Soft Drink Question

Peery5

Sailing on the Quantum of the Seas in January. It's been five years since we last sailed on RCI so here's the question.

When we last sailed on Royal Caribbean, soft drinks were sold in cans unless you were a child with a drink card and then it was a fountain drink. Does the cruise line still sell the canned soft drinks and if you purchase a drink package, are the soft drinks in cans or are they fountain drinks? I hate to sound so petty but I like to have a soft drink when I awaken in the morning and prefer it to be in a can (in my stateroom) versus having to go to one of the bars to purchase a fountain drink.

I know that the in cabin refrigerators used to stock canned soft drinks but was kind of wanting to purchase the drink package. All information is appreciated and thanks in advance for the replies.

Sailing on the Quantum of the Seas in January. It's been five years since we last sailed on RCI so here's the question.

When we last sailed on Royal Caribbean, soft drinks were sold in cans unless you were a child with a drink card and then it was a fountain drink. Does the cruise line still sell the canned soft drinks and if you purchase a drink package, are the soft drinks in cans or are they fountain drinks? I hate to sound so petty but I like to have a soft drink when I awaken in the morning and prefer it to be in a can (in my stateroom) versus having to go to one of the bars to purchase a fountain drink.

I know that the in cabin refrigerators used to stock canned soft drinks but was kind of wanting to purchase the drink package. All information is appreciated and thanks in advance for the replies.

Any of the drink packages offer only fountain soda. Canned soda is only available for individual purchase at $2.88 per 12oz can.

Edited by clarea

There will be sodas in your fridge, at the going cost...as you use them, they'll be replaced. You can buy cans at any eating venue. You can't get fountain soda unless you have the soda package (adult package)...and if you do buy the package, it won't get you cans! Just fountain soda!

You can bring some canned soda onboard with you, even tho they say you can't...they don't really care about soda.

I suspect that Quantum will have the free style soda machines. So you could fill up your cup just before you go to bed and put it in the refrigerator and not have to go to a bar. The cup you get with the package is pretty good size and insulated. I think the soda would keep overnight without going flat.

I suspect that Quantum will have the free style soda machines. So you could fill up your cup just before you go to bed and put it in the refrigerator and not have to go to a bar. The cup you get with the package is pretty good size and insulated. I think the soda would keep overnight without going flat.

So far RCI has only put the Freestyle machines on ships that are being homeported year round from US ports. With Quantum spending less than 6 months in the US before heading to China I'm not so sure that they will bother with the freestyle machines. Who knows, maybe with it being a new ship they will break precedent.

• 2 weeks later...

My question concerns the NCL Getaway specifically and their policies which may differ from other cruise lines. First, may only one person get the soft drink package (as opposed to both myself and my wife having to buy it?). I know the Getaway is a Pepsi ship. My wife drinks Pepsi and I drink Coke. One option is me taking Coke aboard and her getting the package. Second, do most of the bars serve fountain sodas or is she going to end up buying cans in certain places or walking somewhere else to get a fountain drink with her card. Once again, I am only interested in experiences on the Getaway or at least NCL ships. Thanks.

My question concerns the NCL Getaway specifically and their policies which may differ from other cruise lines. First, may only one person get the soft drink package (as opposed to both myself and my wife having to buy it?). I know the Getaway is a Pepsi ship. My wife drinks Pepsi and I drink Coke. One option is me taking Coke aboard and her getting the package. Second, do most of the bars serve fountain sodas or is she going to end up buying cans in certain places or walking somewhere else to get a fountain drink with her card. Once again, I am only interested in experiences on the Getaway or at least NCL ships. Thanks.

You should probably post this on the NCL board.