Complete list of Oasis of the Seas Drydock Changes

ahecht

As I posted on another thread.

We were able to move our mid ship GS to

Had it not been for CC, we would have never known of the changes.

Also when we made this change yesterday all the other new GS were still available on our sailing.

Sea Ya

As I posted on another thread.

We were able to move our mid ship GS to

Had it not been for CC, we would have never known of the changes.

Also when we made this change yesterday all the other new GS were still available on our sailing.

Sea Ya

Should have gone with 11

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Same thing on deck 14, public balconies.

I saw the official Oasis Blog and it did not list these cabins as new additions to deck 14...odd. I booked one so I know they are there!

I keep trying to add the link, but I can't figure it out.

Edited by Travalerie

Am I the only one that think it stinks that Royal is taking away public spaces to add more cabins to a ship with the most passenger capacity in the world? Making bathrooms smaller to squeeze in two cabins? We sail on Oasis next year. I will truly miss the VCL, loved the views. The secret balconies are great for sailaway or to get away. And Oasis was one of the few ships to have a chapel. If the changes were open to all, but they're not. Concierge & Diamond lounges weren't enough private spaces? I'm really feeling annoyed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Am I the only one that think it stinks that Royal is taking away public spaces to add more cabins to a ship with the most passenger capacity in the world? Making bathrooms smaller to squeeze in two cabins? We sail on Oasis next year. I will truly miss the VCL, loved the views. The secret balconies are great for sailaway or to get away. And Oasis was one of the few ships to have a chapel. If the changes were open to all, but they're not. Concierge & Diamond lounges weren't enough private spaces? I'm really feeling annoyed.

You are not alone...others have posted similar sentiments.

I saw the official Oasis Blog and it did not list these cabins as new additions to deck 14...odd. I booked one so I know they are there!

I keep trying to add the link, but I can't figure it out.

I think the link you tried to add is not an official RCI blog but an RCI Fan blog (affiliated with a travel agency) and that's why CC won't allow you to post it. And, you're right, it doesn't show the new GS on deck 14 aft.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Am I the only one that think it stinks that Royal is taking away public spaces to add more cabins...

No, it's been happening for several years now. All the Vision class ships got more staterooms, Navigator got more staterooms, and I expect it to continue. Public area is also decreasing both from cabins and restaurants.

I think the link you tried to add is not an official RCI blog but an RCI Fan blog (affiliated with a travel agency) and that's why CC won't allow you to post it. And, you're right, it doesn't show the new GS on deck 14 aft.

You are correct! I did not look close enough. Thanks for the clarification!

Am I the only one that think it stinks that Royal is taking away public spaces to add more cabins to a ship with the most passenger capacity in the world?

Though Oasis one of the ships with "the most passenger capacity in the world", it isn't close to being a ship with the most passenger density. I haven't looked at or calculated what the passenger load will be after the update, but there is plenty to spare before it has the same density as the ships from it's major competitors.

Passenger density? Ok. My point is they are taking public spaces, some for more cabins, some for a small select group, at the expense of most passengers. And since Oasis already broke the record for most passengers, is it worth it? VCL is iconic.

Passenger density?

Yes. It is not really sufficient to describe how many people are on a ship without also describing how big the ship is. Putting 4000 people on Brilliance of the Seas, and it is overloaded. 4000 people on Oasis, and it is sparse (if you also need math, I can provide that).

Ok. My point is they are taking public spaces, some for more cabins, some for a small select group, at the expense of most passengers. And since Oasis already broke the record for most passengers, is it worth it? VCL is iconic.

I agree the VCL is iconic, but the spaces they are repurposing are significantly underutilized (and I too have spent time on/in these spaces, often to have it exclusively for myself, and will miss some of them on my next Oasis cruise). Yes, a small group will be affected negatively (mostly those commenting on how much they enjoyed the space - most to also agree it is underutilized space), but a larger group will benefit (more pax can take a cruise, which by simple supply and demand offers to either have reduction in or no need to raise prices; better passenger distribution keeping crowding to a minimum; more enticement for pax who pay higher premium for cabins, which keeps higher priced margins up allowing for lower margin for mainstream cabins).

Passenger density? Ok. My point is they are taking public spaces, some for more cabins, some for a small select group, at the expense of most passengers. And since Oasis already broke the record for most passengers, is it worth it? VCL is iconic.

Most passengers? Did most passengers use the secret balconies or the soon to be downsized public restrooms? How often during the day was the VCL well utilized?

I'm sorry you are disappointed with the changes but your description,"at the expense of most passengers," is grossly exaggerated.

Edited by Oville

The adding of cabins really isn't as drastic as you explain...many of the spaces that were repurposed seem to be underutilized anyway. And I think the need for a suite area (basically all of deck 17) was needed to compete with competition and I'm guessing that people staying in suites have come to expect it from other lines (NCL in particular).

The adding of cabins really isn't as drastic as you explain...many of the spaces that were repurposed seem to be underutilized anyway. And I think the need for a suite area (basically all of deck 17) was needed to compete with competition and I'm guessing that people staying in suites have come to expect it from other lines (NCL in particular).

I agree...I think this is a step at trying to provide an enhanced suite experience. We cruise in suites, but to me the CL and the accompanying "free" drinks aren't a big draw. I like that RCI is looking at ways to enhance the experience.

I do think some of the cabin additions look a bit awkward on paper, especially the ones all alone on the Boardwalk. I'm sure it won't even be noticeable on the ship, but I thought that was an odd location.

See post #50 in this thread

Thanks for the response.

That will teach me to read the whole thread:rolleyes:

It is still bigger than a regular GS.

And hopefully we will get another upsell to a CL :D

If not, I will still be happy with the view.

Thanks again for helping me.

Sea Ya

If a space was open to all & is now open to a few, then the change affects most. I didn't say most took advantage of them. Oasis does not have many spaces, besides pool/sports areas, that have an ocean view. Central Park is lovely, but no view of the water. My family loves Royal. We did Breakaway & didn't care for it compared to Royal. We like traditional dining, gone, we liked having a chapel, gone, we like relaxing in VCL at night, gone. I get they're a business, but why try to sell the same product as NCL? Be a different option. They had a good product, improve upon it, don't completely change it. Oasis has an advantage, as it is unique no matter what. But the smaller ships will have a harder time competing with NCL if their products are similar. Basically, you get less included for the same or more money. Sorry if I decline to agree. And for the record, I did not start with comment on anyone else's opinion, but shared my own.

Though Oasis one of the ships with "the most passenger capacity in the world", it isn't close to being a ship with the most passenger density. I haven't looked at or calculated what the passenger load will be after the update, but there is plenty to spare before it has the same density as the ships from it's major competitors.
Yes. It is not really sufficient to describe how many people are on a ship without also describing how big the ship is. Putting 4000 people on Brilliance of the Seas, and it is overloaded. 4000 people on Oasis, and it is sparse (if you also need math, I can provide that).

Interesting, but where are you finding the statistics on "passenger density" for RCI and competitors?

If a space was open to all & is now open to a few, then the change affects most. I didn't say most took advantage of them. Oasis does not have many spaces, besides pool/sports areas, that have an ocean view. Central Park is lovely, but no view of the water. My family loves Royal. We did Breakaway & didn't care for it compared to Royal. We like traditional dining, gone, we liked having a chapel, gone, we like relaxing in VCL at night, gone. I get they're a business, but why try to sell the same product as NCL? Be a different option. They had a good product, improve upon it, don't completely change it. Oasis has an advantage, as it is unique no matter what. But the smaller ships will have a harder time competing with NCL if their products are similar. Basically, you get less included for the same or more money. Sorry if I decline to agree. And for the record, I did not start with comment on anyone else's opinion, but shared my own.

I never said they were trying to be like NCL, I just used them as an example. I believe suite guests are coming to expect more than just a larger room and some gifts.

Also, I don't think they are completely changing their product. Yes, Dynamic Dining is a big change, and I'm not sure how I'll like it, but I don't believe that it is completely changing the product. In their eyes, it is mostly likely making it better. The VCL is a different story, yes it is their signature, but I've seen so many times that it is underused on the Oasis Class. I'm thinking that the VCL will remain on Freedom Class and below, especially since it is not surrounded by suites on those ships.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser