9-25-14 Thursday Welcome - Almost October!

Jan_In_Maine

Hi! I haven't posted in a while. I've been hoping that if I stay away from CC, I'll be able to get my upcoming cruise off my mind for a while and the time will pass more quickly. (Didn't work so well; just because I try to get something out of my head doesn't mean it's not always there anyway.)

I'm down 2.4 pounds this week, which is shocking, since not only am I not dieting, I hardly had time to fit in much exercise. But I did get in a fantastic run yesterday. I'm training for my first 10K, so yesterday I ran 6.3 miles in 1:07:45. Not too shabby, considering I had to stop several times for traffic and also ran through a gigantic swarm of gnats, where I was running while holding my breath & waving my arms wildly in front of my face. (Yeah, I'm sure that drew a few funny looks!)

So hooray for the long run & weight loss this week, but man, my hip & knee are so sore that I can hardly move today. I'm glad I don't have an any showings today because I think this will have to be a work-while-sitting-at-home-on-my-butt day. I managed to update my FB business page this morning and will tackle all of the other easy, sit-at-the-computer jobs on my to-do list!

Anyway, sorry for the novel. I guess I'm making up for lost time since I haven't written anything here for a while! Hope everyone else had a good week!

Wow, awesome loss perky!

I lost another full pound, if I keep it up I might break the 190 barrier soon!

Um, here's some silly "almost famous" video of my 4 mile race on Sunday, lol. I figured I needed to dust off the GoPro and get some practice in for my upcoming vacations to make sure I get some good pictures and video!

I am dreading this 10k I have in 2 weeks that I got talked into and will definitely be walking most of that! The good news is it's in Key West with some old high school friends I have not seen in a while so it should be a blast! (as long as I don't over indulge on the calories!)

Wishing good losses for everyone!

That is a great video! (I love an edit that tells a story - well done!) Looks like a good time and congrats on the loss. I don't know why I can ride a bike forever, but a 5K just kicks my butt, and knees.

Still in the Wonderland of Vegas, we're done tomorrow so I'll weigh in Sat, but except for Tues night I've been pretty good. Calories under 1600 plus the elliptical every morning is helping - another 30 minutes today, and walked around for a couple hours last night (with a gin and tonic so hopefully they cancel each other out...)

Have a good week people! 8c4de9877f807c3c0a49b7a8fe90c565.jpg

Wow shootr, you are doing awesome for being in Vegas! LOL, I would be gaining big time!

And perky I forgot to mention that is awesome timing for the 6.3 miles! When I got forced to signed up for this 10k in a couple weeks I had a goal of under an hour........... lol, I quickly found out the hard way that ain't gonna happen! I switched my goal to just finishing or possibly an hour and a half :o

Just did a 7 day on the Caribbean Princess. Weighed in today to a 3.1 gain. I was pretty happy with that. I had some incredibly good food and came back to get right on program. I didn't go totally crazy, made some good choices and kept extremely active. I felt like this was total success for me. Just thought I'd share.

perky, steven, diana....great losses.

shootr...nice pic. Paris is one of my favorite hotels in Vegas.

I am down .5 lb. These last few pounds are so hard to get off.

roysue...that is not a bad gain for a cruise.

I hope that Belle is ok. So unusual for her to not be here for so long.

Rose

Wow shootr, you are doing awesome for being in Vegas! LOL, I would be gaining big time!

And perky I forgot to mention that is awesome timing for the 6.3 miles! When I got forced to signed up for this 10k in a couple weeks I had a goal of under an hour........... lol, I quickly found out the hard way that ain't gonna happen! I switched my goal to just finishing or possibly an hour and a half :o

Thanks & good luck with your 10K! There's certainly nothing wrong with walking part of it. I walked part of my first 5K race. I think just completing 10K is a great accomplishment!

Well, managed to stay even at 191 after a week of eating food I mostly couldn't control, drinking too much alcohol that was totally my control, but also hitting a gym that I haven't been doing in forever.

Wish it was a little better, but looking back, you can only have so much fun and not suffer the consequences.

Supposed to rain heavy today but so far just early thunder, wonderful to wake up to, so we're going to walk the home show and get pool remodel quotes and replacement window bids.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

HI all!

Didn't check in earlier as I would have been the only gainer except for roysue who was on a cruise so had a good reason. You all are doing so great.

I was up 1.2 lbs on Thursday but it could have been the scale as it said I was down 2.2 the week before. Well, whatever the reason I'm still more than I want to be & when I mentionned it this time to my doctor he said don't go so much by the number but by what you can do. He recommended doing "core" exercises so I'll have to look them up.

Have a great week & hope to see Belle back. Hope all is well with her.

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all!

Didn't check in earlier as I would have been the only gainer except for roysue who was on a cruise so had a good reason. You all are doing so great.

I was up 1.2 lbs on Thursday but it could have been the scale as it said I was down 2.2 the week before. Well, whatever the reason I'm still more than I want to be & when I mentionned it this time to my doctor he said don't go so much by the number but by what you can do. He recommended doing "core" exercises so I'll have to look them up.

Have a great week & hope to see Belle back. Hope all is well with her.

~ Jo ~ :)

The plank is one of the most effective core exercises. See how long you can hold the position to begin with, then work your way up to a full minute or two. Just watch your form -- if your butt's way up in the air you're not doing it right.