Mojito with Diamond Drink Voucher

Will be on the ENCHANTMENT in Oct. & want to know if the DIAMOND lounge is open? I know we will be issued drink coupons I was wondering if the lounge will be open?

Yes, the lounge will still be open.

Thanks for the quick reply, now another question. In the Diamond lounge do you show your waiter your card so he can ring up the drinks & know if you didnt use the coupns at another bar or is it busniss as usal in the lounge?

Thanks for the quick reply, now another question. In the Diamond lounge do you show your waiter your card so he can ring up the drinks & know if you didnt use the coupns at another bar or is it busniss as usal in the lounge?

You only use your SeaPass card to get into the lounge. No showing the SeaPass card per drink in the lounge.

Baileys, as Bob stated, and Tequila are now included.

Mojitos, including Pineapple Mojitos, are allowed on the ship I am currently sailing. DW gets them every night from either the CL or the R Bar.

They were not available on the Freedom three weeks ago. As others have said - depends on the ship and/or the bar tender.

I do not want to mention the ship we are currently on in case Miami has their ear to the wall. The Mojitos were approved by an officer.

The Brilliance is the only ship were the cocktails are served for just three hours - 5pm to 8pm. All others are 3 & 1/2 hours starting at 4:30 or 5:00 pm as stated by MM. This now includes the Majesty and Explorer for Diamonds, D+ and PC.

When I was on the Indy in April I was NOT ALLOWED to use the Diamond Voucher for a Bahama Mama's at the pool bar during the allotted time. The bartender shoved a paper at me listing what alcohol could be ordered and in not uncertain terms was I allowed to order the Bahama Mama (which was also the Drink of the Day). Needless to say I never visited that bar for the rest of the cruise while that particular bartender was there.

Why did you not use that bartender again. He was only doing his job. Do you prefer that he break the rules for you and perhaps lose his job?

M

Guest maddycat
Why did you not use that bartender again. He was only doing his job. Do you prefer that he break the rules for you and perhaps lose his job?

M

My guess is that it was the way that the bartender told the OP that the drink that they wanted was not on the list.

So.....what amount 'sets the mood' for a bartender to be willing to make a drink...whether on the menu or not. We were drinking Cosmos on Indy in May in the DL without a problem getting them, or drinking them....:p:p

I wasn't going to ask for a mojito, maybe sprite with rum and lime twist, but maybe I'd consider trying it for one of the 3 drinks. The muddling of lime and mint, after plucking mint leaves, is pretty labor intensive. I'd tip $1 for each voucher drink from regular menu, and $2 for going off the menu making a labor intensive drink.

So.....what amount 'sets the mood' for a bartender to be willing to make a drink...whether on the menu or not. We were drinking Cosmos on Indy in May in the DL without a problem getting them, or drinking them....:p:p

$20 sets the tone; $50 if it is really busy and you want top notch service. Do you think anyone is going to jump through hoops for a dollar? May as well wear the Good Humor man change maker for nickles, dimes, quarters. If you want to be served first lay down a FAT tip.

Obviously Concierge hogs and DL & CL lounge lizards who are the center of attention get the best service. Money talks because they have a couple of drinks lined up in front of them while us common folk wait 30 minutes to be served.

A double Jack Daniels on the rocks is all I'm looking for.:) No fu-fu.

This is an old list from Enchantment, and to my knowledge all that has been added is Bailey's.

Enchantment_DL_CL_drinks.JPG

Frustrating that you are allowed really nice liquor on that list of DL/CL choices, but the wine is really bad. They don't even offer a Sauvignon Blanc. You want white wine? It is Chardonnay only. And no, I don't count the "pink Koolaid". :eek:

I always put that request in my survey after the cruise. So far, it has fallen on

deaf ears. Sigh..... :(

Edited by island lady

Here is the most recent list:

drinklistmajestyaug14_zpsdfa9a2e2.jpg

Really??!! Yaahh :D Do all ships now offer the Pino Grigio? It was not offered on

Enchantment a couple of weeks ago. It's not Sauvignon Blanc, but it is a nice

alternative to Chardonnay. :)

Edited by island lady

Really??!! Yaahh :D Do all ships now offer the Pino Grigio? It was not offered on

Enchantment a couple of weeks ago. It's not Sauvignon Blanc, but it is a nice

alternative to Chardonnay. :)

We've never had pinot grigio as an option, but I will be thrilled if it is on GR in Nov. I hate Chardonnay because I do not like oaky wine so the PG would be so welcome. I used to like white zin but have gotten away from it due to it's sweetness. I really prefer sauvignon blanc and hopefully they will offer that at some point, although it tends to be a more expensive wine than the others. And, I'm not including barefoot or similar cheap crap that tastes nothing like decent SB.

what is a diamond drink voucher? I am a diamond member and dont recall getting one.

A recent program still being implemented ship by ship. Each Diamond member gets 3 drink vouchers per day to be used at any bar during the normal cocktail hours of the Diamond Lounge. Restricted to the same drinks served in the DL. Vouchers expire each day and cannot be accumulated.

Edited by clarea

We've never had pinot grigio as an option, but I will be thrilled if it is on GR in Nov. I hate Chardonnay because I do not like oaky wine so the PG would be so welcome. I used to like white zin but have gotten away from it due to it's sweetness. I really prefer sauvignon blanc and hopefully they will offer that at some point, although it tends to be a more expensive wine than the others. And, I'm not including barefoot or similar cheap crap that tastes nothing like decent SB.

Ditto on that. My favorite is a "Kiwi SB".

AKA: New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc! :)

Just back from Grandeur and I must say, being new to the Diamond society, (only achieved Diamond from sailing Celebrity) this was all very confusing. We received no drink vouchers but a letter in our stateroom stating that 3 drinks per day were automatically loaded on our seapass card. No mention of what drinks were included. And it was also mentioned that we could go to the Diamond lounge between 4:30 - 8pm. Did this mean it was one or the other or could we use our 3 pre-loaded drink vouchers and then go to the lounge for more drinks? (not that I would drink that much)

After 3 days of getting some free drinks and paying for others at various bars around the ship, we finally asked if there was a list. This is what we got - (pic attached)

So when you start looking at the previous postings of the drink menus for Diamond members, you can see there is no consistency from ship to ship. How are we as guests supposed to figure this out? We were told by one server that if they made a mistake in giving us the wrong drink for free, they, the server, had to pay for it, hence the reason a previous poster did not get their requested drink.

And as a side note - not a single drink menu in general at any bar through out the ship on this cruise. Very frustrating as I am one that likes to try new things based on the descriptions on the fufu drink menus.

And no - I don't recall getting any Mojitos for free….

DiamondDrinks.jpg.7a9fb5848624e11d6d8f8ab075332937.jpg

Edited by farmermd