Corkage Fee Changes?

Thanks! I see that you were just on Enchantment. That's were I'll be in a month. I'm assuming you bought wine on board? Do you just bring the bottle to the MDR or have you also had a glass with you in other venues?

We just bring it to the MDR and the assistant waiter puts it on ice, serves it, and any left over :rolleyes: is marked and served the next night.

We have never carried wine onboard but plan to do so on our upcoming Freedom cruse. For those that bring your bottle of wine into the MDR, do you just...carry...it from your cabin to the MDR and then set it on the table? I don't want to embarrass my tablemates by doing something improper. :)

We have never carried wine onboard but plan to do so on our upcoming Freedom cruse. For those that bring your bottle of wine into the MDR, do you just...carry...it from your cabin to the MDR and then set it on the table? I don't want to embarrass my tablemates by doing something improper. :)

Yes, that's all you have to do. The wait staff will open the bottle and pour.

Edited by clarea

A travel agent has just posted the following to RCI's facebook page:

"BREAKING CRUISE NEWS:

Royal Caribbean International Policy Change

Effective immediately guests wishing to bring personal wine or champagne onboard with them on embarkation day may do so, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750ml each per stateroom. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle will NO LONGER be subject to the corkage fee of $25.00."

Sounds great if true!

Would be real nice if true.

Honestly, most of you are "Wine Snobs"! Can't imagine ever bringing a bottle of wine into a Restaurant on sea or on land. In fact, in some states it's not allowed to bring in your own Wine.

This sure is a "Wine" thread!

Seriously?? :confused:

Well I for one am not a wine 'snob' but I can buy a bottle of wine or Champagne for between a quarter and a third of the price RC charge so why would I not bring a bottle of my preferred wine onboard, particularly since they will most likely not stock my favourite wine. And for your information there are many places (particularly in Australia) where it's the norm to take a bottle of your preferred wine into a restaurant. Not everywhere is the same as Wisconsin ;)

Edited by Bobal

Honestly, most of you are "Wine Snobs"! Can't imagine ever bringing a bottle of wine into a Restaurant on sea or on land. In fact, in some states it's not allowed to bring in your own Wine.

Royal Caribbean invites it's cruisers to bring on 2 bottles of your choice. Why is that being a wine snob?

Seriously?? :confused:

Well I for one am not a wine 'snob' but I can buy a bottle of wine or Champagne for between a quarter and a third of the price RC charge so why would I not bring a bottle of my preferred wine onboard, particularly since they will most likely not stock my favourite wine. And for your information there are many places (particularly in Australia) where it's the norm to take a bottle of your preferred wine into a restaurant. Not everywhere is the same as Wisconsin ;)

Do you also bring in your own Beer, Coffee, Soda, Tea, Alcohol, etc......???

Yes. a lot of "Wine Snobs" out there...............

In fact, in some states it's not allowed to bring in your own Wine.

While in other states its perfectly fine and legal! If it was taboo to bring in a personal bottle of wine to a restaurant, then I don't think restaurants would post their corkage fee on the menu on their website as most of them do. Here in California, many restaurants offer special "no corkage" fee on certain nights of the week (typically slower midweek nights). One restaurant in San Francisco (Hillstone) states right on their front door "no corkage fee".

Edited by BEAV

While in other states its perfectly fine and legal! If it was taboo to bring in a personal bottle of wine to a restaurant, then I don't think restaurants would post their corkage fee on the menu on their website as most of them do. Here in California, many restaurants offer special "no corkage" fee on certain nights of the week (typically slower midweek nights). One restaurant in San Francisco (Hillstone) states right on their front door "no corkage fee".

Don't you find it odd that some States/Restaurants allow you to bring in your Wine and others do not??

Like I said earlier why not bring in other items other than Wine?

Yes, the box of Franzia on my counter screams "wine snob"! :p I recall reading somewhere on Royal's website that boxes of wine are not allowed to be brought onboard, it must be 750ml bottles. So I will bring bottles...for the same price that I would pay to buy the cheapest bottle in the dining room (probably about $30 for a bottle that would cost $8 at Costco?), I could bring onboard a bottle of wine way better than what I ever buy at home! And, yes, it is "done" in Wisconsin, even.

[quote name='DarcyAustin']Yes, the box of Franzia on my counter screams "wine snob"! :p I recall reading somewhere on Royal's website that boxes of wine are not allowed to be brought onboard, it must be 750ml bottles. So I will bring bottles...for the same price that I would pay to buy the cheapest bottle in the dining room (probably about $30 for a bottle that would cost $8 at Costco?), I could bring onboard a bottle of wine way better than what I ever buy at home! And, yes, it is "done" in Wisconsin, even.[/QUOTE]

Nope, can't bring a Bottle of Wine into a Restaurant in Wisconsin. The Restaurant will lose their Wine, Beer or Liquor License. Actually, kind of an odd law considering how much Alcohol/Wine/Beer is consumed in Wisconsin.

[quote name='swedish1']Don't you find it odd that some States/Restaurants allow you to bring in your Wine and others do not??
[/QUOTE]

Not really, when you consider buying wine over the Internet can only be shipped to certain states and others not at all.

Are you suggesting that because you can't bring wine into a restaurant in all 50 states that it should be outlawed altogether? How do you reconcile some states allowing legal gambling while others don't? Legal same-sex marriage in some while others don't? Alcohol available 24/7/365 in Nevada, but sales illegal in North Carolina before Noon on Sunday?

[quote name='swedish1']Like I said earlier why not bring in other items other than Wine?[/quote]

Because I want to enjoy a certain bottle of wine that the restaurant doesn't offer. Edited by BEAV

[quote name='BEAV']Not really, when you consider buying wine over the Internet can only be shipped to certain states and others not at all.

Are you suggesting that because you can't bring wine into a restaurant in all 50 states that it should be outlawed altogether? How do you reconcile some states allowing legal gambling while others don't? Legal same-sex marriage in some while others don't? Alcohol available 24/7/365 in Nevada, but sales illegal in North Carolina before Noon on Sunday?

Not at all.

Because I want to enjoy a certain bottle of wine that the restaurant doesn't offer.[/QUOTE]

Most of us have Favorite Coffee Brands, etc..... and we don't ask the Restaurant if we can bring those in??
More on this later as I'm out the door to order a Bottle of Wine with Dinner at a Restaurant. Nope, I won't be bringing my own Bottle from home.
Actually, Love this Discussion.

[quote name='swedish1']
More on this later as I'm out the door to order a Bottle of Wine with Dinner at a Restaurant. Nope, I won't be bringing my own Bottle from home.
[/QUOTE]

Cheers and enjoy that wine with Saturday night dinner. :)

[quote name='swedish1']
Nope, can't bring a Bottle of Wine into a Restaurant in Wisconsin.[/quote]

Dang, that Scott Walker! :eek:

[quote name='swedish1']Honestly, most of you are "Wine Snobs"! Can't imagine ever bringing a bottle of wine into a Restaurant on sea or on land. In fact, in some states it's not allowed to bring in your own Wine.
This sure is a "Wine" thread![/QUOTE]

What type of wine do you drink with your cheese curds?

[quote name='swedish1']Nope, can't bring a Bottle of Wine into a Restaurant in Wisconsin. The Restaurant will lose their Wine, Beer or Liquor License. Actually, kind of an odd law considering how much Alcohol/Wine/Beer is consumed in Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

Yep, if I had to live in Wisconsin, I'd drink a lot as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='BEAV']Not really, when you consider buying wine over the Internet can only be shipped to certain states and others not at all.

Because I want to enjoy a certain bottle of wine that the restaurant doesn't offer.[/QUOTE]

sâme here

[quote name='swedish1']Nope, can't bring a Bottle of Wine into a Restaurant in Wisconsin. The Restaurant will lose their Wine, Beer or Liquor License. Actually, kind of an odd law considering how much Alcohol/Wine/Beer is consumed in Wisconsin.[/quote]

No idea what the laws are in Wisconsin, but in Ohio, there is a specific type of liquor license that allows alcohol in restaurants but only as BYOB. So, this it varies broadly place to place. Like others have said, I always take advantage of bringing your own bottle on the cruise ships because while I don't mind drinking an $8 bottle of wine, I do mind paying $30 for it.

Any chance of getting back to the original topic of this thread?? Is anyone aware of an official announcement by RC regarding the corkage fee? Just looking for information - not editorial comments on my wine, coffee, tea, beer, gin, bourbon, pillow, or toilet paper preferences.