Price of dinner at Tuscan Grill

billy10

I just spoke to Captains club and some of the raised prices came down Sept 7th, others will expire in November. We were speaking about the Normandie, however she said it was true for other restaurants. It could be the lower price is now on line unless you get a deal on board.

Was on the Reflection last week and the price for Tuscan was $45 if booked on board. Note that you could book lunch on the last sea day and the price was $25. We ate there for lunch and thought the price was reasonable despite the limited menu.

Can the last day lunch at Tuscan be booked ahead on website or by calling specialty dining #?

What was the limited menu like?

thanks.,..

The price increase would seem to make the 3 and 5 night meal packages a better bargain - unless that increases also. Sigh . . .

We've never booked a package. They look good except for the fact that Celebrity gets to pick where you eat the first night. That doesn't seem very appealing to us. What are people's experiences with that?

I just spoke to Captains club and some of the raised prices came down Sept 7th, others will expire in November. We were speaking about the Normandie, however she said it was true for other restaurants. It could be the lower price is now on line unless you get a deal on board.

I only got the info from one source, so time will tell.

Can the last day lunch at Tuscan be booked ahead on website or by calling specialty dining #?

What was the limited menu like?

thanks.,..

No, you can only pre-book items that appear on the website.

This is essentially an onboard discount... One of many offered as the Restaurants try to fill up / reach their weekly booking / sales quota

Same reason they offer Onboard First Night Discounts

Cheers!

We've never booked a package. They look good except for the fact that Celebrity gets to pick where you eat the first night. That doesn't seem very appealing to us. What are people's experiences with that?

When I purchased the 5 dinner package for our upcoming Feb Eclipse sailing I was able to choose the first dinner on either the first or second night. I chose the second night, assuming that will be the first formal night. I was able to choose our preferred time and we aren't picky as to which restaurant we dine in as we are planning to book the remaining formal nights as well as two others once we're onboard. We were charged in Cdn$, saving money since our dollar was worth more at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I could pre-book it and charge it to my shipboard credit.

I'll never blow through my shipboard credit but don't want to pay more on board than I could by booking in advance... decisions decisions (and first world problems too).

Only if you pre-book; not if you book once onboard.

....and if you are cheeky like me you might get a 2 for 1 offer.;)

I don't remember seeing a two for one offer - is that something new? I love the speciality restaurants but have no desire to Pay $45 a person, that's a bit high. The food in the MDR is usually great.

Marion

Just returned from Silhouette. We went to Qsine, Lawn Club Grille, Tuscan Grille twice... All great!

Price was 45$... However, we got a 2 for 1, or 50 % discount, on all four. Whenever entering Ocean View we were asked if we were interested in specialty restaurants. They even walked around the pool asking... always offering a 2 for 1. That was for any day, not just for day 1.

Never experienced that before... but we sure took advantage of it :-)

Did you have to buy a package that included all four restaurants to get the "two for one" deal? That brings the price down to $25pp per dinner, correct?

Marion

No, we did not buy any package... We just booked as we felt like. They were constantly asking people - on the way to Ocean View, MDR, BLU, pool, breakfast outside... always offering the 50%. When they did, we were able to choose the day, time... completely flexible. We were really glad we had not booked it all online before.

One night we had no reservation at all (Tuscan), but joined a family which we had spent the day with and wanted to continue the good time. We had no expectations for a special price... plus it was a sea day. The Maitre knew us already and gave us a 30 % discount - without us even asking. Of course we expressed our gratitude with an good extra tip...

BTW: I think we enjoyed Qsine the most - because it was special. Lawn Club Grille was neat - we had great weather. And Tuscan is always good... However, with all the other restaurants beeing kind of special, it lost a bit of attraction - at least for us.

Edited by Miaminice

Wow, I wonder if they are only offering this special on the larger ships that have a few specialty restaurants. We will be on the Millennium, their seats might be more on demand than on the larger ships with more options available.

Marion