The GRANDE Restaurant Questions

Hello...on the Quantum ship or the other ships that will be going to dynamic dining (which I am very excited about) the Grande restaurant...does it have specific mandatory dress codes?

For those who were on the Quantum and dined here or even looked inside during dinner hours how did the people dress, did you find men wearing no jackets and women wearing dress pants...I just am curious whether the dress code is enforced and whether there is one or not.

If you've been on Royal recently, you know that they there is very little dress code enforcement unless you go take casual to the extreme. I intend to wear a suit to Grande on my cruise, but only because I am someone who doesn't like to be underdressed. And that attitude is very much a minority one.

If you've been on Royal recently, you know that they there is very little dress code enforcement unless you go take casual to the extreme. I intend to wear a suit to Grande on my cruise, but only because I am someone who doesn't like to be underdressed. And that attitude is very much a minority one.

That's true, but on other ships the dress code for formal nights is merely a suggestion while this restaurant has specifically been designated as being formal. Don't want to dress up? Simple. You have lots of other venues to choose. I've seen plenty of complaints over the years from those who want to eat in the MDR but don't want to bring formal clothing who say there should be a separate dining room for those who want to dress up. We'll, now you have it. Please respect this one last bastion of formality. Dress formally or eat elsewhere.

That's true, but on other ships the dress code for formal nights is merely a suggestion while this restaurant has specifically been designated as being formal. Don't want to dress up? Simple. You have lots of other venues to choose. I've seen plenty of complaints over the years from those who want to eat in the MDR but don't want to bring formal clothing who say there should be a separate dining room for those who want to dress up. We'll, now you have it. Please respect this one last bastion of formality. Dress formally or eat elsewhere.

OMG I agree with you but hope you don't get flamed for your post!

I'm guessing for women most anything will go and for men they will try to enforce the jacket requirement but probably let people in without a jacket if they have a tie or are otherwise making some semblance of formal. I don't see them caving completely unless demand drops significantly for the venue.

They should be enforcing it at this venue. The entire point is a formal venue from the past. If they don't enforce formal attire what is the point? With that said I doubt they will enforce it based on their track record of doing so.

i agree, the Grande is the one place that IS formal so,if you're not willing to go formal, then please have respect those that want to go to a FORMAL restaurant

ty

On the Independence of the Seas transatlantic in 2012 they were strictly enforcing the dress code and sending people away. Didn't matter the age, even kids were being sent away. It all depends on the people in charge of the venue. Since this is the formal venue the person in charge should be someone willing to enforce those rules since that is the premise of his venue.

I completely agree with you. My husband and I love formal dinners and all that goes with them including the appropriate attire. We have reservations in the Grande for two evenings and one night at the Chef's Table. The suggested attire is formal and we will abide.

It is not correct in any situation to think it is okay to wear whatever one wants whenever s/he wants. Before anyone starts in with, "It's my vacation; I can wear what I want," newsflash! It is also our vacation. RCCL has attempted to be civil and polite by making a "suggestion" as to what is expected in each of the venues. It is a subtle way of saying it really is what is expected.

Is it too much to ask, fellow Q Crew passengers, that all of us be courteous to and considerate of our fellow members who are wishing to experience a formal evening? Let's plan to abide by the 'suggested' dress codes. With 18 lounges, pubs, restaurants etc. on board where one could eat and 16 of them not 'suggesting' formal attire, exactly what would be the point of doing otherwise?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

That's true, but on other ships the dress code for formal nights is merely a suggestion while this restaurant has specifically been designated as being formal. Please respect this one last bastion of formality. Dress formally or eat elsewhere.

Exactly!!

There are at least 17 other places to eat, for those that want to be underdressed...so dont spoil it for those that want to get dolled up.

The new concept Grande Restaurant is said to require formal attire every night. I was just curious how formal attire will be defined and who will be the judge if guests are wearing an acceptable level of formal. Will there be a person at the door that checks you as you enter? It seems kind of subjective to me as to what is the proper degree of formal, though I guess blue jeans and shorts would be easy to reject.

Has anybody read a description of what is required and how strictly the requirement will be enforced?

What constitutes appropriate formal attire is clearly set forth on the website and has been for years. I sincerely hope that it is strictly enforced - not like people have nowhere else to eat if they don't feel like dressing up.

It will be interesting to see if the formal attire requirement is enforced.

I don't see formal being subjective. Any line that I've sailed on that had formal nights, the attire was tuxedos or suits for men and long dresses/gowns or cocktail dresses for ladies.

I just checked a Cruise Compass for formal night from a recent cruise and it says, tuxedos and suits and ties for men and cocktail dresses for ladies.

What constitutes appropriate formal attire is clearly set forth on the website and has been for years. I sincerely hope that it is strictly enforced - not like people have nowhere else to eat if they don't feel like dressing up.

Royal has definitely changed their descriptions of dress request for quantum. They have relaxed formal...but do now request formal for chef table whereas all other ships are smart casual. Quantum formal basically seems to be the smart casual of the past

Royal has definitely changed their descriptions of dress request for quantum. They have relaxed formal...but do now request formal for chef table whereas all other ships are smart casual. Quantum formal basically seems to be the smart casual of the past

This is a topic I'll be following before packing for our March 1 cruise. No point in bringing the suit and formal dress if no one else in Grande is wearing it. This is a place where they should enforce the dress code, or what is the point of having a special restaurant for formal attire?