Cruise Points / Cruise Nights

Don't let it bother you. People are different and you can't make everyone behave they way you think they should. A cruise is your vacation; don't let the time used on this forum upset you to the point where it might impact the enjoyment of your cruise.

I need to say this as it really annoys me.

In a couple of threads there are odd comments about people's status and that they have travelled x number of nights with RCI.

For example someone has just become Diamond Plus at 176. They say that "after travelling 176 nights they are pleased to have this status". Then on another thread a while ago they mentioned how they got double points due to staying in a suite several times.

Therefore in this example to get Diamond Plus status (or in another example whichever status) they did not do "x number of nights cruising" - they did a much lower number of nights due to double points.

This annoys me as when I see this sort of comment in here people (IMHO especially Diamond Plus & Pinnacle cruisers), they seem to say it to brag about the number of nights their hard earned money had paid for when really it is nowhere near that number of nights they have cruised.

False info and false bragging !:eek:

OK - rant over - :)

Thanks for listening :) :)

Life is full of inequities. Get over it.

I don't care about people's status or what they did to get it. What gets me is when they mention their status in a post where it has nothing to do with the question. If you are asking a question about a certain perk, then your status is relevant. If not, its just bragging. The poster may be trying to impress others by including that nugget of information, but its really having the opposite effect.

In a couple of threads there are odd comments about people's status and that they have travelled x number of nights with RCI.

For example someone has just become Diamond Plus at 176. They say that "after travelling 176 nights they are pleased to have this status". Then on another thread a while ago they mentioned how they got double points due to staying in a suite several times.

Therefore in this example to get Diamond Plus status (or in another example whichever status) they did not do "x number of nights cruising" - they did a much lower number of nights due to double points.

This annoys me as when I see this sort of comment in here people (IMHO especially Diamond Plus & Pinnacle cruisers), they seem to say it to brag about the number of nights their hard earned money had paid for when really it is nowhere near that number of nights they have cruised.

Don't care about anyone's points/status but my own. Have to admit though, that I'm quite jealous of your having homes in 3 countries!

:D

I don't care about people's status or what they did to get it. What gets me is when they mention their status in a post where it has nothing to do with the question. If you are asking a question about a certain perk, then your status is relevant. If not, its just bragging. The poster may be trying to impress others by including that nugget of information, but its really having the opposite effect.

I think sometimes people state their status to help explain they know from experience of many cruises what they are talking about VS being a novice.

What an exceptionally trivial thing to be annoyed by...

I think sometimes people state their status to help explain they know from experience of many cruises what they are talking about VS being a novice.

I haven't but I can see why some would. Some times it does make a difference if you know they're an experienced cruiser.

Every time that I have cruised has been in at least a Jr. Suite. It took less than six years to make Diamond status. What difference does it make to you? I will cruise my cruise, you cruise yours.

Go back and read the original post. They're not complaining about people's cruising status, nor are they complaining about how people achieved that status. They are complaining about people that misstate how many nights they've cruised.

Edited by time4u2go

Only because I misread it the first time, after reading your comment, I went back and read again. By the time I was done reading the second time I thought, "Why did I do that? I still don't care." :o

That made me laugh out loud.:)

Also if worrying about the number of days/status that a cruiser has is the worst thing that the OP has going for them in their life then I would count my blessings. ;)

Edited by cruisingator2

Serious question -- Do you really care about this, or are you just trying to stir up conversation?:confused:

No, I am not a scurrilous person just wanting to stir a pot or generate conversation for the sake of it.

It does annoy me.

:)

My DH & I finally did reach D this year, yet our cruising pleasure doesn't come from the number of cruises we have taken, which total 9 since 2002, nor our Tier, but for the people we meet and new lands we visited. Are we happy to finally have reached Diamond, yes, but I won't advertise our level nor will it change how & why we cruise. We managed a cruise about every 2 sometimes 3 years except for our Australia trip this past Spring. We will probably visit the D lounge occassionall but it isn't something we need to make our cruise enjoyable.

Seems like the complaint around here use to be that a lot of people sailed on many short, cheap, 3 and 4 night cruises to gain their high status up the C&A ladder.

Not sure why any of that matters to anyone. Im lowly Gold and likely will not see Diamond for another 10 years if that. Diamond + wont happen unless I win the lottery. Pinnacle is absolutely out of the question without some huge jackpot winnings. I just cruise because I love cruising. I am not worried in the least about someone elses status in C&A or how they went about obtaining it but I guess Ive never really noticed any bragging about it.

Most of the higher tier folks around here are very helpful and they never flaunt their status.

And people's entire cruising history could be completely fabricated. Welcome to the anonymous world of Internet forums. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, I feel the need for full disclosure after being so accurately nailed by the OP.:D:eek:

I just did the math, and I have completed 93 days with RCI and I have 112 cruise points, I am a 19 night liar. Thanks RCI for making me look foolish.:D My reputation is forever tarnished.

By the time I go on my two cruises in February it will be worse. as I will do 12 days and have 17 points. They are making it worse for my reputation!!!!!

This must stop!!!!:eek::rolleyes:

jc

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, I feel the need for full disclosure after being so accurately nailed by the OP.:D:eek:

I just did the math, and I have completed 93 days with RCI and I have 112 cruise points, I am a 19 night liar. Thanks RCI for making me look foolish.:D My reputation is forever tarnished.

By the time I go on my two cruises in February it will be worse. as I will do 12 days and have 17 points. They are making it worse for my reputation!!!!!

jc

Lol that was funny

Sent from my C6522N using Forums mobile app

Serious question -- Do you really care about this, or are you just trying to stir up conversation?:confused:

Exactly. Who cares? I got to D+ my way, others got there their way. Makes no difference how we each got to the level we are at. We love to cruise and for us that is all that matters!:)

jc

jc, I'll do you one better. We earned our 700th point on our 41st cruise.:p Do you think that might annoy the OP?????

Edited by cruisenfever

jc, I'll do you one better. We earned our 700th point on our 41st cruise.:p Do you think that might annoy the OP?????

As I said before, OP isn't bothered by people earning status. They are bothered by people misstating how many nights they've cruised. Go back and read their post again.

Many of you are completely missing what the OP is saying annoys him.

The OP does not care one bit how or when you obtained your tier status.

What he is saying is there is a difference between days sailed and cruise points and that many post their points and claim them as days sailed.

That is what annoys him not anyone's tier status.

Looks like I type rather slow.

Edited by looking4info

This must stop!!!!

jc

As the OP I say it must stop. You need therapy and 2 years doing community service.

Don't let it happen again !!!!!

:) :)