"We Value Your Opinion" Survey

SilvertoGold

I received my survey today. Unfortunately, I forgot to enter one of the cruises I have been on and I finished the survey before I realized my mistake. Warning.... for the first survey, you cannot go back and make corrections once you have supposedly completed the survey.

I also did not opt to give them any income info either currently or in the past.

I do not know if it was this choice, but... it only took me about 5 minutes to complete the survey. I was never asked for any info on my vacations.

I have spoken with HAL and I have to call back tomorrow when guest relations is open to see if they can help me. The rep I spoke with told me the department I need leaves at about 2:30 Pacific time.

It will be interesting to see what questions are asked in part 2.

I did a survey on cruising a couple of weeks ago which I think was sponsored by HAL (I used to design surveys long ago) and they posed some very interesting new ideas/concepts. I cannot wait to see if this survey does the same.

DaveOKC

HAL may value our input bit they certainly do not seem to do much with it.

Has the entertainment improved over the past few years, have they improved the food quality or the snail like MDR service?

How about that wine list...same old same old only now we cannot take our own on board. Still well behind the curve on their smoking policy.

Real, quantifiable enhancements to the Mariner program instead of things like a free advertisiing magazine or a lunch that we have already paid for..

Does anyone really think HAL is acting on the data from the surveys? We don't.

It is 'sleepy hollow in Seattle' from our perspective.

HAL may value our input bit they certainly do not seem to do much with it.

Has the entertainment improved over the past few years, have they improved the food quality or the snail like MDR service?

How about that wine list...same old same old only now we cannot take our own on board. Still well behind the curve on their smoking policy.

Real, quantifiable enhancements to the Mariner program instead of things like a free advertisiing magazine or a lunch that we have already paid for..

Does anyone really think HAL is acting on the data from the surveys? We don't.

It is 'sleepy hollow in Seattle' from our perspective.

I am sure that Holland America acts on information gleaned from the survey, but their goal is not to give you a better cruise, but to increase their profits.

It will be interesting to see what questions are asked in part 2.
I don't want to give too much away, but in my part 2 there was an entertaining series of questions which provided an opportunity to guess which cruise line was being referred to (although that's not what the survey was asking you to do).

If you've already said that you've sailed on that line before, the survey will tell you a couple of questions later so you can award yourself your own Dam Dollars if you got the line correct. But if you haven't, the line remains anonymous. Nevertheless, some are very easy to identify from the photos.

For those of you who can't open the survey but still want to do it, just meail to the contact address and tell them you can't open it. They will email you a new, workable survey.

What a long-winded survey, both parts. My hubbie was going to do his, but after I told him what would be in store for him, he just deleted it!

Overall, a fascinating exercise in marketing and advertising. Definitely an uber-survey in every respect.

my guess is... looks like those with a lot of days/cruises on HAL or Princess will NOT be getting a survey.. same as with emails.. never get any offers.. call them up and they'll tell you they'll put you on the mailing list... you might get a couple right away.. then they will immediately stop.. been going on a while now...

HAL Marketing targets those with a few cruises or newbies.. they have the people with a lot of days 'hooked' already

why would anyone think that the link to this survey would work after that boondoggle with HAL's website that they changed and messed up recently

my guess is... looks like those with a lot of days/cruises on HAL or Princess will NOT be getting a survey.. same as with emails.. never get any offers.. call them up and they'll tell you they'll put you on the mailing list... you might get a couple right away.. then they will immediately stop.. been going on a while now...

HAL Marketing targets those with a few cruises or newbies.. they have the people with a lot of days 'hooked' already

why would anyone think that the link to this survey would work after that boondoggle with HAL's website that they changed and messed up recently

Not sure I agree with you. We are making 4 stars this cruise and take 2-3 cruises a year. Yet we get lots of email offers from HAL, including this survey.

I'm not so sure you are correct.

As 5 stars we get oodles of email and mail marketing brochures.

We both got the survey, which would not load. After emailing the contact, we both received the survey and they loaded perfectly.

The survey was not sent by HAL or Carnival Corp, but by a marketing company on behalf of Carnival.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Not sure I agree with you. We are making 4 stars this cruise and take 2-3 cruises a year. Yet we get lots of email offers from HAL, including this survey.

I'm not so sure you are correct.

As 5 stars we get oodles of email and mail marketing brochures.

We both got the survey, which would not load. After emailing the contact, we both received the survey and they loaded perfectly.

The survey was not sent by HAL or Carnival Corp, but by a marketing company on behalf of Carnival.

Judging from the number of people who have a lot of days and don't get special pricing I think you are very lucky. My question to you both is do you ever have multiple cruises booked at once. If there is a gap between your cruises I coukd see if happening. I have a couple of ideas for next spring and they will likely be with princess so I may not be back to hal until fall of 2015. I expect hal will bombard we with special pricing kinda like princess is doing now.

Judging from the number of people who have a lot of days and don't get special pricing I think you are very lucky. My question to you both is do you ever have multiple cruises booked at once. If there is a gap between your cruises I coukd see if happening. I have a couple of ideas for next spring and they will likely be with princess so I may not be back to hal until fall of 2015. I expect hal will bombard we with special pricing kinda like princess is doing now.

I'm not talking about special pricing. Just responding to Stakeout's idea that only newbies and low Mariners receive surveys and marketing.

We receive lots of brochures, emailed and mailed, with mostly out-of date pricing. (But the pictures are nice).

"Special pricing" to me is the pricing that shows up in green and is lower than if I don't put my Mariner number in. This pricing comes up in some categories, on some cruises, sometimes.

We almost never have multiple cruises booked. The gap between cruises is usually 2 to 6 months. Once booked, however, the marketing usually stops, but starts up again within 2 weeks of disembarkation. I truly hope this info helps!!

I'm not talking about special pricing. Just responding to Stakeout's idea that only newbies and low Mariners receive surveys and marketing.

We receive lots of brochures, emailed and mailed, with mostly out-of date pricing. (But the pictures are nice).

"Special pricing" to me is the pricing that shows up in green and is lower than if I don't put my Mariner number in. This pricing comes up in some categories, on some cruises, sometimes.

We almost never have multiple cruises booked. The gap between cruises is usually 2 to 6 months. Once booked, however, the marketing usually stops, but starts up again within 2 weeks of disembarkation. I truly hope this info helps!!

Ok, I thought you were responding to the statement about the offers. There is still something odd about who the surveys go to. I've gotten 2 from princess, none from hal.

Ok, I thought you were responding to the statement about the offers. There is still something odd about who the surveys go to. I've gotten 2 from princess, none from hal.

You might get one yet. From what some have said, it seems that some people got the survey quite a while ago. Maybe they are going out in batches.

I am familiar with some of your ideas (esp. early booking...) and I don't think you are missing any chance to tell them what you think of it: no space to write in comments, at least not on mine.

Looking forward to hearing if you do get the survey.

You might get one yet. From what some have said, it seems that some people got the survey quite a while ago. Maybe they are going out in batches.

I am familiar with some of your ideas (esp. early booking...) and I don't think you are missing any chance to tell them what you think of it: no space to write in comments, at least not on mine.

Looking forward to hearing if you do get the survey.

I can pretty much guarantee I won't. The princess one is enough and no place to put not applicable. When they have questions about activities for kids I'm in no position to answer.

I can pretty much guarantee I won't. The princess one is enough and no place to put not applicable. When they have questions about activities for kids I'm in no position to answer.

I know! There were several questions that did not apply at all to me. I just winged it and hoped for the best.