Introducing Princess Cruises® 2 World Cruises in 2016

I just go this email from Princess. I'm going to try and cut and paste the info in here. Well the bones of it at least.

Princess Cruises is pleased to announce the launch of our April to October 2016 Australia based cruises for Sun Princess®, Dawn Princess® and Sea Princess®, featuring our classic 104-night Round World Cruise, a new 75-night Circle Pacific itinerary and more. In 2016, Princess will visit 136 ports in 58 countries on cruises from Australia.

Round World Cruise 2016

Our popular Round World Cruise returns, on board Sea Princess®.

Covering 55 destinations, including 11 new ports in 7 new countries

across the South Pacific, Middle East, Europe and South America,

this is one unforgettable cruise.

• For the first time ever, the cruise will feature a wide range of Baltic ports such as Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tallinn, Riga and Berlin (Warnemunde).
  • Overnight stays include stays in St. Petersburg, Dubai, New York and
    Lima (Callao).
  • Our popular South America leg returns with visits to Cartagena, Ecuador, Calla, San Martin, Santiago (Valparaiso) and the Panama Canal.

104-night Round

World Cruise

Roundtrip from Sydney | Sea Princess® Departs 15 May 2016

Round trip from Sydney, Auckland and Fremantle,

and embarkation/disembarkation from Brisbane, Melbourne

and Adelaide also available.

Circle Pacific Cruise 2016

Returning after 4 years, the 75-night Circle Pacific onboard Sun Princess® will take you to Asia, North America and the South Pacific.

• Across Asia, you can visit Kota Kinabalu, Hong Kong, Tianjin, Hakodate and more.
  • 5 unique Alaska ports, the equivalent
    of a 7-night Alaskan voyage.
  • Visits to Hawaii and French Polynesia.
  • Overnight stays in Shanghai
    and San Francisco.

75-night Circle

Pacific Cruise

Roundtrip from Sydney | Sun Princess® Departs 21 June 2016

Shorter segments for World Cruise and Circle Pacific also available.

More info coming soon.

On sale 8:00am AEDT Thursday 16 October 2014

http://au-content.em.sdlproducts.com/Carnival_Australia/?3zclaW238w0MwASU0GXtyhR1MHUCTxbD3

Also as mentioned on another thread. Sea Princess is doing the Cherry Blossum leaving in February sometime as well. It goes on sale same day.

Edited by icat2000

Ohh 75 days. Much easier to get the time off work:D.

Now I only have to wait until the 18th to see if we can afford it;).

Thanks Icat for posting the information as I haven't received the e-mail yet. We will see if I do.

Karryl

Oh Sarah, which one are you going on? I've always wanted to do the Pacific "circle". This itinerary sounds pretty good, can't wait for more detail.

Steve.

Well I want the 75 day Pacific circle cruise. However, its probably too much money and too many days away.

I have got a cabin on the 35 day South Pacific cruise in April 2016 but I might swap over to the Cherry Blossum 42 day cruise. I'm on the Dawn Princess on 20 October so I see what the the deal is then.

2016 is still a way off yet I guess. But I remember the Grand Pacific cruise from recent past as sounding really good with a great variety of ports, including Russia and Alaska. I guess I can wait a while, maybe!

Steve.

The itineraries are always good but I would never ever book a world cruise on a ship like the Sea Princess, Sun Princess or even Dawn Princess for that matter. I have been on the ships and enjoy them for short cruises but in my opinion they are totally unsuitable for long voyages.

I don't know when Princess will get the message and start sending their better ships on World Cruises. How about something like the Coral Princess or Island Princess.

I have done plenty of World Cruise either sectors and two compete half world cruises. I know what a good cruise is like. Unfortunately I see a lot of great itineraries coming from Princess but its always the same old ships that I would never do a world cruise on.

The itineraries are always good but I would never ever book a world cruise on a ship like the Sea Princess, Sun Princess or even Dawn Princess for that matter. I have been on the ships and enjoy them for short cruises but in my opinion they are totally unsuitable for long voyages.

I don't know when Princess will get the message and start sending their better ships on World Cruises. How about something like the Coral Princess or Island Princess.

I have done plenty of World Cruise either sectors and two compete half world cruises. I know what a good cruise is like. Unfortunately I see a lot of great itineraries coming from Princess but its always the same old ships that I would never do a world cruise on.

For a World Cruise starting and ending in Australia it is better logistically for Princess to use one of the ships that is based here, rather than relocate one from somewhere else and then have to relocate it back after the WC. I have done a half-world on one of our local Princess ships and had no complaints about the ship.

After around 50 cruises, I also know what a good cruise is like. You are not the only one.:) We have cruised on larger and fancier ships, but I don't feel they were any better.

Well they must sell well otherwise Princess wouldn't keep assigning the same ships.

Well they must sell well otherwise Princess wouldn't keep assigning the same ships.

Yes, they do.

Perhaps if they do would cruises that start and finish in the US on their ships, but then all the Aussies and Brits would need to fly there and back as the US cruisers tend to not do the longer cruises.:D

For a World Cruise starting and ending in Australia it is better logistically for Princess to use one of the ships that is based here, rather than relocate one from somewhere else and then have to relocate it back after the WC. I have done a half-world on one of our local Princess ships and had no complaints about the ship.

After around 50 cruises, I also know what a good cruise is like. You are not the only one.:) We have cruised on larger and fancier ships, but I don't feel they were any better.

For me a World Cruise the ship is the make or break part of the deal. In the case of the Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess it is a deal breaker. I only pick ships that suit my lifestyle and know what I can enjoy.

My first half world cruise was back in 2002 on Aurora for 49 nights. That was my very first cruise. No complaints at all. The ship was outstanding and only on its 2nd World Cruise at that time. It was only 2 years old as well. The ship had an ideal size, it had heated pools (Sadly Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess don't), it had a covered pool (again the Sun class does not), despite being exactly the same size ship dimensionally length and width the Aurora has a much larger theatre, a much larger show lounge and a better appointed ship with internal lounges and bars.

The longest cruises I have done are:

49 nights on Aurora

40 nights on Oriana

31 nights on Arcadia

31 nights on Golden Princess

I have also done short cruses as well ranging from 2 nights to 18 nights taking on average two lots of 2 week cruises per year with the exception of the above.

I have sailed on Sun Princess and Dawn Princess for short cruises only and could not fault them. Sadly for a lengthy cruise that involves a sea going lifestyle of up to 7 days straight at sea the Sun class lack the facilities and comfort that the ship above offer that I have chosen to do lengthy cruises on.

I like to do my research and study the ship well, I look at its layout, the size of public rooms, the facilities on offer and the passenger space ratio. I take all of those into account.

When I have done my research I have a list of ships I would do long cruises on, I have a list of ships I would do short cruises on and I have a list of ships I would never sail on at all.

Personally I think the only reason Princess can sell world cruises on those ships is because of the Sydney to Sydney factor. No other ship has done that for a world cruise.

I know Princess world cruises are popular from Australia and I personally cant wait for the Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess to depart out shores to make way for a ship I would do a world cruise on from Sydney.

We would love to do the Circle Pacific cruise but I'm a bit put off by going on a long cruise on one of the Sun class ships. We've done two long cruises, both 51 days, one on Arcadia and one on the small Ocean Princess and both were fabulous. We've also done shorter 14 day cruises on Sun and Dawn Princess and enjoyed them but we prefer the other ships we have been on.

However we have friends who love Dawn Princess and didn't like Arcadia so it's just as well there are different ships appealing to different tastes :D

There is a big appeal in sailing to and from Australia though and the itinerary is fantastic. We had planned on doing another half world on either Arcadia or Aurora in 2016 but may change our minds depending on the pricing :eek:

We will certainly keep this one in mind though.

We would love to do the Circle Pacific cruise but I'm a bit put off by going on a long cruise on one of the Sun class ships. We've done two long cruises, both 51 days, one on Arcadia and one on the small Ocean Princess and both were fabulous. We've also done shorter 14 day cruises on Sun and Dawn Princess and enjoyed them but we prefer the other ships we have been on.

However we have friends who love Dawn Princess and didn't like Arcadia so it's just as well there are different ships appealing to different tastes :D

There is a big appeal in sailing to and from Australia though and the itinerary is fantastic. We had planned on doing another half world on either Arcadia or Aurora in 2016 but may change our minds depending on the pricing :eek:

We will certainly keep this one in mind though.

Now Di..... Never say never as there maybe some cruising buddies that will be on there...... Just waiting and seeing how things go.....

We have been on the dawn for 104 days .... Then another 90 days..... 75 days wouldn't think twice about it if the itinerary is what we wanted ..... And yep this one is looking pretty good !!!

Sorry for any Grammar or spelling error this is Sent from my iPad

Ooh that 75 day Circle Pacific looks good. Would love to do Alaska but as we can't fly it's hard, this cruise ticks so many boxes for us, the two questions are 11 weeks off work and $$$, one or the other is OK but both at once can be a problem.

As for the ship, the World cruise from USA this year is on Pacific Princess [which is my favorite ship]. think that the reason they don't use the 3000+ ships is simply because they can't fill them for a World cruise from any port.

I think I could probably wing the time off work. Its the price of the cruise as a solo even in the cheapest cabin that might be too much for me. Probably be like what 20k?

They want $21K each for a balcony. So at least $50k for us both, that's doable but us both getting 11 weeks off at the same time might not be. Whilst my bride loves her job, and the money is nice, some days I just can't wait till she retires [but as her pay is cruise money maybe I can].

Funny what different people like or don't like in ships. We are about to go on Sea Princess for two weeks - so looking forward to seeing if she would be suitable (to us) for a WC. We have done a half on Oriana ( which we liked) and a half on Arcadia (which we did not like)

Things we didn't like about Arcadia were that it is a Vista Class , my most vivid memory of 42 days on her was always waiting for lifts!! to go anywhere:) - and DIDN'T like her covered pool area -- hot, steamy like a sauna and smelt of pool chemicals ( or something:) )

Barry

They want $21K each for a balcony. So at least $50k for us both, that's doable but us both getting 11 weeks off at the same time might not be. Whilst my bride loves her job, and the money is nice, some days I just can't wait till she retires [but as her pay is cruise money maybe I can].

I just go cheapest broom closet. So I'm going to go inside IF cat if the pricing is reasonable.