Menu Alfredo's - Royal

cruisesusie

Does the menu at Alfredo's only include pizza or are their other offerings?

Thanks,

Susan

We were just on the Island. Alfredo's had pizza only. It was very good, but DH and I both commented on how we would have liked a few appetizer options, such as a side salad or calamari.

I am not sure if the Royal is different. :)

We were just on the Island. Alfredo's had pizza only. It was very good, but DH and I both commented on how we would have liked a few appetizer options, such as a side salad or calamari.

As the link posted by erber shows, Alfredo's on the Royal and Regal have an expanded menu including antipasti, a soup, a salad and a calzone.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Susan, you did not mention which ship. But if the Royal or Regal you are in for a good dining experience. To me, it could be an alternate dining place a couple of times per cruise. The pizza was delicious.:):) There were 8 of us and everyone raved about their dish.:D

Susan, you did not mention which ship. But if the Royal or Regal you are in for a good dining experience. To me, it could be an alternate dining place a couple of times per cruise. The pizza was delicious.:):) There were 8 of us and everyone raved about their dish.:D

Yes, they said "Royal"

Does anyone know, at this point, if there will be a charge for Alfredo's on the December Regal sailings? Thanks!

Barbara

Princess has stated that if a fee will be imposed in the future that advanced notice will be given. After the uproar about the charge on the Regal, I imagine they will wait sometime, if they consider adding a charge in the future.

Princess will definitely give some advance notice after the uproar about the "no warning" increase on the Regal. I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind paying to eat at Alfredo's. I think that $10.00pp is an acceptable price with whatever the drink perk (don't remember exactly) was. When we first dined at Alfredo's on the Sapphire last year, I was amazed that it was fee free. When we dined there on the Royal (with the expanded menu) I was really amazed it was still fee free.....

Bob

Princess will definitely give some advance notice after the uproar about the "no warning" increase on the Regal. I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind paying to eat at Alfredo's. I think that $10.00pp is an acceptable price with whatever the drink perk (don't remember exactly) was. When we first dined at Alfredo's on the Sapphire last year, I was amazed that it was fee free. When we dined there on the Royal (with the expanded menu) I was really amazed it was still fee free.....

Bob

Bob, Keep your thoughts to yourself :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Unless she had a recent dry dock that I'm not aware of, there's no Alfredo's on the Island Princess.

Yes, the Royal is a very different ship and expanded menu.

When we were on the Royal in July we were surprised at how few people dined at Alfredo's. One of the two evenings we had dinner there we were the only people in the restaurant when we first arrived. We wondered if people were not aware that it was a restaurant. I'm sure if they started charging $10 per person to dine there it would be even more of a ghost town. It was very good, by the way.

Ahhh... it's like the Pub lunch but not a separate dining venue.
I believe it has been offered for lunch in Sabatini's on the Coral and the Island but not on Grand class ships without an Alfredo's. The excuse apparently was that they didn't have capacity on the larger ships.

New to cruising and posting, so forgive my ignorance in advance! Does this same menu exist for the grand princess?
This menu is only for the Royal and Regal. Alfredo's on the Grand and Sapphire only offer pizzas. I believe that is the same if it is offered at lunch on the Coral and Island. I have not seen posts of any other ships offering Alfredo's style pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we were on the Royal in July we were surprised at how few people dined at Alfredo's. One of the two evenings we had dinner there we were the only people in the restaurant when we first arrived. We wondered if people were not aware that it was a restaurant. I'm sure if they started charging $10 per person to dine there it would be even more of a ghost town. It was very good, by the way.

Loved, loved, loved the agnolotti. But on the Royal's inaugural TA, the venue experienced ever-growing crowds for lunch (didn't go for dinner) and there's limited oven capacity. So unless we got there at least ten minutes before opening and were among the first to be seated, we faced really slow service.