every cruise should start and end in Florida here's why.

motleyfan

First let me say this is just my opinion, there's nothing wrong with respectful debate. Reason number 1. Everyone knows Florida as the vacation capital of the world so people won't mind coming to Florida for a cruise. 2, starting and ending every cruise in Florida would make it easier for Floridians to cruise ( we cruise most often anyways). 3, cruise companies could package themselves with different theme parks. 4. It would bring added revenue to Florida.

So no cruises in Alaska, Australia New Zealand, Asia, Hawaii, Bermuda, Northern Europe, Mediterranean, Canada, and countless other areas around the world.

Don't think the cruise industry would survive with Florida only cruises.

And Florida doesn't have too much additional capacity beyond what is already in place.

I like Florida but there are many other places that we like to visit beyond Florida.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

Just curious as to whether this modest proposal would have the cruise lines liquidate their excess ships that are currently homeported elsewhere, or have their entire fleets relocate to Florida. If the latter, I am so looking forward to seeing a dozen or more ships when calling at San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Barbados et al instead of the normal six or so seen now.

And fewer choices resulting from less competition between homeports is guaranteed to result in less last-minute discounting that we Floridians love to grab up. So tell me again how it would be "easier" for me to cruise...

First let me say this is just my opinion, there's nothing wrong with respectful debate. Reason number 1. Everyone knows Florida as the vacation capital of the world so people won't mind coming to Florida for a cruise. 2, starting and ending every cruise in Florida would make it easier for Floridians to cruise ( we cruise most often anyways). 3, cruise companies could package themselves with different theme parks. 4. It would bring added revenue to Florida.

I live in Florida and never cruise. I actually am quite ambivalent about cruising.

I totally agree!

The four Florida ports I've departed from understand guest satisfaction. Port of Tampa, Port Everglades, Port of Miami and Port Canaveral all do an excellent job. I was in NO WAY impressed with departing from Bayport outside of Houston. San Diego was convenient but the facility itself was poor. Although I understand they now have one modern pier.

The only improvement I can think of for departing from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale would be to have a light rail connecting the airport and cruise ports.

I totally agree!

The four Florida ports I've departed from understand guest satisfaction. Port of Tampa, Port Everglades, Port of Miami and Port Canaveral all do an excellent job. I was in NO WAY impressed with departing from Bayport outside of Houston. San Diego was convenient but the facility itself was poor. Although I understand they now have one modern pier.

The only improvement I can think of for departing from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale would be to have a light rail connecting the airport and cruise ports.

I agree I've been to bayport lol

Sent from my C6522N using Forums mobile app

Just curious as to whether this modest proposal would have the cruise lines liquidate their excess ships that are currently homeported elsewhere, or have their entire fleets relocate to Florida. If the latter, I am so looking forward to seeing a dozen or more ships when calling at San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Barbados et al instead of the normal six or so seen now.

And fewer choices resulting from less competition between homeports is guaranteed to result in less last-minute discounting that we Floridians love to grab up. So tell me again how it would be "easier" for me to cruise...

The ships could still go all over. Right now there's only one world cruise that starts and ends in Miami.

So no cruises in Alaska, Australia New Zealand, Asia, Hawaii, Bermuda, Northern Europe, Mediterranean, Canada, and countless other areas around the world.

Don't think the cruise industry would survive with Florida only cruises.

And Florida doesn't have too much additional capacity beyond what is already in place.

I like Florida but there are many other places that we like to visit beyond Florida.

Keith

The home port would be Florida but the ships would still go all of those places.

The ships could still go all over. Right now there's only one world cruise that starts and ends in Miami.

This is not what your thread said. It said each cruise starts and ends in Florida.

Not easy for a 7 or even 12 day cruise to go from Florida to the Med and back to Florida in 12 days unless they attache wings to the ship. Oh, but that is called an airplane.

Edited by Keith1010

Keith has excellent points, as usual.

Think motleyfan must work in a related business...:confused:

Nope I'm a chiropractor, I just hate flying so it'd be cool to be able to go all over the world without having to fly.

The home port would be Florida but the ships would still go all of those places.

And what is the benefit to making Florida a home port for all cruise ships?

Many by the way do not have a home port because they travel the world or because their routes change often.

The ones that have a home port tend to be the seven day cruises that repeat pretty much the entire year.

Many cruise ships do not repeat like this and don't have nor need a home port.

And what is the benefit to making Florida a home port for all cruise ships?

Many by the way do not have a home port because they travel the world or because their routes change often.

The ones that have a home port tend to be the seven day cruises that repeat pretty much the entire year.

Many cruise ships do not repeat like this and don't have nor need a home port.

Idk I didn't put that much thought into it lol. The basic idea is still cool.

Idk I didn't put that much thought into it lol. The basic idea is still cool.

Agree and Disagree :D I think the posters might be taking this thread too seriously. ;)

Agree and Disagree :D I think the posters might be taking this thread too seriously. ;)

I agree. It would be cool because they could still have cruises that go to Alaska only they'd start and end in Florida and I wouldn't have to fly lol

I agree. It would be cool because they could still have cruises that go to Alaska only they'd start and end in Florida and I wouldn't have to fly lol

Nice to see that you have achieved at an astoundingly young age the gentleman-of-leisure status that we all aspire to so as to be able to take off for the five to six weeks a round-trip from Florida sailing to Alaska would entail (never mind coming up with the tariff for two full transits of the Panama Canal) :rolleyes:

Nice to see that you have achieved at an astoundingly young age the gentleman-of-leisure status that we all aspire to so as to be able to take off for the five to six weeks a round-trip from Florida sailing to Alaska would entail (never mind coming up with the tariff for two full transits of the Panama Canal) :rolleyes:

Lol honey I said I didn't put much thought into it.

Ok ashie

That's "Ashland" to you...:rolleyes:

For someone that started out their OP with a respectful tone of debate...you've definitely taken a downward turn.

Edited by Ashland

That's bizarre - I pegged you for a veteran cruiser! :D

I absolutely did too..and the reason for my :eek: post...that "motleyfan" didn't seem to get :rolleyes:

Hope you're continuing to do well :)