Re doing Same 4 day Majesty cruise???

It has been nearly 5 years since we sailed on Majesty of the Seas for the 4 day Bahamas - Key West- CocoCay cruise. It was our first and so far only cruise. We enjoyed it and have often encouraged friends to take what we felt was the ideal 'beginner's cruise." The only thing missing was a day at sea.

Now some friends of ours have taken our advice and are organizing a group to take the same cruise. We are invited...

Here is our dilemna: Do we want to take the same cruise again? As cruises go I am sure it was one of the simplest. The ship was like a floating hotel with us waking up in a new port each morning. From my recent research it appears there have been no changes to the ship or the possible excursions. It really would be a redo. Should we politely decline and plan our own 'new' cruise... possibly Cozumel? Or should we bite the bullet and act as a tour guide for our friends? Unfortunately for us redoing the same experiences.

I am interested in what members have to say...

Waste of time to redo such a simple cruise?

Would we enjoy the cruise experience less redoing it?

Are there new things to do on CocoCay or Nassau?

Would we feel pressured 'leading' a cruise for friends???

We have nearly always traveled (be it stateside or Europe) as a couple where plans were our own and could be changed as we went along. I absolutely would have a travel agent handle all the bookings & money. No way do I want to be responsible for deadlines, etc.

Has anyone been in a similar spot???

Redo the same cruise with friends? Book a separate cruise for 2?

Thanks.:confused:

Do it

We've been on that cruise several times and enjoyed every time. We actually did what you are doing several years ago - after one or two of our own trips on that cruise, convinced friends and family to do it as, like you said, a "beginner" cruise. We all had a blast. It can also be fun being a bit of a tour guide - being that experienced guy (or gal) who's been there and done that.

My suggestion - redo with friends HOWEVER, set some guidelines up front. When we sail with others - we all agree that if we want to do things together, we do.... and if we don't, we don't. We used to always meet for dinner, but every now and then a couple or two wants to go to a specialty restaurant and the others don't - NO PROBLEM!

I have found that even new cruisers think they "know it all" and often don't want advice from one who has cruised before. No pressure for you to lead anything.

As for the money - If you have enough cabins to get a group discount, book with the same agent. If not, just let everyone book with their travel agent of choice, and link the reservations for dining.

Many who cruise often will take the same ship and itinerary over and over. There is always something new to do or see. If there was something you really liked on the last cruise - do it again.

ENJOY

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I guess I'm the minority.. I say politely decline, explaining you two already have your hearts set on another venue. Offer them some tips and advice on excursions or shows etc, wish them a fantastic time, and then enjoy planning your next trip.

We do the same weekend cruise to the bahamas at least twice a year, and each one is a different experience. IMHO, a cruise is what you make of it, Ports and excursions may add to the experience, but the true experience is the cruise itself - GO :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For those that have done the Majesty cruise lately...

What would be 'new' or 'improved' on the cruise?

We did basic tourist tour of Key West... train, Mile 0, Truman, etc?

In Nassau we did self tour of Atlantis but that would be something we would likely want to change for a redo... Absolute must for first time visit but not on our redo list. What other activities would be a good choice for 2nd visit to Nassau. Straw market was a bust. Senor Frogs not our speed. Not interested in dolphin or stingray swim. Other suggestions????

CocoCay would be a short visit then return to ship for us. At least one couple in the group would likely love CocoCay for its water activities. But the other couples would probably be happy with the mini visit.

Go for it! I did the Majesty 4 night for my first cruise, and revisited that itinerary again 5 years later. One thing that has changed are the menus in the MDR. Another change is the carpeting is gone from the pool deck.

Don't think of it as a Redo. Think of it as a New Adventure... with Friends.

Ask what they'd like to do in Nassau and Key West and plan from there.

My DH and actually just did the same thing. We repeated our first cruise on Majesty. I can't really say there was anything new, but we're not really big on excursions. In Nassau, we walk down to the fish market restaurants & have lunch. In Coco Cay its just beautiful to have a peaceful beach day. And Key West is the same as always. Nothing wrong with it, but just not anything special in my opinion.

With all of that said, we still had a wonderful relaxing time.

But this was our 5th time, overall to Nassau, so we are definitely ready for a new spot.

We just booked Brilliance to Cayman Islands and Cozumel.

I hope you have a great time no matter what you decide.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Living in Tampa and cruising often, we have done multiple cruises on Majesty, Monarch, Jewel and now Enchantment. With each repeat, we do something different. Could be as simple as not eating in the Windjammer the entire cruise to booking a new level of cabin, to trying different types of excursions.

In Nassau, we enjoyed the horse and buggy ride to Queen's Stairway, explored the fort, then walked downtown for shopping and drinks. Another time, hired a guide for a walking tour. Also have spent the day at the British Colonial Hilton pool and beach, after getting a manicure in their salon. And have done Atlantis many times. There is plenty to do without the cruise feeling like a redo.