Luggage tags (not)

daka

Guess I'm just pessimistic but, I can see the OP keeping a list about everything that doesn't measure up on Royal Caribbean and only seals their resolve to return to Celebrity.

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

a lid for every pot, and all that.

If they are so unhappy with Royal Caribbean. let them find their bliss on Celebrity.

Making excuses for RC not sending tags....really

Celebrity sent us tags every time, and I guess I just expected that RC would have the same courtesy

This will not SPOIL our crusie just send us back to Celebrity.....

This has to be one of the most shallowest and lamest excuses ever..

They print them at the pier ,whats the big deal.Its less for you to do actually.The porters print and tag your baggage.Sounds like you should go back to Celebrity.

WOW!

Interesting. I had always thought that, too.

I disembarked from the Freedom this morning. Took the Cocoa Beach Shuttle to my hotel. Room not ready. Went to the computers in the Business Office. (that's where I am right now, again ;) ). Remembered that I had not printed out my luggage tag for the Enchantment tomorrow. (I had the SetSail Pass, just not the luggage tag).

Printed it around 1 P.M.

:)

For me, it hasn't been a thought. Every cruise I have logged on just to look and my cruises have always been gone 24 hours out, so unless they have changed something, which is very possible. That would explain why yours was there.

We are packed and ready for our cruise tomorrow, BUT now I find that I need to PRINT MY OWN LUGGAGE TAGS...WHAT ?

This is our first Royal Caribbean cruise....we've been on every CELEBRITY SOLSTICE ship many times....

They ALWAYS sent us pre printed heavy duty tags.....cmon ROYAL

get with it.

Not a good start for this one......

Feel sorry for your waiters and cabin steward already!....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmmm, having sailed both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean a number of times, I actually didn't realize that Celebrity still sent tags. Guess it didn't matter to me one way or the other. :rolleyes:

My personal list of pros and cons actually nudges Royal a bit ahead of Celebrity. I am going on 14 day B2B on the Explorer starting Saturday. In an attempt to be fair, I probably should just turn around and do two weeks on Celebrity to do a real time comparison. Anyone here want to contribute to this very worthy experiment? I promise to write a fair and balanced review.

I think it sucks they don't send the tags anymore but it's never been a part of our cruise selection process. :confused:

Criteria number 78 for us, but once you get past the first 60 you are splitting hairs ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I also think it's penny pinching a penny too far dropping the luggage tags. For the sake of 3,500 people trying to print stuff out, find a way of stopping them fall off I would just add 25 cents onto the cost of the cruise and re-introduce resilient tags.

Most importantly think of all the extra work load on staff who are already working very hard when tags do come off and they have to try and relocate bags with owners.

It costs 3500 passengers more money in printer ink and staff more sweat than it does Royal Caribbean in luggage tags.

Would it stop me cruising? Probably not but that isn't the way to run a business. Over deliver, don't deliver just enough to stop people walking away.

Henry :)

Hi, someone said if you are in a grand suite or higher you can request luggage tags? How do I go about doing this. Thanks much

Once your cruise docs are issued (about 49 days before the cruise), check Royal's website on the page where you can print your SetSail pass. There should be a button there to request mailed luggage tags.

I also think it's penny pinching a penny too far dropping the luggage tags. For the sake of 3,500 people trying to print stuff out, find a way of stopping them fall off I would just add 25 cents onto the cost of the cruise and re-introduce resilient tags.

Most importantly think of all the extra work load on staff who are already working very hard when tags do come off and they have to try and relocate bags with owners.

It costs 3500 passengers more money in printer ink and staff more sweat than it does Royal Caribbean in luggage tags.

Would it stop me cruising? Probably not but that isn't the way to run a business. Over deliver, don't deliver just enough to stop people walking away.

Henry :)

It's not just cost of tag, there are shipping and distribution costs as well. Not a whole lot until you start adding it up across all passengers

After 35 cruises I have done it both ways and prefer the new method. I actually print a bunch of them. I cut them out with scissors and use clear packing tape and slap one on each of the sides of each suitcase. That way, even if it is on the side or upside down, they can easily read where it is supposed to go. I almost always receive my luggage within the first hour or two of when they start delivering it.

I am a solo cruiser and Royal used to send me 6 luggage tags. I used 2 so there was some waste there. I just printed 4 out this morning for my upcoming cruise. If you fold them correctly they are pretty thick. I attach one to each handle on my 2 suitcases. I tape the ends with scotch tape and it works great.

Alan

It's not just cost of tag, there are shipping and distribution costs as well. Not a whole lot until you start adding it up across all passengers

Surely if your are sending out cruise documentation anyway the postage is free?

Henry

How did the OP miss the big green button that said "Print Luggage Tags?"

Not giving the OP's complaint to much stock but if they're like me, their setsail pass was printed long before their tags were available. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk