Diamond drinks in MDR?

stuartgrn

Looking to do our first cruise as diamond members in December. I've seen posts about having your diamond drinks out onto your seapass each day instead of going to the diamond event. Are there restrictions to where you can get your diamond drinks each evening. Could you get one of your diamond drinks in the MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looking to do our first cruise as diamond members in December. I've seen posts about having your diamond drinks out onto your seapass each day instead of going to the diamond event. Are there restrictions to where you can get your diamond drinks each evening. Could you get one of your diamond drinks in the MDR?

Grab your drink on the way to the dining room.

Thanks for the information. Do you have to use the vouchers in a certain amount of time per day?

Yes, between the hours of the usual Diamond event. On Oasis last week for instance it was between 5.00 and 8.30 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The rules are simple:

When Royal Caribbean moved to put vouchers on the SeaPass of Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members, they kept the same directions in place as before.

1. You can only get the same kind of drinks that you were getting in the Diamond/Concierge Lounges.

2. You can only get the drinks during the same hours that the Lounges are providing the free drinks. On most ships, that is 5 P.M. - 8:30 P.M. On a few ships, it is 4:30 P.M. - 8 P.M.

3. You can obtain these drinks in any bar EXCEPT in the Main Dining Room, the Windjammer Buffet, or any specialty restaurant. (in other words, in BARS, not in EATERIES)

4. (this one is MY RULE) Tip your servers.

Will some people be able to find bartenders who will stretch those limits? Probably. But these are the official parameters.

Not all bartenders will give you two at a time.

If you ask (and this is not directed at YOU, Marie51 :) ), and are told "no", please be nice and move on.

Of course and thank you for mentioning this. I have only done it twice(ordered 2 drinks at the same time only to avoid having to wait again) and I tip well which we all should be doing.

There are restrictions and the MDR is one of them.

big no. However you could try to get a drink and take it out of the DL to the Mdr. It may or not be allowed.

Or just use your voucher on your sea pass at any of the bars on the way to eat.

Edited by Folk Singer

Posted this on previous similar threads - just an FYI.

Had no problem using the sea pass card vouchers in bars on the ship, except the bar directly outside of the MDR. Bartender was very nice, but indicated his computer could not take the coupons - that bar was considered "the dining room." That's the bar that waiters/assistant waiters use to get drinks for people in the dining room - and thus is considered "the dining room."

Once I knew it was not a problem - just picked up a drink in the Schooner Lounge, Dazzles, etc. on the way to dinner. This was on the Oasis in July.

Anyone have any success getting a few unopened beers to take back to the cabin and consume on the balcony?

On the Oasis in June they had a Bud Bucket of Beer Special to coincide with the World Cup Soccer. It included 5 beers and the first bucket they included a bottle opener. None of the bottles were opened.

I am sure if you asked the bartender not to open the bottle at the bar they would accommodate you too.

Shak

Despite what people are saying on this thread we had no problem getting more than one drink on any card as part of the Diamond Drinks offer on Oasis last week.

We had 4 people with Diamond drinks loaded on the card and when we wanted to be served with 3 drinks they seemed to find it easier just to load all the drinks on one card rather than swipe every card. At the end of the day each card is loaded with 3 drinks, if you exceed those 3 drinks you get no more but it makes no difference to them whether you get one drink or three

So yes, I can see that one person may be able to get 2 drinks at one time on the Diamond offer as this is not the same as a drinks package.