What was the Worst Royal Caribbean cruise?

collinH45

This is a thread that you write down what was your worst cruise. My worst cruise was the Vision. It disappointed my parents because the entertainment was the worst. They went on September 25-29, 2014. I heard the news from my parents today and they wanted to rate it 2 stars.

Worst RCI cruise was our first RCI cruise, on Rhapsody from Galveston in 2003, after having sailed Princess 6 times and NCL Norway once. The food was just horrible. I was actually hungry on that cruise. We had a corner aft balcony and the vibration back there was so bad I wondered if the mirrors were going to fall off the walls! But we thought the ship was gorgeous and the service fantastic and had a fun time. We have cruised only RCI since then!

Edited by 39august

I can't imagine having a bad cruise. I'm pretty easy going and don't let things bother me. The way I see it is I could always be back at home, working. :(

My Navigator cruise rained almost the entire trip. I was bummed I didn't go back home with a tan, but I still had a blast on the ship!

My only bad cruise was my own doing because I was in a bad mood over my excursion being canceled. Still beat the heck out of being at work, and the next day walking around in Key West on Halloween day made up for it. What was the question again? :)

Even sailing thru a Cat 5 hurricane on a MarinerOTS Mex Riviera charter cruise doesn't rate as a "bad" cruise. Captain Johnny did his best to skirt the storm and the crew did an outstanding job of keeping us safe and happy! All of my cruises on RC have been fantastic (albeit all were full ship charters) no matter how big or small the ship, these cruises have always ranked at the top of my list.

Two come to mind...

First, VOS out of Galveston in December. Fog delayed, sat in port until Tuesday morning. That said, 900 guest left the ship so once we sailed, nothing was crowded! Not really a bad cruise, and certainly not RCCL's fault. I understand the risk of sailing from Galveston this time of year.

Second, Princess to the Mexican Riviera. Bad weather, bad ports, seas that are just not as pretty as the Caribbean. Cruise itself was good...just a poor choice of itinerary.

Our worst cruise was a transatlantic. It started out great and most of it was fun but it went down hill. I started getting back and leg pain the second week. It was so bad I went to the medical facility. The morphine shot and pills took the edge off, but the pain was awful. The last day of the cruise I noticed a rash on one leg.

Some of you know where this is going, but I had no idea at the time. On the drive home on Saturday I called a friend and she said it sounded like I had shingles. I couldn't see my doctor until Monday and by then the pain was excruciating. My friend was right. It turned out to be shingles, with the typical symptoms of severe pain and a rash on one side of the body. I found out the if I had told the doctor onboard about the rash she would have known it was shingles and could have given me medicine that would have greatly reduced the severity of the case, but the rash didn't show up until the last day.

The reason I'm sharing this is to help you know the symptoms (if you haven't seen it enough on the TV commercials) and that there is a shingles vaccine available for people 60 and older. It won't necessarily prevent shingles but will lessen the likelihood greatly and if you do get it the case will be much less severe. Do yourself a favor get a shingles vaccine as a 60th birthday present to yourself or today if you're over 60. OK, I'll get off my soapbox.

BTW, the cabin steward was great about bringing extra pillows to prop my legs up and ice packs. The medical staff was great too.