Tip for beer drinkers

jb456

Other cruise companies do craft beers but not a huge selection.;)

On the Dawn Princess last year we very much enjoyed the VB on draft as well as the Cascade Premium Light (for those "feeling too full" days). That was a treat. Spoiled us for our subsequent cruising.

If your a Bud drinker and not buying a drink package here is a little tip. They have a promo bucket of 16oz bottles buy 4 and get the 5th free.. Comes to $26.45 a bucket total with gratuities.

It sounds like a good deal but it's actually not.

During the day they have happy hour at different bars. Buy 1 get 1. The info of what time and at what bar is on the daily platters.

Stock up on your booze during happy hour. Buy 3 total $19.83 and you get 3 free.

It is $6.62 cheaper then a bucket and you get 6 beers instead of 5.

Enjoy the drinking I did :)

Thanks so much for posting this!! I have never seen this on the patter, but I will certainly be looking for it during our next cruise!

On the Dawn Princess last year we very much enjoyed the VB on draft as well as the Cascade Premium Light (for those "feeling too full" days). That was a treat. Spoiled us for our subsequent cruising.

Neither are craft beers but both are drinkable. When I drink Light beer, I prefer Cascade over others. VB is more of a last choice for me as I prefer other beers like Carlton Draught, James Boags, or even Crown lager. Imports like Stella or Heineken are good too. When not cruising, anything local on tap is good, a pale ale or similar.:D

Neither are craft beers but both are drinkable. When I drink Light beer, I prefer Cascade over others. VB is more of a last choice for me as I prefer other beers like Carlton Draught, James Boags, or even Crown lager. Imports like Stella or Heineken are good too. When not cruising, anything local on tap is good, a pale ale or similar.:D

Ah yes, Carlton Draught with a big ol' horse on the tap handle. Didn't get that on the ship but first had it in Darwin. Loved it. Went on a beer tour in that city later in the day. Loved the beers from Little Creatures.

I hope it is on all ships and cruises now, it certainly wasn't on the Diamond in 2012.

We were on the CB Sept. 20--Sept 29 th. BOGO beverage was advertised in the patter everyday. Explorer 3--4 pm Skywalkers 11---12pm. This was our 10th. Princess cruise. First time we noticed this. Another poster mentioned this was the way it always was but never posted in the patter.

Ciao

Ollie

I'm hoping that the new Princess beer might actually be drinkable. So far, my wife and I haven't seen a beer on a Princess ship that we are willing to pay for. We're kind of "beer snobs" and just can't see paying for swill beer.

Now the BOGO deal sounds pretty good to me but not for beer (unless the new stuff Princess is supposed to start carrying turns out to be a decent "real" beer). BOGO drinks that are either straight shots or mixed drinks do sound pretty interesting though. A double bourbon for the price of a single definitely piques my interest. ;)

Craft beers have been ignored for too long.....

Bob

Well, looks like that might change next year with Seawitch West Coast IPA with others to follow...

"SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (September 15, 2014) – Princess Cruises is pouring a new craft beer to toast its upcoming 50th anniversary. The “Seawitch” West Coast IPA beer – playfully named for the company’s iconic logo – was developed exclusively for Princess Cruises, in partnership with award-winning Strike Brewing Company, and is the first in the line’s new series of craft beers. The brew will be introduced aboard Regal Princess when the cruise ship debuts in Florida for a season of Caribbean cruises this November."

Kind of spendy @ $6.75 but what the heck..

God made beer because He loves us and wants us to be happy :D

Edited by Merlinite

Ah yes, Carlton Draught with a big ol' horse on the tap handle. Didn't get that on the ship but first had it in Darwin. Loved it. Went on a beer tour in that city later in the day. Loved the beers from Little Creatures.

I like the Little Creatures beers as well, not always available on tap though.:D

Well, looks like that might change next year with Seawitch West Coast IPA with others to follow...

"SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (September 15, 2014) – Princess Cruises is pouring a new craft beer to toast its upcoming 50th anniversary. The “Seawitch” West Coast IPA beer – playfully named for the company’s iconic logo – was developed exclusively for Princess Cruises, in partnership with award-winning Strike Brewing Company, and is the first in the line’s new series of craft beers. The brew will be introduced aboard Regal Princess when the cruise ship debuts in Florida for a season of Caribbean cruises this November."

This is almost too much to swallow :D 2 for 1 and craft beer on board!! :eek:

We were on the CB Sept. 20--Sept 29 th. BOGO beverage was advertised in the patter everyday. Explorer 3--4 pm Skywalkers 11---12pm. This was our 10th. Princess cruise. First time we noticed this. Another poster mentioned this was the way it always was but never posted in the patter.

Ciao

Ollie

Thanks, I suppose if I don't see it advertised, I will have to go hunting then.:D

Too bad it's taking this long to roll out.

Kind of spendy @ $6.75 but what the heck..

Nice, I might start believing then.

Craft beers have been ignored for too long.....😥😥😥

Bob

Perhaps Princess should create a new position that specializes in procurring craft beers from around the country. Is there such a thing as a brew sommelier?

Now, where should I send my resume'?

Joel

We have been on 27 Princess cruises, and never has a buy 1 get 1 beer or any other alcohol special been mentioned in the Patter. If so, I would jump at it. We have just done the buckets, which also applies to Dos Equis as well and perhaps other beers.

It was in the wheel house on the Caribbean on our 10/4 cruise from 3-4 and skywalkers, I think 11-12 (or 10-11..I was asleep by then)every day that we looked. We took advantage of the 2 for 1 to try the non alcholic fun drinks. Got really crowded. Each two for one had to be the same, you couldn't get two different drinks, even if the same price.

Edited by DMRick