St Petersburg, Russia

wanderlust8888

My husband & I are looking into booking a Jewish Heritage Tour while in St Petersberg (July 24 & 25) thru SPG.

Our cruise is on the Regal Princess departing Copenhagen on July 18, 2015.

How do we find other couples to share this tour with us so it is more cost effective? I cannot find it listed on the roll call.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You arrange tour shares on your roll call, which is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2056596

Join in. Announce you have seats on your tour. It may be a little early...it will pick up as the winter comes along.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thanks Bruce!

New here, still can't find where to begin a thread for this

on roll call.

Go to the thread (click on it)I provided the link back in Post #2. Then just "Post Reply", just like you replied to my earlier comment. Introduce yourself, and say you have a private tour booked, with seats available.

My husband & I are looking into booking a Jewish Heritage Tour while in St Petersberg (July 24 & 25) thru SPG....

Hi,

We will be in St Petersburg on May 27 & 28 on the HAL Prinsendam and would really like to set up this tour for our cruise.

Do you have any information on a contact where we can learn about the excursion?

Thanks a lot,

Scott & Karen

Wanderlust, I think I gave the link to the wrong roll call. I will double check tomorrow morning and give you the correct one as needed.

My apologies!!!!

Wanderlust, I see you started a roll call for the date of your sailing. That is exactly how you do it!!

Sorry about the confusion I caused.

I used Alla Tours for a 3 day stop in St. Petesburg this summer. They were wonderful and very easy to work with. The nice thing with them is if you book a group tour, they guarantee that the tour will go, no matter how many people eventually sign up and they don't increase the price per person.

We did a tour with SPB last May in St Petersburg. Besides meeting another couple on the roll call thread SPB also helped and added two more couples to our group for us. It may be a bit early yet but SPB will begin receiving the same type of inquiries trying to match others with the tour.

• 8 months later...
My husband & I are looking into booking a Jewish Heritage Tour while in St Petersberg (July 24 & 25) thru SPG.

Our cruise is on the Regal Princess departing Copenhagen on July 18, 2015.

How do we find other couples to share this tour with us so it is more cost effective? I cannot find it listed on the roll call.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Wanderlust8888, my wife and I are also interested in a Jewish Heritage tour. We are considering a private tour and are looking for another couple to join.

We are on the same July 18 Regal Princess cruise.

Jackofhearts52,

This is an old thread. If you look at post #2 above, it has a link to the Roll Call for your cruise. That is where you can find people to share a tour with you

Wanderlust8888, my wife and I are also interested in a Jewish Heritage tour. We are considering a private tour and are looking for another couple to join.

We changed our sail date to July 29 still out of Copenhagen so not able to join with you, sorry.

In the end we booked with SPB and not a Jewish heritage private tour bc it was too expensive and no one else was interested. SPB said they would add the Synagogue in St Petersburg to our regular itinerary which is great. They are wonderful to deal with.

Good luck and enjoy!

We changed our sail date to July 29 still out of Copenhagen so not able to join with you, sorry.

In the end we booked with SPB and not a Jewish heritage private tour bc it was too expensive and no one else was interested. SPB said they would add the Synagogue in St Petersburg to our regular itinerary which is great. They are wonderful to deal with.

Good luck and enjoy!

That is another advantage of private tours; you can tailor it to your specifications.

On our Alla tour in 2007, one couple really wanted the synagogue added. No one objected, so we had Alla add it to our tour.

Once the tour started our guide asked if there was anything else anyone wanted that was not scheduled. I mentioned I had heard the subway stops were very interesting. She took us to a few subway stops.

BTW, she later confided that she was going to open her own agency for the next cruise season having completed all the necessary paperwork. Her name was Viktoria, and her new agency was SPB tours.