I wonder if Princess will ever do these things?

Dreamer333

Looking at this link enforces my belief that it would not work for me. I saw no vegetarian entrée - only sides. That would leave me rather hungry. Not ideal for a meal on vacation.

P&J

On all the sample menus there is a paragraph that states gluten free, lactose free and vegetarian options are available. I doubt vegetarians would hungry on RCL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the RCCL web site says:

Q: Do I have to make reservations prior to the cruise, or will I be able to make reservations once onboard?

A: In order to satisfy all guests’ preferences, we encourage guests to make restaurant reservations prior to their cruise. However, once onboard, guests will have the ability to make and edit reservations.

Q: Are reservations made on a first come, first serve basis?

A: Yes, once a restaurant is full, an alternative restaurant recommendation will be made. We encourage guests to experience a different restaurant each night.

Which, seems to me, means if you don't make reservations you will have a long wait.

Only if you had included "my comments in red"

Who doesn't know his comments would be in red! Oops, you. Get over it.

Personally I think we need smaller ships not bigger ones, the big ships just cause problems they take forever to load and unload in the ports, many ports are instantly flooded with tourist when the big ships show up, and it takes forever to get from point to point onboard, the next thing you know they will come with a shuttle tram to get from one end to the other. I can see it now an inverted monorail track hanging off the Lido deck with 4 stops fore and aft on port and starboard.

Don't give them any ideas. Well now that I think of it maybe that's the reason they are fazing out the Promenade decks on these new ships.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On all the sample menus there is a paragraph that states gluten free, lactose free and vegetarian options are available. I doubt vegetarians would hungry on RCL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key word here is that these are SAMPLE menus. The actual menus may be even more extensive. Until the ship is in operation and actual menus are posted its really difficult to determine if there will be enough choice or not.

I'm good with traditional or anytime dining, just wish I could reserve my specialty restaurants in advance online from home. I can't imagine anyone would think of walking up to a popular or iconic restaurant in a major city without a reservation.

While they are at it, go ahead and allow online reservations for the Sanctuary, Enclave and Retreat cabanas.

I'm not too old, or young, but I love being able to do things online. By myself, without a travel agent (51 btw).

And the article posted doesn't specify whether these new restaurants are included with the fare or have a cost.

On the Quantum: "Royal Caribbean's Quantum class ships will now offer passengers 18 restaurants to choose from, (7 of which will be fee-free for all guests), four full-service and three casual eateries."

The fee-free ones include the hot dog stand, the buffet, and their IC equivalent.

Of the four full-service fee-free restaurants, one will be formal every evening. This leaves three venues, each with its own fixed menu, for those who like restaurant dining without having a formal evening.

There will be 11 eating venues with a surcharge.

To me it seems that RCCL is hoping many passengers want to pay hundreds of $$ a week to eat in the specialty restaurants in order to avoid the fixed menus in the fee-free dining rooms.

With a ship that big, it's less and less like a cruise.

Thanks for posting, but it doesn't interest me.

Ditto! :eek: Ugh!

With a ship that big, it's less and less like a cruise.

Thanks for posting, but it doesn't interest me.

Ditto! :eek: Ugh!

Can I join your club.

Personally I think we need smaller ships not bigger ones, the big ships just cause problems they take forever to load and unload in the ports, many ports are instantly flooded with tourist when the big ships show up, and it takes forever to get from point to point onboard, the next thing you know they will come with a shuttle tram to get from one end to the other. I can see it now an inverted monorail track hanging off the Lido deck with 4 stops fore and aft on port and starboard.

yes Yes YES.

More small ships, better port choice, better opportunity to meet fellow cruisers, better opportunity to get to know staff and crew, faster embark and disembark, not feel like you are at the mall.

I've been thinking about this, dangerous I know.

I actually think it might be a good idea if Princess do go with this.

See it might be just what I need to break my addiction.

Edited by GUT2407

yes Yes YES.

More small ships, better port choice, better opportunity to meet fellow cruisers, better opportunity to get to know staff and crew, faster embark and disembark, not feel like you are at the mall.

But reality is it's never going to happen on Princess. Want small ships? you're going to have to change lines once the two small ones are sold off.