Food Preferences - what would you like to see improved????

skiiergirl

Apple pie please, or at least apple strudel. I couldn't get apple anything on the Freedom a few years ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apple pastry every day at breakfast every time I've gone. Highlight of the day. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Bring back the Vidalia onion tart!!!

Better pizza!!!

REAL bagels!!!

Better desserts!!!

I agree, the MDR menus have gone down hill!

Flavored waters 24/7, I have to run to the WJ before 9pm to get my flavored water for the night....

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

One of my big complaints on all cruise lines I have been on is the dinner rolls in the MDR. Why can't they have some that are actually soft enough I don't need a carpenter saw to break in half.

I'm one of those people who likes to use the biscuit to get all the great sauces off the plate. Hard to do with the brick they call bread.

Same problem with the biscuits for breakfast, hard as rocks and try to put the gravy on them and its like a waterfall. The gravy can't even soften them up.

I would like to see organic food available. Whole grain pastas and breads should also be an option. Low carb items should have a symbol on the menu, so that you can quickly identify the healthy options.

The current food tends to be very salty. I would like to see less salt and more interesting spices used.

Fresh local seafood would also be nice to have, even if there were a charge for it.

Edited by ehfl

You know, the desserts USED to be fabulous....too pretty to eat, but if you DID eat them, they were scrumptious!

They used to have about 5 different salad choices each night...that would be nice!

They used to have 5 courses....that would be nice.

They used to have real silverware on the table, along with china and crystal glasses....I miss that !

I miss the molded butter pats resting on top of a small bowl of ice....and the different bread choices.

I miss the way cruising used to be....nowadays, it's like going to a Day's Inn, rather than Four Seasons......

I would rather pay more for more, than pay the same for less.

You know, the desserts USED to be fabulous....too pretty to eat, but if you DID eat them, they were scrumptious!

They used to have about 5 different salad choices each night...that would be nice!

They used to have real silverware on the table, along with china and crystal glasses....I miss that !

I miss the molded butter pats resting on top of a small bowl of ice....and the different bread choices.

I miss the way cruising used to be....nowadays, it's like going to a Day's Inn, rather than Four Seasons......

So have you gone on any of the luxury cruise lines?

I agree totally.

An increase of $20 per day would be an enormous increase in the operating budget for the entire dining aspect of cruising. If spent wisely and not on 30 foot bears it might lead to better quality, presentation, choice and service in not only the MDR but other venues as well.

For a 10 or 11 day cruise the added $200 or $220 per person per cruise would not put the total cost anywhere near what the so-called "Luxury" lines charge. I do not need free flowing champagne or caviar served 24/7.

I would be happy to pay the extra up front and not have to spend an additional $20, $30 or $40 dollars to get a better meal at a specialty restaurant.

OMO

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

I would be happy if they just figured how to serve food hot that's supposed to be hot, and food that's supposed to be chilled to actually be chilled. Of course, my favorite dessert IS the ice cream soup that they serve in the WJ in the evenings ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So have you gone on any of the luxury cruise lines?

This was the norm on RC back in 1999, sorbet between courses, appetizer, soup, salad entree dessert

Now, bread, limited appetizers, limited salad, ... Just one night I'd like to see, crock pot beef lol grilled cheese and soup with salad, seasoned chicken whipped potatoes , biscuit, and Apple pie ala mode.. I know I'm dreaming