Where are you going to dine the first night you're on Quantum?

dln929

Grande for the first night as I have heard they will not be enforcing the dress code on the first night of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this note.

We contacted our TA and confirmed such and then changed our Day 1 dining to the Grande around 7. We will go business casual, not formal, but it was a nice fit.

Thanks.

Quantum 3/13 to 21/2015.

We are lucky almost no one will want to eat when we do. We book all our dinners for 930p except the one night we are doing chef's table and that is only available at 630. We live in Alaska, so, if we book at 7 it will be like eating at 3 pm :( We did chef's table on the Oasis last year and it is a MUST for us! Do you know if we will be able to pre book our boarding day lunch like we could on the Oasis?

Edited by nursewurmy

The more I think of it, the more I like starting my vacation with a Mediterranean Rack of Lamb at the Grande, especially if we don't need to dress formally on the first evening! Of course we'll dress nicely but the tux and the sequins can wait until later in the cruise. This is almost like getting a hall pass in high school. ;)

The more I think of it, the more I like starting my vacation with a Mediterranean Rack of Lamb at the Grande, especially if we don't need to dress formally on the first evening! Of course we'll dress nicely but the tux and the sequins can wait until later in the cruise. This is almost like getting a hall pass in high school. ;)

Hmmm

You all have given me an idea. Did not know of the relaxed dress code. I had booked Izumi for first night. :D

Denise

I made all of our dinner reservations tonight for our 9-day Quantum cruise in February. I called up and did it over the phone (and I highly recommend doing it this way until the website is improved).

It was very easy to book. We are late eaters and I found plenty of time slots for every night in the 8:30-9:00 range.

I booked the 4 complimentary restaurants for the first four nights of the cruise and then just mixed them up the rest of the way. The way I look at it is the reservations I made are "place holders" because I want to go to Chops at least once and probably another specialty restaurant as well. Once we try the four restaurants on the first four days, we will then keep, cancel or modify the rest of the nights.

It really was not bad at all on the phone. It only took like 10 minutes to do.

Wonderland Baby!!!!! my kids can not wait. I am the boring eater and the menu does not look like stuff I will like to eat. But the rest of family can not wait. My kids have looked at it a million times.

Can not wait to get your lucky first cruisers pics and opinions.

We are doing The Grande 2x and I tried to change it but American Icon was booked. So beware I might....hold on, be shocked, wear the same dress twice. OMG the horror.

Hmmm

You all have given me an idea. Did not know of the relaxed dress code. I had booked Izumi for first night. :D

Denise

It's always been like that on the first evening of a cruise. Sometimes luggage may not be delivered to the cabin until later in the day or luggage might be lost (hardly happens but just in case!). Relaxed dress code on the first night means that you don't have to stress about getting unpacked when you'd really rather be at sail-away or exploring the ship. :p

It's always been like that on the first evening of a cruise. Sometimes luggage may not be delivered to the cabin until later in the day or luggage might be lost (hardly happens but just in case!). Relaxed dress code on the first night means that you don't have to stress about getting unpacked when you'd really rather be at sail-away or exploring the ship. :p

Yeah but that has always been on regular cruises where there is never formal night on Day 1. This is something new. The Grande is strictly a formal attire restaurant so I am not so sure that they will relax the dress code for that specific restaurant (Unless Royal previously announced that they would).

Yeah but that has always been on regular cruises where there is never formal night on Day 1. This is something new. The Grande is strictly a formal attire restaurant so I am not so sure that they will relax the dress code for that specific restaurant (Unless Royal previously announced that they would).

I tend to agree with this. The Grande is supposed to be just that. A formal restaurant where everyone is in formal/cocktail attire. I think if you don't want to dress, even on the first night then choose somewhere else to dine.

I haven't gone the Black Tie/Formal route in a long time but we are for this restaurant. I would be disappointed if there were people in the dining room casually dressed. Including *smart* casual or resort wear.

I tend to agree with this. The Grande is supposed to be just that. A formal restaurant where everyone is in formal/cocktail attire. I think if you don't want to dress, even on the first night then choose somewhere else to dine.

I haven't gone the Black Tie/Formal route in a long time but we are for this restaurant. I would be disappointed if there were people in the dining room casually dressed. Including *smart* casual or resort wear.

Royal Caribbean has officially announced that the Grande is casual on night one. Not everyone will even have their luggage yet and they don't expect people to try and dress up between boarding, safety drills, and departure. I'm glad they did this as it will give anyone that does not want to dress up a chance to enjoy the venue. This means that their is no real excuse for someone not wanting to dress up showing up at the Grande on other nights. Night one at the Grande is reserved specially for those who do not want a formal night.

Royal Caribbean has officially announced that the Grande is casual on night one. Not everyone will even have their luggage yet and they don't expect people to try and dress up between boarding, safety drills, and departure. I'm glad they did this as it will give anyone that does not want to dress up a chance to enjoy the venue. This means that their is no real excuse for someone not wanting to dress up showing up at the Grande on other nights. Night one at the Grande is reserved specially for those who do not want a formal night.

Oh wow I didn't see that. That's good to hear. Do you remember how long ago they announced that?

While Grande is listed as formal, RC defines formal this way for Grande:

Cocktail dresses, gowns or dressy pantsuits are appropriate for women.

A jacket is required for men, along with pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sports shirt (must have sleeves) or sweater.

Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants at any time.

It's dressy but not what I would call formal. I don't even need a tie, let alone a tux.