Terminal in Sydney

DobieDC

:confused::confused:Staying in Sydney on our own three days before boarding the Celebrity Solstice for the 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on 03 November 2014. Do we go to the Overseas Passenger Terminal northwest of Circular Quay for boarding procedures? Have to get there from our hotel and want to be sure we go to the correct place.

On this map https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=-33.856019,151.212237&spn=0.01062,0.018861&sll=-33.863966,151.208396&sspn=0.010619,0.018861&geocode=FRhe-_0dmEcDCQ&t=h&mra=mr&z=16

A is the terminal. We dropped our luggage about 1030am (as we stayed in the Old Sydney Holiday Inn just across the road), went and did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb, then got to the terminal about 3.30pm and walked right onto the ship...everyone else was already on...no queueing at all. Brilliant!

Simon

Most likely you will board at Circular Quay if you are on the Solstice, not sure if the Century would be at the other location.

Quite a few hotels near Circular Quay (Marriott, Holiday Inn, Park Hyatt, Four Seasons). I was very luck to have Hyatt points so the wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt in March, which is an outstanding (but very expensive) hotel. If you can aford it, or have enough Hyatt points I would strongly recommend the Park Hyatt.

Chris

:confused::confused:Staying in Sydney on our own three days before boarding the Celebrity Solstice for the 12 Night New Zealand Cruise on 03 November 2014. Do we go to the Overseas Passenger Terminal northwest of Circular Quay for boarding procedures? Have to get there from our hotel and want to be sure we go to the correct place.

OPT is the correct place for the Solstice. You can get the train to Circular Quay station and walk if you like. Only 5 minutes on foot.

Most likely you will board at Circular Quay if you are on the Solstice, not sure if the Century would be at the other location.

Quite a few hotels near Circular Quay (Marriott, Holiday Inn, Park Hyatt, Four Seasons). I was very luck to have Hyatt points so the wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt in March, which is an outstanding (but very expensive) hotel. If you can aford it, or have enough Hyatt points I would strongly recommend the Park Hyatt.

Chris

We are on the upcoming Century TP followed by a South Pacific sailing, and the Century is to dock at the OPT.

We stayed at the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay following a cruise to Sydney several years ago. We enjoyed the area and that particular hotel so much that we have reservations again at the Sir Stamford.

Where will you be staying for those 3 days? How you get to the OPT will depend on where you stay as you can walk if you stay at the Rocks/Circular Quay/city (depending on where in the city though). If you are not staying in those areas, your Others alternatives are taking the train/taxi/ferry. :)

A full schedule for the Sydney terminals can be found here:

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/31162/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v319_20_Aug_2014.pdf

Yes, as others have said, the Celebrity Solstice sails from the OPT at Circular Quay, right in the CBD of Sydney on 3rd November.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Will be on an AAT Kings 13 Day Australian Highlights trip ending at Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour and extended stay there for three more days to coordinate the land trip and the cruise. Best way to get to the terminal from there and what to expect to pay for a taxi if that is the best way??? Hopefully after 6 days in Sydney we will be somewhat familiar with the area.

If you don't have too much baggage, you could walk up to Town Hall station and get the train to Circular Quay, ship is right there. A taxi would be more convenient - I don't get taxis for trips within the CBD itself so not sure how much it would be - perhaps $20, depending on what the traffic is like.

Will be on an AAT Kings 13 Day Australian Highlights trip ending at Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour and extended stay there for three more days to coordinate the land trip and the cruise. Best way to get to the terminal from there and what to expect to pay for a taxi if that is the best way??? Hopefully after 6 days in Sydney we will be somewhat familiar with the area.

Probably about a 20 min walk, so maybe a bit too far with luggage.

Walk to Town Hall Station, maybe 5-10 mins train to Circular Quay 5 min walk to OPT.

Taxi about $20.00.

The hotel might also offer a shuttle service just ask at reception.

You could opt for the ferry....would be nice to sail into Circular Quay on the ferry as you would see the ship from a different angle :) The OPT is just around the corner from Circular Quay...a 2 min walk :D

You could opt for the ferry....would be nice to sail into Circular Quay on the ferry as you would see the ship from a different angle :) The OPT is just around the corner from Circular Quay...a 2 min walk :D

Is there a ferry from Darling Harbour?

Is there a ferry from Darling Harbour?

Yes, we stayed in 2008 at Medina Grand Harbour, but I used RCI points for it, so cannot quote an actual price.

It was opposite Maratime Museum( Endeavour, a submarine and destroyer were there)

We had a weekly ferry ticket, so it meant that we could go into Sydney whenever we wanted to.

We took a taxi to the OPT, but I haven't made a note of the price, all I remember was that the taxi driver kept asking us which terminal!!!

I found that odd, as Mercury was the only ship in that day.

Edited by upwarduk

Yes, we stayed in 2008 at Medina Grand Harbour, but I used RCI points for it, so cannot quote an actual price.

It was opposite Maratime Museum( Endeavour, a submarine and destroyer were there)

We had a weekly ferry ticket, so it meant that we could go into Sydney whenever we wanted to.

We took a taxi to the OPT, but I haven't made a note of the price, all I remember was that the taxi driver kept asking us which terminal!!!

I found that odd, as Mercury was the only ship in that day.

Thanks I wasn't aware that the Ferry went from DH to Quay.

Definitely the OPT at Circular Quay, just a heads up the terminal will be midway through extensive renovations so this could potentially cause boarding delays/ limit the actual space within the terminal. Last I saw of the OPT it was a mess covered in board and looked entirely like a construction site. Short term pain for long term gain!

From Darling Harbour it is possible to walk to OPT if you are fit and don't mind pulling luggage around 20-30ish mins but a nice walk you can do alongside the harbour otherwise a taxi would be easiest and probably $20-25 depending upon traffic.

I would probably advise against train as by the time you go through the hassle of waiting for the train and loading luggage on/off and onto escalators bearing in mind Town Hall is a huge station, it would be far easiest to taxi or even walk it.

From Darling Harbour it is possible to walk to OPT if you are fit and don't mind pulling luggage around 20-30ish mins but a nice walk you can do alongside the harbour otherwise a taxi would be easiest and probably $20-25 depending upon traffic.

I would probably advise against train as by the time you go through the hassle of waiting for the train and loading luggage on/off and onto escalators bearing in mind Town Hall is a huge station, it would be far easiest to taxi or even walk it.

Agree with the main points of this, but I'd actually suggest ferry ahead of either taxi or train. Train would be a hassle for the distance, with relatively more walking, and you do have the hill as well. Taxi is lots of lights, and traffic and grey tunnels, so not really an appealing way to go.

Ferry has the benefit of being light, level, and with more scenery. And on top of that would be cheaper than the taxi!

So I suggest either walking if you are happy to, or taking the ferry if you want transport.

The ferry is from King St Wharf by the way, and the next stop is Circular Quay. You just walk down to the waterfront, then take a short level walk northwards to the dock.

Totally agree. Ferry from King St wharf in Darling Harbour. Exit Darling Harbour, turn right, go under the Harbour Bridge turn right again. If you pass the Opera House you have gone too far. What a way to get to your cruise ship. I doubt you can find a better cruise berth location anywhere.

Edited by woodyren

I think its a tourist boat to the zoo etc rather than a true ferry

No it was a proper ferry ( green & yellow) as confirmed below.

Totally agree. Ferry from King St wharf in Darling Harbour. Exit Darling Harbour, turn right, go under the Harbour Bridge turn right again. If you pass the Opera House you have gone too far. What a way to get to your cruise ship. I doubt you can find a better cruise berth location anywhere.

When we boarded, we had a splendid view of the Opera House from our balcony!:)

Edited by upwarduk