Door Magnets

stickey_mouse

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate them very much!

Just wondering, would we attach our magnets to the actual door or to the sign that depicts the room number? I've never sailed with Celebrity and don't know if the actual door is metal.

Yes the doors are metal and so is most of the cabin inside. We bring magnets with us and hang pictures of our grandchildren, our daily newsletter, invitations and I even use them to decorate the cabin for special occasions. I buy decorations from the dollar store and use magnets to hold them to the walls and even the ceiling of the cabin. I carry lots of magnets with me! I bet others have other great ideas too.

Edited by antsnanny

I like to buy the fun window clings from the Dollar Tree. I tend to get the flamingo, palm tree, etc ones, but they have different ones each season. They stick right to the door and peal off with no damage as they are held on by static electricity. Ours have never been taken, even on Carnival where you get a few more "rascals" on board. :p

Yes the doors are metal and so is most of the cabin inside. We bring magnets with us and hang pictures of our grandchildren, our daily newsletter, invitations and I even use them to decorate the cabin for special occasions. I buy decorations from the dollar store and use magnets to hold them to the walls and even the ceiling of the cabin. I carry lots of magnets with me! I bet others have other great ideas too.

I bring lots of the small, round, heavy duty magnets and the clip holder type magnets and hang all of my necklaces on the wall. Makes it easy to get dressed and it looks pretty, too. I put all of the invitations to events, our excursion info, etc., on the cabin wall. I make a spreadsheet of our days with excursions, how much money we need, all pertinent info, and put that on the wall also. Love my magnets!

Saw a Cruise Critic Member Door who once had info on the various members of their party (ie CRUISECRITIC#5 Bob & Sue - Cabin 9206)

As a keeper of roll calls, I would never dream of posting such personal information in a public place such as on my cabin door. And I would be very unhappy if someone else from the roll call were to post such private information on their cabin door. Host Andy told me one time that when people got his cabin number they were calling him or showing up at his door at all hours of the day and night, so he doesn't publish his cabin number any more. One never knows who is wandering the halls.

A much better way to handle the dissemination of this information is to e-mail copies of the roll call to all who request it. Or hand them out at the connections party.

As a keeper of roll calls, I would never dream of posting such personal information in a public place such as on my cabin door. And I would be very unhappy if someone else from the roll call were to post such private information on their cabin door. Host Andy told me one time that when people got his cabin number they were calling him or showing up at his door at all hours of the day and night, so he doesn't publish his cabin number any more. One never knows who is wandering the halls.

A much better way to handle the dissemination of this information is to e-mail copies of the roll call to all who request it. Or hand them out at the connections party.

Hi HAPPY CRUISER6143,

I actually agree with you (guess I left that bit out of my post now that I re-read it)

I was just relating what I had seen someone doing who was clearly travelling with a group

Ya I would be none to pleased either... Especially if my phone was ringing off the hook, or there were "relative strangers" knocking at my door

Always surprises me how open some people here on CC with their pertinent info (full names - photos of themselves - city - contact info - upcoming cruise dates - cabin numbers etc)... And also when others break "the unwritten code" and reveal the true first names of CC Members who otherwise just go by their User Names.

I read recently somewhere on CC that some Members had had issues, be they from inside CC or outside IRL i do not know... But I cannot say I was terribly surprised when I read that bit of news.

Sadly, it is hard to control what others do with the info we provide to them (such as that Roll Call List I saw)

Seems to be that personal privacy, and respect for it by others has gone out the window since the Internet came along.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I like to buy the fun window clings from the Dollar Tree. I tend to get the flamingo, palm tree, etc ones, but they have different ones each season. They stick right to the door and peal off with no damage as they are held on by static electricity. Ours have never been taken, even on Carnival where you get a few more "rascals" on board. :p

Good to know.:D

Agreed, I try to only reveal my cabin number to those that need it, such as those organising private shorex's, in case contact is needed due to changes.:D

Some people put things on their door for the simple reason of making their cabin easier to find. But be warned, some prankster went along and moved all the ones in our hallway down one door on a recent cruise. We ended up with our neighbours trying to open our door at 3am because their "pink feather" had been sticky taped to our door. :eek:

Edited by ozbrian
typo

Some people put things on their door for the simple reason of making their cabin easier to find. But be warned, some prankster went along and moved all the ones in our hallway down one door on a recent cruise. We ended up with our neighbours trying to open our door at 3am because their "pink feather" had been sticky taped to our door. :eek:

LOl, I find that funny, but I wouldn't have if it happened to me.:D

LOl, I find that funny, but I wouldn't have if it happened to me.:D

Personally I'd laugh my head off unless it was like 3:00 am

OK, I confess, that was me.................:D

Here's our newly-redesigned Cruise Critic doorsign

available for download.

Standard 8 1/2 x 11", fits on one of those magnetic sheets someone else mentioned above!

Could you also have one that says "Connections Party" instead of "Meet and Mingle?" Royal Caribbean does a fabulous job on their ships with the Meet and Mingle parties - giving away prizes, the cool invitations and name tags in your cabin and little lanyard/notepad giveaways at the events - so I understand why Cruise Critic is more Royal focused. But, it would be a simple thing to just change those three words and post that sign on the Celebrity board instead of the "Meet and Mingle" sign.

Just a thought.

Thank you for all you do.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I will definitely look into it!

Has anybody ever observed any creative ways to use doors/magnets as a way of telling others in their group where they are? Without phones and internet, I think it might be difficult to find other group members.

When we had the kids cruising with us about 10 years ago, we used walkies-talkies.

I thought about this, but I think walky-talkies might be an annoyance to other guests.

They can be an annoyance but also do not work in all areas through out the ship.

Another issue is if people are planning to take them ashore, some countries do not allow it for some reason, something to do with the band width.