C&A Upgrade offered at reduced price

Who should you contact on the week-end when C&A Rep is off? We are thinking of upgrading on our December cruise. There are quite a few Junior Suites available and I know we can upgrade for the price difference (we've done that before), but we would like to negotiate for a better price. I don't know if it makes any difference, but we are Diamond.

Who should you contact on the week-end when C&A Rep is off? We are thinking of upgrading on our December cruise. There are quite a few Junior Suites available and I know we can upgrade for the price difference (we've done that before), but we would like to negotiate for a better price. I don't know if it makes any difference, but we are Diamond.

C and A is open on the weekends. Call 800-526-9723

C and A is open on the weekends. Call 800-526-9723

Thanks for the phone number. I called and was told that C&A does not offer discounted upgrades. The only upgrades are through the Revenue Dept and are complimentary (which seems to be the opposite of what others on this thread are reporting).

Maybe I'll call back later?;);)

Thanks for the phone number. I called and was told that C&A does not offer discounted upgrades. The only upgrades are through the Revenue Dept and are complimentary (which seems to be the opposite of what others on this thread are reporting).

Maybe I'll call back later?;);)

I've called twice this past week and was told the same thing. They said revenue now controls the upgrades... Eh...

We booked a W deluxe guarantee(JS or better) 11 months before our 9/21 Allure cruise. 3-4 months out, we were assigned a junior suite.

I started following price changes and 3 weeks out, I called my TA to have her call for a possible paid upgrade to Grand Suite. The first time they said no, the price drop was for new bookings only, then a week later she was able to offer an upgrade to Grand suite for a total of $200 each, which we took.

2 Days before the cruise, I went on RC's website to print my SETSAIL pass

and saw that we were upgraded from the GS to the Owner's suite,

Absolutely awesom5

Ok I'm not familiar what is C&A? And since my husband and I booked our cruise thru a TA for our cruise in February how Can we find out if we would get offered an upgrade from our balcony to something better?

C&A is Royal's loyalty organization called Crown & Anchor. You can join during or after your first cruise on Royal. Your TA will let you know if you are offered an upgrade.

This may have already been asked but did most who received the upgrade email book directly with RCCL

We always book direct through RCCL. And received an upgrade on our last cruise. From the sounds of it they look at the open cabins, and then work their way down the list of passengers from the highest rank in C&A. But that's "unofficial"

I sure hope that the C&A rep that upgraded us on our next Allure cruise was not lying to me about us getting double points. We got the email to upgrade for 50% off Balcony to a JS for $500.00. She said absolutely we would get them and looked up our total points and told me we would be Emerald after this cruise. I will be mad as a hatter if that does not happen!!! :confused:

I sure hope that the C&A rep that upgraded us on our next Allure cruise was not lying to me about us getting double points. We got the email to upgrade for 50% off Balcony to a JS for $500.00. She said absolutely we would get them and looked up our total points and told me we would be Emerald after this cruise. I will be mad as a hatter if that does not happen!!! :confused:

They record these phone calls--or so I thought. :confused:

I recently queried the lack of double points when we had paid a nominal amount to upgrade from an E1 to a JS. I was told no double points as we paid a discounted price

I really can't complain as we only paid a total of $50 to upgrade from a balcony to a js

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if it's to do with whether or not you are approached for a reduced price upgrade. We saw a significantly reduced price and upgraded a couple of years ago from a D cabin to a JS for around $50 pp and got the double points. Earlier this year we were automatically upgraded and didn't get (or expect) double points.

Perhaps if you are offered a significantly reduced price upgrade (rather than actively seeking it out and doing the booking yourself) they regard it in the same way as an automatic upgrade.

Edited by Bobal

I wonder if it's to do with whether or not you are approached for a reduced price upgrade. We saw a significantly reduced price and upgraded a couple of years ago from a D cabin to a JS for around $50 pp and got the double points. Earlier this year we were automatically upgraded and didn't get (or expect) double points.

Perhaps if you are offered a significantly reduced price upgrade (rather than actively seeking it out and doing the booking yourself) they regard it in the same way as an automatic upgrade.

That is also my understanding.

Never had an option to upgrade for free or for cost. Come to think of it, I have never recived a single email from C&A after I signed up, and have done/booked 4 cruises since that time....

Makes sense they would offer you a chance to pay for an upgrade, rather than give it for free...loyalty program or not...

I just got off the phone with C & A who explained to me how their system knows whether or not to give double points. In my case for example the rate basis shows D1 -my initial Balcony booking and even though I paid $900 for the discounted upgrade to JS ( and honestly am paying at least the going rate for that category if not more ) it is that rate basis which will determine I will not get double points. So I have found the one part of RCI's systems which will probably work as described:(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I just got off the phone with C & A who explained to me how their system knows whether or not to give double points. In my case for example the rate basis shows D1 -my initial Balcony booking and even though I paid $900 for the discounted upgrade to JS ( and honestly am paying at least the going rate for that category if not more ) it is that rate basis which will determine I will not get double points. So I have found the one part of RCI's systems which will probably work as described:(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting.

• 1 month later...

OP IS BACK FROM CRUISE - Points were posted today. NO Double Points

NOTE - I have read all the fine print on the offer. There is nothing stated in the email "upgrade offer" regarding NO double C&A points for this JS.

This is the offer: Your Crown & Anchor EXCLUSIVE Benefit: UPGRADE NOW To Junior Suite for UP TO 50%* OFF.

Fine print states: Terms and Conditions

Reduced Rate Upgrade Program available for select sailings and categories. Program will be offered to select guests, and eligibility will be determined based on, but not limited to, cruise points and tier level, stateroom category paid, and booking date. Upgrade rates are offered per person, and non-transferable. Guests who claim the upgrade rates are not eligible for refunds if the price decreases, nor incur a charge if the price increases. Prices and Offer are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/home.do for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

So I called C&A as stated my case. No where in the offer does it state that there is a reduction in C&A points with this paid upgrade. This reduction in points was not verbally stated by C&A when the exact cost of the offer was presented via phone. The offer was accepted based on the information supplied which implies that standard C&A points would be assigned.

C&A response is that for "this offer" double points did not apply. I don't like to complain, but I did stand my ground.

Bottom line: No double points . Ultimately there is little I can do other than share my experience. I hope "Sherman" and others are not too upset. This will have no real impact on my status.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experience and the heads up.