Complete list of Oasis of the Seas Drydock Changes

ahecht

Seems as if the main RCI page is mentioning the Oasis class updates, and links to the Oasis page.

On the Oasis (as well as Allure) pages, it presents in more detail about the Dynamic Dining change coming in March 2015 (and can be reserved starting Jan 1, 2015 - note that Allure starts DD on May 2015, so by the summer only DD will remain on Oasis class ships). However, the page also suggests that the Coastal Kitchen may be live immediately as there is nothing about it coming in 2015.

The page also mentions the demise of formal nights: "with no set dining times, assigned seating or required formal nights".

Unfortunately, at this posting time the deck plans aren't updated (other than the poor deck 3 image on the 06-June-2015 plan).

Word from the ship - the deck 11 concierge lounge is still a construction zone. Hopefully someone will update us as to whether or not the so called "suite lounge" in the former Viking Crown Lounge is open to D+ and above. I would guess yes but that doesn't make it true.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Word from the ship - the deck 11 concierge lounge is still a construction zone. Hopefully someone will update us as to whether or not the so called "suite lounge" in the former Viking Crown Lounge is open to D+ and above. I would guess yes but that doesn't make it true.

Gina

I would doubt it, to crowded for all the D+ on that voyage. Probably designate another venue or just use vouchers. I'm sure it will be done soon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Many, if not most of these changes seem so unrealistic. Rumors, maybe. I see nothing on RC's web site on them. Perhaps RC put them out there for consumer feedback. Honestly, I don't see many of them happening. 86 the VCL? Really? That would be like McDonald's getting rid of the big mac. It doesn't make any sense.

Oh why, oh why, oh why, the donut shop. Where am I going to get my chocolate covered donut fix in the morning.

And.......when we were on the ship, the hot dogs were disgusting. Bit in to mine and it sprayed grease everywhere :eek:

I would doubt it, to crowded for all the D+ on that voyage. Probably designate another venue or just use vouchers. I'm sure it will be done soon

This is what I've been suspecting. It looks too small to me, too. Maybe D+ will eventually be moved to the DL only along with the vouchers. They had to have some motive for putting out the 3 vouchers a night and I don't think it was just to be nice and let us have a drink with non-access friends.

That being said, I do like the vouchers.

I'm still looking forward to hearing more updates from those who have just boarded Oasis.

Gina

Many, if not most of these changes seem so unrealistic. Rumors, maybe. I see nothing on RC's web site on them. Perhaps RC put them out there for consumer feedback. Honestly, I don't see many of them happening. 86 the VCL? Really? That would be like McDonald's getting rid of the big mac. It doesn't make any sense.

Not only are they realistic, many of them are completed. There are pictures of the changes on other threads. The VCL is now a suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Edited by Cindy

The deck plans have been removed from the RCI website.

steamboats

Very weird. I see deck plans. But some have reverted back to the old layout, yet other decks still show the "new" layout. I see no suite lounge or coastal kitchen in the Viking Crown Lounge. Yet the new Diamond Lounge remains on deck 4 and the concierge lounge is still listed with Wonderland in the same location.

Gina

Very weird. I see deck plans. But some have reverted back to the old layout, yet other decks still show the "new" layout. I see no suite lounge or coastal kitchen in the Viking Crown Lounge. Yet the new Diamond Lounge remains on deck 4 and the concierge lounge is still listed with Wonderland in the same location.

Gina

I'm sure the board is set to explode with pics and info today or tomorrow

Not only are they realistic, many of them are completed. There are pictures of the changes on other threads. The VCL is now a suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Could you post pictures of these, please. I haven't seen them. Been looking all over the internet to verify the rumors. Can't find anything. I was just on Allure 3 days ago.

I will miss the Viking Crown Lounge. On every ship we visited this bar a number of times.

It was our tradition on the last night, after the packing was done but before we put it outside the door, to go up to this lounge and sit by the windows, have a drink and look out over the ship and talk about our past week and how fast it went. I will miss doing this.

I will find a new favorite bar.:)

We did the exact same thing as you did. I will say the the Viking Lounge on the Freedom was a lot more active at night compared to the Oasis / Allure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Could you post pictures of these, please. I haven't seen them. Been looking all over the internet to verify the rumors. Can't find anything. I was just on Allure 3 days ago.

There are some on the last couple pages of this thread. There are others, but I'm on my way out the door and I can't go through and link them all right now. Don't worry...there will be plenty posted the next couple days!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2041583&page=4

Wonder if the new aft GS' were totally completed in drydock and if not when ? It would be neat to see pics of these new suites. Hint for those returning on Oasis.

Who knows. One person on our roll call for the 11/29/14 sailing is in 12729 and was contacted about his concerns about being booted from his cabin because of construction and was assured all construction would be done by the time we sail.

On the other hand I spoke with resolutions yesterday about 11329 and was told that I was moved from the cabin to another cabin because construction wasn't going to be done and that they are very good at predicting this stuff.

I was assured yesterday that no one was booked in that cabin as of yesterday. We'll find out on 11/29.

That being said 11330 was available for booking last week along with 14330 and 14730.

Like i said, who knows.

Bill

There are some on the last couple pages of this thread. There are others, but I'm on my way out the door and I can't go through and link them all right now. Don't worry...there will be plenty posted the next couple days!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2041583&page=4

Thanks for sharing the link to these great pics of the "new" Lady O.

Rusty, when I go to ships, Oasis, deck plans, there are three sets. Click any of them. Look at deck 17. There are suites in place of the chapel & a lounge and Coastal kitchen & suites lounge in place of VCL. I wish it wasn't true too, but the plans are there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Will the library still be there, or are they removing that as well?

Several pages back, there was theorizing both ways as to if the library was staying or going...and Royal Caribbean has finally confirmed that it will be going away, its space absorbed into Wonderland:

Q: Was anything removed from Oasis of the Seas®?

• The Chef’s Table and the Library have been reimagined into Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine. Wonderland will open in March 2015.

Source, this document: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Oasis_Class_General_FAQ.pdf

:(

Buckeye, I see them on deck 11. Is the issue US vs UK websites?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

When I did a mock booking (to check on fare reductions) on the RCI U.S. official website and went to "ships" underneath "plan a a cruise" , upon choosing Oasis deck plans mine showed new aft cabins 12 and 14, but not deck 11 new aft suites.