New benefit when buying Beverage Package

terry&mike

Here is a new benefit being offered when one purchases a Beverage Package:

"Guests purchasing either beverage package will receive a 20% discount on any of our exclusive wine-pairing dinners in La Reserve on board Marina and Riviera."

"Guests purchasing either beverage package will receive a 20% discount on any of our exclusive wine-pairing dinners in La Reserve on board Marina and Riviera."

Sounds like reservations must be off and they need the boost?

It makes sense since you will not be using the beverage package much that night with all the wine in La Reserve.

I wonder if it is retroactive, in that we've already booked 2 La Reserve dinners for our SYD - AKL cruise in February and will most likely purchase the package once onboard with so many sea days and all... I'll call tomorrow and inquire and let you all know.

Where did the quote come from? If it's on the web page, can you give a link?

Where did the quote come from? If it's on the web page, can you give a link?

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

This is new to us as well! And greatly appreciated. I'll call my TA in the morning and find out what's up for retroactively applying this - we have some expensive dinners in La Reserve on our upcoming cruise :)

Edited by corpkid

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

This is new to us as well! And greatly appreciated. I'll call my TA in the morning and find out what's up for retroactively applying this - we have some expensive dinners in La Reserve on our upcoming cruise :)

Sorry to be such an idiot, but I don't see the quoted sentence at that link. I tried clearing my history to make sure I'm getting the most recent version, but I don't see where that page makes that statement. Is it at the top, at the bottom, or where?

It's in the very first words / paragraph right below the overly-happy folks picture on the top. LOL

The Perfect Libation for Every Occassion

Designed to enhance your onboard culinary experience, these beverage packages offer both convenience and value.

Of course, Oceania Cruises guests always enjoy unlimited complimentary soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees, teas and juices on every sailing. Guests purchasing either beverage package will receive a 20% discount on any of our exclusive wine-pairing dinners in La Reserve on board Marina and Riviera.

It's in the very first words / paragraph right below the overly-happy folks picture on the top. LOL

The Perfect Libation for Every Occassion

Designed to enhance your onboard culinary experience, these beverage packages offer both convenience and value.

Of course, Oceania Cruises guests always enjoy unlimited complimentary soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees, teas and juices on every sailing. Guests purchasing either beverage package will receive a 20% discount on any of our exclusive wine-pairing dinners in La Reserve on board Marina and Riviera.

As Spock would say, "Fascinating." Mine does not say that, but we are in Turkey right now, so we may be getting a different version. Thanks.

the next question I was going to ask is where in the world are you? I work in IT here in the "fabulous" state of Florida....., specifically with web stuff and this doesn't surprise me one bit. It's very easy to localize website content. So now you know - give them a call as a US resident on vacation. :)

I wonder if it is retroactive, in that we've already booked 2 La Reserve dinners for our SYD - AKL cruise in February and will most likely purchase the package once onboard with so many sea days and all... I'll call tomorrow and inquire and let you all know.

Guests who purchase the House Select or Prestige Select Beverage Packages are entitled to a 20% savings off La Reserve by WS. The savings is applied onboard directly to their onboard account at the end of the cruise. The line item on their account will reflect a 20% DISCOUNT- LA RESERVE

Jancruz1

Now when I go that link, there is no such offer of 20% discount. It gives me a UK contact number and the prices in £....... So looks like the offer is for North American clients..(?) :confused:

It means that UK passengers who already have the Beverage Package included in the price of their cruises would not also get a further discount at La Reserve.

However, anyone who pays for the Beverage Package is entitled to the discount.

It means that UK passengers who already have the Beverage Package included in the price of their cruises would not also get a further discount at La Reserve.

However, anyone who pays for the Beverage Package is entitled to the discount.

The Beverage package was not included in our cruise. Even when I check on our 'already booked' page, there is no mention of the 20% discount, even if booking the drinks package separately.

Edited by turnip eater

I purchased both a reservation at La Reserve and the beverage package months ago (I had heard the beverage package was going to increase, and I wanted to lock in the price). My TA confirmed today that I will nevertheless get the 20% discount!:D

I am in Switzerland and Oceania thinks I use Euros - and when I followed the link posted above it did have the bit about the 20% discount at la Réserve. With a € price for the packages. We are taking the Premium package so perhaps I will think again about booking la Réserve! 20% off makes it more reasonable...

Got the same message from Oceania, the credit will be applied at the end of the cruise. So our package included prepaid gratuities, so if we don't charge anything else, what happens to the credit? Guess we might have to do an O tour to use up the credit?

Got the same message from Oceania, the credit will be applied at the end of the cruise. So our package included prepaid gratuities, so if we don't charge anything else, what happens to the credit? Guess we might have to do an O tour to use up the credit?

That is a good question. We also have prepaid gratuities and internet and do not take tours through Oceania. Also wondering if, once onboard, we could use OBC's to pay for Le Reserve and receive a refund what we have paid??

Take a cooking lesson. Go to the spa. If you drink, buy a really nice bottle of wine. I can't imagine you'll have any difficulty. At least I wouldn't!:o

• 1 month later...
My TA said that any portion of the OSC he gave us that was unused would be a credit to our booking, thereby lowering the bottom line resulting in a refund. Is he correct?

If the credit came about as a result of cash paid by your Agent to the Cruise Line, then any unused portion would be refundable to you at the end of the cruise; if the credit is the result of an Oceania promotion, then it is not.

Getting to know so much because of all of you regular, experienced posters. Our TA is contributing $1350 cash for OSC plus paid gratuities and travel insurance. Saved us a few thousand on cruise and some on our own air.

We are going to be in Deck 12 O Suite. I'd love the veranda layout but I like the rest of the Deck 12 layout better.