Switching cruises after final payment?

Wondering if anyone has had any experience in being able to switch cruises after final payment has been made on a cruise.

In our case it would be going from a 4 night cruise to a 8 night cruise at a greater overall cost. The cruise we would be giving up we were able to get super cheap prices on a JS and an inside and they would be selling for more than what we paid for them.

The only answer that will mean anything .....is the one from the cruise line.

They have their rules and they might bend them for you ..... or not.

You not just switching cruises ...... you cancel one and book a different one.

Call them .....they are open now.

Edited by wieslaw

Wondering if anyone has had any experience in being able to switch cruises after final payment has been made on a cruise.

In our case it would be going from a 4 night cruise to a 8 night cruise at a greater overall cost. The cruise we would be giving up we were able to get super cheap prices on a JS and an inside and they would be selling for more than what we paid for them.

The official answer is that you have to cancel the first one and book the second one, incurring any penalties that the timing dictates.

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Night cruises

60+ No charges

59-43 Deposit amount

42-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

But in practice, they have the ability to make exceptions.

You have to call and ask. IF you don't get the answer that you want, call back and get a different person. ;) :D

The official answer is that you have to cancel the first one and book the second one, incurring any penalties that the timing dictates.

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Night cruises

60+ No charges

59-43 Deposit amount

42-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

But in practice, they have the ability to make exceptions.

You have to call and ask. IF you don't get the answer that you want, call back and get a different person. ;) :D

Thanks.

Kind of what I figured. Hopefully the 8 day cruise will drop after it's final payment at 75 days and before ours at 60 days so it won't be an issue. If it does drop after our final payment it is always worth a couple or three phone calls.:D

I would definitely call and ask.It can't hurt. I've taking one reservation and switched ships and sail date with the same reservation but that was well before final payment.

Done that many times. I had one Reservation that had to have at least 4 different ships and many more different cabins assigned to it before we finally used it.

As you said can't hurt to ask.

I have done this several times over the years and did so last January... Yes they will switch after final payment... Just explain your situation to the Rep. No do not cancel first they will just switch everything to the new booking.

If a rep tells you no.....ask for a supervisor..

I would not count on it being set in stone. It is taken on a case to case basis and also depends on your reason for wanting to switch.

Yes............This has been my experience.....I just haven't been denied yet ....

You would have to have a reasonable situation for RC to make the change.

OP please let us know what happens

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

Yes............This has been my experience.....I just haven't been denied yet ....

You would have to have a reasonable situation for RC to make the change.

OP please let us know what happens

Thanks. Only reason for switching is to go on an 8 day as opposed to a 4 day the same week. The cruise is not until March. My final payment date is middle of January. I'll let you know how it works out. This is all provided that the price of the 8 day cruise drops on price from its current level.