Princess transfer or find out own - Port Everglades to MIA

Akaicb

Hello,

My returning flight home will be out of Miami at 2:15pm, i am not sure if I should book the Princess transfer or find another shuttle service.

I am not sure if there is only one transfer to Miami and if it left at 8am, that is going to be a long wait at the airport. I did look into the excurisions that I could take, but all of them are for flights that leave much later than ours.

Can any one tell me what time the Princess transfer normally leaves the Port for Miami?

If I do decide to use another shuttle, what is the latest time we can leave the ship?

Thanks,

Kim

Hello,

My returning flight home will be out of Miami at 2:15pm, i am not sure if I should book the Princess transfer or find another shuttle service.

I am not sure if there is only one transfer to Miami and if it left at 8am, that is going to be a long wait at the airport. I did look into the excurisions that I could take, but all of them are for flights that leave much later than ours.

Can any one tell me what time the Princess transfer normally leaves the Port for Miami?

If I do decide to use another shuttle, what is the latest time we can leave the ship?

Thanks,

Kim

Try these guys.....

http://fortlauderdaletransfers.com/index.html

You will need to be off of the ship by 10 AM at the latest. You will need to be out of your cabin by 8 AM.

The price of a Princess xfer to MIA for two people is usually less than most alternatives such as a cab or limo.

Thank-you everyone for your advice.

I was able to find out that Princess transfers normally have you meet at 8:40 in the morning for any flight leaving MIA before 16:00 . I think I would rather get an independent shuttle and leave the ship at 9:30am instead, that should give us plenty of time to make it to the airport even if there is traffic.

We can leave our room by 8am, grab some breakfast, take a last stroll on the Proenade deck and then leave the ship.

I would love to do the Train, but i know my husband will just want to get a shuttle or town car rather than taxi to FLL, shuttle to Train then shuttle to MIA.

Kim

We can leave our room by 8am, grab some breakfast, take a last stroll on the Proenade deck and then leave the ship.

I would love to do the Train, but i know my husband will just want to get a shuttle or town car rather than taxi to FLL, shuttle to Train then shuttle to MIA.

Kim

We have used Ft Lauderdale transfers several times, they are very good.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thank-you everyone for your advice.

I was able to find out that Princess transfers normally have you meet at 8:40 in the morning for any flight leaving MIA before 16:00 . I think I would rather get an independent shuttle and leave the ship at 9:30am instead, that should give us plenty of time to make it to the airport even if there is traffic.

But is there a later than 8:40 Preincess xfer to MIA? If so, you could request to be on that one.

But is there a later than 8:40 Preincess xfer to MIA? If so, you could request to be on that one.

I realize the disembarkation groups page could be different for every cruise, but the one I saw had multiple times for transfers to FLL airport from Port Everglades, but only one to MIA. That makes me think since it is further and it mentioned for flights before 16:00 that I would not be able to get a later transfer.

I realize the disembarkation groups page could be different for every cruise, but the one I saw had multiple times for transfers to FLL airport from Port Everglades, but only one to MIA. That makes me think since it is further and it mentioned for flights before 16:00 that I would not be able to get a later transfer.

It depends how many pax want the transfer - if there's one busload, they run one bus ... if there's two busloads they run two buses at different times etc. etc.

My only direct flight home is late afternoon from MIA - one time when there weren't many pax going to MIA, the transfer was awfully early but other times I've got one around 10am.

If your flight is within the time frame guidelines advised by Princess then a Princess Transfer will get you there. You just fill out the disembark form with your flight no. and airport and Princess will assign a time to disembark. Transfers are available for purchase at the tour desk.

However, I prefer to do my own transfer. A private taxi from Port Everglades to Miami Airport will cost approximately $75/$80 plus tip for the cab not per person, and the drive is about 45 mins without traffic. To me it's worth the extra money.

Another option is to book a group shuttle such as Super Shuttle or Prime Time. The cost will be less, and the service almost the same.

In all cases you should be at Miami airport in plenty of time to catch a 2:15 flight.

Edited by sknight

In all cases you should be at Miami airport in plenty of time to catch a 2:15 flight.

OP was not worried about making the flight. OP was worried about getting to the airport five hours before the flight and having too much time there.

I was looking for the same info not many shuttle services go to MIA

So getting a taxi or private car is the only other option

Looking at the service mentioned about it is more than the HAL transfer of $30 pp

A private service would be good if you can find other to share the trip but at $95 (including tip) it is too much for 2 pax & my pocketbook

as always YMMV

If you got to the airport early there are lounges if your airline has one or go to the Hilton & eat, relax until time to check in for your flight