Beverage packages?

Granny pants

Is the top beverage pkg on Princess worth the money?

My husband likes to have a beer by the pool,a martini at bar before dinner, a gin drink while dining, wine while dining....maybe a nightcap of scotch....

Has anyone bought this and what are your thoughts?

Generally, 8 or more drinks daily will put you ahead. 6 or fewer drinks will put you behind.

Don't forget, with the alcohol card, you also get coffee, sodas and bottled water, which may lower the above numbers.

Is the top beverage pkg on Princess worth the money?

My husband likes to have a beer by the pool,a martini at bar before dinner, a gin drink while dining, wine while dining....maybe a nightcap of scotch....

Has anyone bought this and what are your thoughts?

Unlimited beverage package is $49 + 15% = $56.35/day/pp for every day including sea days and port days. (7 day cruise = $394.45).

Approximate price of drinks including the 15% is

Beers $5 to $6

Wines $7 to $8 per glass

Cocktails and straight spirits most are under $10

Espresso w/o alcohol drinks $3

Sodas, waters $2/$3

$40% off bottles of wine up to $100

Does not apply to room service

There are some specials on beers and some happy hour prices

You'll have to do the math to determine if it is worth it for you.

We are booked on May 2nd cruise and have purchased the beverage package. We will accept the risk to meet the quota and accept the challenge!!

If you purchase a drink and don't like it, you can put it down and reorder. We just like the idea of picking up a drink whenever we want, we will be on vacation!

Edited by Boats07

I read somewhere that Princess requires you to sign the receipt for every drink, even with the beverage package. Is this true? With Celebrity one of the perks of the beverage package is not having to sign for anything. I realize it's not that big a deal, its just simpler.

I read somewhere that Princess requires you to sign the receipt for every drink, even with the beverage package. Is this true? With Celebrity one of the perks of the beverage package is not having to sign for anything. I realize it's not that big a deal, its just simpler.

We were recently on the Grand and yes, had to sign for each drink but it was zeroed out. Wish we would have kept track of the receipts to see how it worked out but we didn't.

Unlimited beverage package is $49 + 15% = $56.35/day/pp for every day including sea days and port days. (7 day cruise = $394.45).

Approximate price of drinks including the 15% is

Beers $5 to $6

Wines $7 to $8 per glass

Cocktails and straight spirits most are under $10

Espresso w/o alcohol drinks $3

Sodas, waters $2/$3

$40% off bottles of wine up to $100

Does not apply to room service

There are some specials on beers and some happy hour prices

You'll have to do the math to determine if it is worth it for you.

I have been curious about this for a while...

When you have the beverage package and you go to one of the bars during BOGO do they give you two drinks or is it still the one since you are on the plan.

Thanks!

I would think this is mostly for internal inventory control so they can track the liquor. The can't have liquor vanishing without any information showing it was actually served to a paying passenger.

I have gotten the package on the last 3 cruises. It works well for me. I know exactly how much I'm going to spend, and I order what I want, when I want it.

It includes any beverage $10 and under. Bottled water, canned soda, coffee drinks, etc. are included along with beer, wine, and spirits. All alcoholic beverages are served as single shots and you can't buy multiples unless you take 2 cards with stickers up to the bar or present them to a server. You'll also be asked to sign for each drink.

I thought I read someone's review and they mentioned this, but I might be confused. Is there a soda package that includes free mocktails and milkshakes?

Yes. It is called Unlimited Soda & More Package.

You can read about it at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp near the bottom of the page. No need to purchase in advance. Same price on the ship.

If purchasing the beverage package, would that include drinks on Princess Cay as well?

I know the unlimited soda and more doesn't count on Princess Cays (much to my dismay, I just wanted a Coke!), but not sure about the big unlimited package. I'll be interested to hear this answer.

I just got off the Golden Princess on Mon. and found the beverage package to be a good deal and very convenient.I like my bottled water,cappuccino,cocktail and a few glasses of wine maybe some days it does not add up but others definitely!! But nice not to have to think about it! If you like wine make sure to go to the wine bar they had a much larger variety than the rest of the ship. It was my favorite spot close to the atrium where there was always something going on with music and activities.

We plan to purchase the drink package on the Emerald next week. Does anyone know if it covers the drinks they stock in the fridge in your state room?

Unfortunately, no. The items in the fridge must be paid for on your shipboard account, even if you've paid for the beverage package. However…..I have consumed items from the fridge and replaced them with canned sodas or bottled water from the bar using my beverage package. No issues.

If u have the pkg and say order a beer, can you also order a bottle of water? I understand that you couldn't get two beers but I always try to drink water w my alcohol!

They'll need to ring up the bottle of water as a second beverage and you'll need to sign for them both. If you're asking for water with a drink, ask for an ice water in a glass with your drink. If you want a bottle, they'll need to ring them up separately, and you'll need to sign for them separately.

I would think this is mostly for internal inventory control so they can track the liquor. The can't have liquor vanishing without any information showing it was actually served to a paying passenger.

I agree that they must keep track of the inventory but I believe Celebrity does that by swiping the card with every drink request. I just don't understand the need for a signature. Are passengers disputing the number of drinks they have and Princess needs verification? That shouldn't be the case with an unlimited beverage package. Until I hear a valid explanation, I will still believe it's an unnecessary practice.

If purchasing the beverage package, would that include drinks on Princess Cay as well?

I know the unlimited soda and more doesn't count on Princess Cays (much to my dismay, I just wanted a Coke!), but not sure about the big unlimited package. I'll be interested to hear this answer.

Yes, it will cover any beverage on Princess Cays that does not cost more than $10.

The reason the soda package did not cover soda at Princess Cays is that it only covers soda from "soda guns", not cans, and there are only cans at Princess Cays.