Corkage Fee Changes?

[quote name='Janet524']Any chance of getting back to the original topic of this thread?? Is anyone aware of an official announcement by RC regarding the corkage fee? Just looking for information - not editorial comments on my wine, coffee, tea, beer, gin, bourbon, pillow, or toilet paper preferences.[/quote]
Nothing beyond the report in the blog. Website still has the $25 fee mentioned, but I would not put a lot of stock in the website. They just recently removed the FAQ that said all guests in a stateroom must purchase beverage packages.

:)[quote name='janet524']any chance of getting back to the original topic of this thread?? Is anyone aware of an official announcement by rc regarding the corkage fee? Just looking for information - not editorial comments on my wine, coffee, tea, beer, gin, bourbon, pillow, or toilet paper preferences.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='Janet524']Any chance of getting back to the original topic of this thread?? Is anyone aware of an official announcement by RC regarding the corkage fee? Just looking for information - not editorial comments on my wine, coffee, tea, beer, gin, bourbon, pillow, or toilet paper preferences.[/QUOTE]

You are obviously in the wrong place. :rolleyes: Here's a thought call C&A

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='swedish1']Nope, can't bring a Bottle of Wine into a Restaurant in Wisconsin. The Restaurant will lose their Wine, Beer or Liquor License. Actually, kind of an odd law considering how much Alcohol/Wine/Beer is consumed in Wisconsin.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I concede that you are correct - it is not legal, even in a place without a liquor license. But it is not strictly enforced, especially for special occasions.

[quote name='Janet524']Any chance of getting back to the original topic of this thread?? Is anyone aware of an official announcement by RC regarding the corkage fee? Just looking for information - not editorial comments on my wine, coffee, tea, beer, gin, bourbon, pillow, or toilet paper preferences.[/QUOTE]

There's no official word from Royal Caribbean why the policy changed but it has apparently been confirmed via Royal Caribbean's official Facebook page. Although I can't seem to find it :confused: Edited by icsys

[quote name='icsys']There's no official word from Royal Caribbean why the policy changed but it has apparently been confirmed via Royal Caribbean's official Facebook page. Although I can't seem to find it :confused:[/QUOTE]

I asked @royalcaribbean this morning and just received a reply confirming that the corkage fee has been dropped.

Agree with you thanks for bringing us back.

[quote name='Folk Singer']Ken

Thank you for asking and the confirmation. Hope you and yours had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Don[/QUOTE]

Did I miss thanksgiving, I thought it was next month. :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes ours is today! It is always the 2nd Mon. in Oct. Time we typically close our cottages ( which I did)! Had a wonderful turkey dinner last night.

I have been charged corkage fee of $25 nearly every time ( but once) because I buy wine off the ship and take it onboard, Anything from your travel agent is bought on board and that is exempt from fee. I hope the fee has been removed as we will take our favourite wine onboard from now on!

For those who have brought on bottles, how closely do they check the bottles when you board. I'm a huge beer snob and was thinking of bringing a couple goose island sours onboard. They are 750 ml wine bottles and the labels could pass for wine labels but in small print they say Belgian style ale. Just wondering if you think they would sneak by.

[quote name='DevilDog0331']For those who have brought on bottles, how closely do they check the bottles when you board. I'm a huge beer snob and was thinking of bringing a couple goose island sours onboard. They are 750 ml wine bottles and the labels could pass for wine labels but in small print they say Belgian style ale. Just wondering if you think they would sneak by.[/QUOTE]

Generally if they are in a wine bottle and look like wine I think you should be OK. With all the people bringing on bottles of wine I doubt whether they have the time to scrutinise every one.