Turning gold during the cruise

cruzinlisa

Quick question. DH has 21 cruise days and is currently red. We are booked on a 5 day cruise and he should be turning gold during this cruise. The cruise manager still lists him as red. I thought it might change after final payment, and it did not. Then I thought maybe after we finished our online registration, but again, it did not. I remember when I turned gold (again) during our last cruise I got a gold card when we sailed, but I don't remember if I showed up as gold on my cruise manager or not. So for anyone who recently sailed that turned gold during the cruise, did you show up as red in the cruise manager or gold?

Amazingly my cruise manager says we cruise in 16 days. WHAT???? Time is flying by. Anyway, I don't want to have to call carnival unless I need to, but he wants to be gold (again!) for this cruise.

I turned gold on my Liberty cruise on 9/13. My account showed red even until a couple of days after I got home from the cruise. My sign & sail card was gold, though, when I checked in. I also received an invitation to the past guest party. My account now shows gold.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

The FAQ section for VIFP states that you "turn" the next color on the cruise on which you hit that number of days.

Go to View Cruise Documents and look at your booking summary - don't need to print it; you can just view your documents. That will show him as Gold.

My cruise buddy coming with me on 11/1 doesn't get Day 25 until the last day of our 8-night cruise. When I booked, the confirmation shows her as Red. But when I view the docs, it shows her as Gold.

The FAQ section for VIFP states that you "turn" the next color on the cruise on which you hit that number of days.

Go to View Cruise Documents and look at your booking summary - don't need to print it; you can just view your documents. That will show him as Gold.

My cruise buddy coming with me on 11/1 doesn't get Day 25 until the last day of our 8-night cruise. When I booked, the confirmation shows her as Red. But when I view the docs, it shows her as Gold.

Thanks. I knew that he would in fact turn gold during the cruise, but the cruise manager and his profile shows him as red. However, I forgot you could view the boarding pass without printing. So I did that and it does show both of us as gold and DD as red.

He will be happy to get an invite to the gold and above party. We will probably have to have our DD crash it though, because last time it was when camp was closed. Its okay though, she is 3 1/2 so she does not drink much :rolleyes:

You are as good as gold- so do not worry. As other have stated your cruise documents will show you are gold.You will be show red on the website a a week or so after getting home.. You can save your documents as a pdf and email them to yourself to have available in case some happens and your lose them walking up to the port- this happened to me on a windily day.