to do a land holiday there. Africa is my favourite continent and there is so much to see. There is nothing better than staying in open camps (as long as you are sensible) and having elephants brushing against your tent or when we stayed in the Okavango Delta in Botswana lying in bed listening to the hippopotamus eating just in front of our accommodation and lions roaring in the distance.

I know that I will probably be flamed for this response as it is a cruising forum and I also love cruising but I think there are certain countries that you need to see by land, India for instance. If you just went to Mumbai you would not have seen the real India.

I have just returned from my 4th visit and this time I went to East Africa. It was tough going at times but the things I did and witnessed made this my favourite holiday so far.

Regards Elaine.

I see that Africa is on your list but my advice would be to do a land holiday there. Africa is my favourite continent and there is so much to see. There is nothing better than staying in open camps (as long as you are sensible) and having elephants brushing against your tent or when we stayed in the Okavango Delta in Botswana lying in bed listening to the hippopotamus eating just in front of our accommodation and lions roaring in the distance.

I know that I will probably be flamed for this response as it is a cruising forum and I also love cruising but I think there are certain countries that you need to see by land, India for instance. If you just went to Mumbai you would not have seen the real India.

I have just returned from my 4th visit and this time I went to East Africa. It was tough going at times but the things I did and witnessed made this my favourite holiday so far.

Regards Elaine.

yes, I agree. Australia is the same imo. you miss so much just doing the ports. I hope you do not get flamed, very valid opinion :).

We are doing the Canary Islands, so I can kinda say we are doing Africa ;)!

I think a balance of land travel and cruises is the ideal. We're still (impatiently) waiting for our first cruise in December but, for us, it's not going to be so much about visiting those ports as being onboard a ship.

When/if we get around to doing a Med cruise it will be totally different to the experiences we have already had on land-based European trips.

I also listed that Australia to South Africa return cruise on my bucket list, but that certainly doesn't mean I'm not also interested in land travel in that part of the world. But this is a cruise forum and so I've only listed the cruise part of my extendive travel bucket list :D

BTW train "cruising" is a great way to see parts of India. We did the Maharajah's Express round trip from Delhi earlier this year. it was awesome.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Done couple of land trips to india and spent three months overlanding throughout northern Africa in 2005. The safari stuff doesn't hold that much appeal to me.

My apologies. I thought my statement had been directed to MicCanberra.

Elaine.

On our list is an 8N Canadian Rockies land tour, followed by an Alaskan cruise, followed by a Hawaiin cruise, followed by a cruise back to Sydney via the Pacific Islands all B2B2B.

Oh that's right, we fly out next Wed for our trip of a lifetime :D:D:D

YES!!!!

Happy cruising.

Sarah - I said to hubby the other night that you are so good at researching that we would employ you to research when we win lotto. (We have tickets :) ) I think even if we win lotto we would still like to get a good value cruise. I couldn't stand the thought that I was paying too much :)

We like the idea of Alaska, and would combine a land trip.

I would also like to go to a few outback places around Aus, as well as a few places in NZ and see them by helicopter. :D

I don't think "the world" would be good value for money, just my opinion. I would prefer to go with more variety and have a land based unit to chill between trips, with an nice open country view.

MR Walker! good going, I am sure you will enjoy that!

Edited by goodycruising

I like looking at itineraries. And I browse the cruise sites daily, just a little fad I have :D Holland America has some really interesting cruises. However, the deposits always seem so hefty up front.

However, I have snagged some good deals. I do try and post when I see some baragins.

I am not afraid to cancel a cruise if I find something cheaper even if its something else on my list of to do things.

I do agree with you re a World Cruise. I guess its just the thought to do one.

Some travel plans ideas I am thinking about for 2016:

1. Do the Splendor of the Seas out of Dubai going to Venice. Stops in a couple of Holy Land ports. I might pair it up with a land base tour from Dubrovnik to Istanbul.

2. Catching the Celebrity Millennium from Sydney up to Vancouver and then pair up with something in Alaska.

3. Doing the 35 day Princess cruise but its on the Limp Princess at the moment.

4. HAL Volendam Hong Kong to Vancouver - covers off some Japanese ports.

Though I need to wait until a few more lines realise their schedules.