Dining Question Please

Mary&Jim

Hi all,

I will be on the Explorer in December with my dh and three other couples. Two couples booked with a TA, the other two couples booked directly with RCCL.

I've been trying to link our reservations together for dinner but because of the way the reservations were booked, both the TA and RCCL refused. One of the RCCL couples has MTD because there is no availability left for early dining and was refused to be waitlisted.

If we all move to MTD, can we make reservations to have dinner together then? Should we wait and speak with the dining room staff after we board? Both TA and RCCL haven't been much help in resolving this situation.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mary

I do not understand why they cannot be linked - do not matter if they are booked through TA or RCCL. Might be because of different dining options.

I can strongly recommend MTD - I have used MTD since it was introduced. So change to MTD and if you are not able to link and book prior to the trip you will certainly be able to get a table together once onboard.

I don't know if this will help but we called and didn't have any problem linking up with friends that are going with us,,,

I had to have their booking #, full name, birth date, and phone #.

they linked us right up!!! good luck

I wish you well

also I had booked with rc. if you used a TA they will have to do for you. there should be no reason why they cant do it...

Edited by preschool teacher

But you should be able to link reservations. I've done it many times. Earlier this month, I had someone book long after we booked. He used a different TA. I provided him full names and my reservation number and he got our dinner reservations linked in a matter of moments. Sounds like someone's TA either doesn't know what s/he is doing or is lazy.

Yes sometimes (often) per agreement w/ the travel agencies, it's hard to get a cruise line to make any changes to your booking. If you book thru a TA then the TA has to do it. Since you have more than 1 TA, if you prefer traditional dining, get the other TA to link the reservations.

If you don't care about traditional, then MTD is very nice. I can go either way on the issue, and I switch it up from cruise to cruise. Good things to be said for both.

All you need is everyone's booking reservation # to link. We've done it a few times and it doesn't matter TA or RCI. We've had our TA and another TA link us before. It's very possible, you just have to get everyone involved.

It will all work out. Just a little frustrating dealing with all the finger-pointing from RCCL to the TA. I had all the travelers involved call their TA or RCCL with the information, but no luck. I've wanted to try MTD, so maybe this will be a good opportunity.

It's all good!

Mary

Edited by Mary&Jim

You were right. The reservations cannot be linked for dining as one couple has MTD while the other 3 have early seating. Different dining rooms on different decks.

Best bet would be to change everyone to MTD and then they do not even need to be linked. Just show up as a group or make reservations once on board.

Yes...if everyone does MTD, there is no need to "link"...simply show up as a group of 6!

I'll still recommend to link and I'll also recommend to reserve table rather than just show up as a group of six! - if no reservation it might take some time to get a table for six.

I'm always making reservations - the night before at the latest - then reservations can be changed.