New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

Any suggestions on the best way of doing a winter 20 17 booking once they are released? We were planning to book on board while there in February, but I'm liking this all-inclusive idea. I would love to combine it with the booking on board OBC.

I guess I could book with my TA as soon as the schedule is released, so that I hold my room and price. Then, if the all-inclusive continues, I could book on board. Then have my TA cancel the first reservation, assuming the pricing and perks are the same, and then move me into the room I really want.

Sounds like a hassle, so I'll need to discuss it with my TA, but might be what I need to do.

Anyone know the answer to this before I bug my TA again. Booked a June 2015 2A veranda to Europe with 123 GO for drinks and OBC in June. I thought maybe we could get some fare reduction on the CC $750 offer but my TA called and said I would have lost the two 123 GO promos that are more valuable. Now I see the Concierge promo. If I log in to my CC the price of the Concierge is the same as the 2A I paid, but the room is higher if I don't log in. If I changed to a Concierge for the new promo, would I have to use the higher amount? I like Celebrity but find that their promotions are not always fairly distributed. You have to be a detective to figure out the loopholes!

Anyone know the answer to this before I bug my TA again. Booked a June 2015 2A veranda to Europe with 123 GO for drinks and OBC in June. I thought maybe we could get some fare reduction on the CC $750 offer but my TA called and said I would have lost the two 123 GO promos that are more valuable. Now I see the Concierge promo. If I log in to my CC the price of the Concierge is the same as the 2A I paid, but the room is higher if I don't log in. If I changed to a Concierge for the new promo, would I have to use the higher amount? I like Celebrity but find that their promotions are not always fairly distributed. You have to be a detective to figure out the loopholes![/QUOT

Call you TA. If he/she gives you a problem call Celebrity and rebook cc class. Cancel booking with TA if a problem. If of course rate with celebrity better

Edited by Cruise a holic

Anyone know the answer to this before I bug my TA again. Booked a June 2015 2A veranda to Europe with 123 GO for drinks and OBC in June. I thought maybe we could get some fare reduction on the CC $750 offer but my TA called and said I would have lost the two 123 GO promos that are more valuable. Now I see the Concierge promo. If I log in to my CC the price of the Concierge is the same as the 2A I paid, but the room is higher if I don't log in. If I changed to a Concierge for the new promo, would I have to use the higher amount? I like Celebrity but find that their promotions are not always fairly distributed. You have to be a detective to figure out the loopholes!

If you log in as yourself, you are getting cheaper prices because a discount is being applied for whatever reason that applies - senior, previous cruiser-member of captains club, etc. If you ask to have the new promotion applied it look s like you will be ok based upon what you described. But I agree with previous poster, ask your TA. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.....

Guest USC Traveler

thank you for this posting. i had no idea about it.

i booked the march 25, 2016 ultimate caribbean cruise on the equinox, aqua class, my ta at an incredibly low price and got the $300 obc.

now i see the cruise fare went down by $200 for my cruise plus i can get all three packages in the 123 go promotion.

i wrote my ta this morning and asked him if he could rebook me so i can get all three packages? i also asked him if his price would go down due to the celebrity price reduction? even if he doesn't lower his price, that's ok with me but i would like to get the other two promotions. i can't wait to hear back from him. will advise here when i do.

Coincidentally, just got a phone call from Celebrity. In trying to figure out if I qualified for the new promos, I put a fake hold on the cruise I booked and then cancelled it. The agent called about this and I was able to clarify a few things. When there is a captains club fare reduction the previous promos don't apply. If a "regular" reduction occurs, then I could keep the promos. However, if I were to book a cruise on board, the 123 GO promotions apparently are always offered along with OBC. They are called Evergreen promos. IMHO this would be the way to go if I choose Celebrity again.

Thank you so much for alerting me to the new special from Celebrity. I was able to save $300 each week for a future b/t/b cruise on the Silhouette January 2016! Just made a call- of course hang on 10 minutes- but it was worth it!

It is great that people on cruise critic take care of fellow cruisers!:D

KK99 - thank you very much for alerting us to this new promo. I would not have known!! Agree with Cruise a holic that it is great that cruise critic folks take care of fellow cruisers!!

Now, for my experience. After seeing KK99's post I went to the Celebrity site to see if our Dec 2015 Reflection sailing would qualify. It appeared it did and the price had not yet increased. I contacted Captain's Club to quickly check before contacting my agent. She proceeded to tell me it did not as it only applied to European sailings. She was a bit rude and kept telling me I was not reading the fine print. I asked her to check further as I did not see a Caribbean exclusion. She returned to confirm our booking qualified. Sadly, not even a simple apology from her.

Since our booking was made onboard a previous sailing & we are Aqua, our OBC was $250 & we had the beverage package. Now added the additional $300 + Gratuities - WOW is all I can say. We do not usually luck out like this but for a change a very nice surprise. !!!

So, if anyone is initially told they do not qualify by Celebrity, challenge them if you think your booking does qualify.

Thanks again to all!!!

PS - we are in count down mode - Sailing on the Silhouette in 5 weeks!!!

In September I booked with ************ a 5 day cruise in Feb., 2015 and had received the 123 classic drink package & a $50. ob credit. I just called them after reading this post & they happily switched me over to the new promotion without having to cancel & re book. Thanks kk99 for the post :)

Guest USC Traveler

GOOD NEWS!

kk99, thank you so much for this posting. i would never have known about the new promotion without your posting and consideration for all of us on cruise critic.

my travel agent wrote me back and told me he couldn't lower my fare because i'm already getting deeply discounted fare. i'm fine with that. but he also told me he got me the new promotion so now i have the drink package, gratuities and the $300 obc. wow! i can't believe it.

kk99, thank you again!

It kind of just dawned on me, what this promotion is really doing is trying to make Concierge Cabins more relevant and attractive. For a while they have been the "no man's land" between Veranda and Aqua.

Now they are a draw to folks who normally only book veranda cabins to spend a bit more and book Concierge, and get the all-in perks.

Kind of genius I say.

It kind of just dawned on me, what this promotion is really doing is trying to make Concierge Cabins more relevant and attractive. For a while they have been the "no man's land" between Veranda and Aqua.

Now they are a draw to folks who normally only book veranda cabins to spend a bit more and book Concierge, and get the all-in perks.

Kind of genius I say.

Count me suckered in. However it was only $50/pp more to go from Veranda to a Concierge Cabin on the cruise we just booked. So extra $300 OBC + free grats + beverage package -$100 = would have been silly to pass up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kind of genius I say.

Yes, with suite also getting their own perks again, the promo is filling a gap they had widened recently.:D

Kind of genius I say.[/QUOT

actually my DH and I prefer Cc to Aq if we do not book a suite. The cabin locations are better, you get extra points and perks. After a few dining experiences booking aq and dining in blu, in my opinion would rather not dine in blu and save the money and dine in specialty restaurants. My last few blu experiences were disappointing. The Persian garden also lackluster. i now only book AQ when a decent cabin is available and price around the same as cc. We like the shower in the bathroom and bottled water delivered to our statroom. The tea is horrible and canapes delivered in CC and Aqua not palatable or necessary.

Kind of genius I say.[/QUOT

actually my DH and I prefer Cc to Aq if we do not book a suite. The cabin locations are better, you get extra points and perks. After a few dining experiences booking aq and dining in blu, in my opinion would rather not dine in blu and save the money and dine in specialty restaurants. My last few blu experiences were disappointing. The Persian garden also lackluster. i now only book AQ when a decent cabin is available and price around the same as cc. We like the shower in the bathroom and bottled water delivered to our statroom. The tea is horrible and canapes delivered in CC and Aqua not palatable or necessary.

Agreed, rather go to the buffet and get some cheese and crackers if the steward will not oblige.:D

Thank you again for pointing this out!!! I was able to get the additional two perks for each of our THREE AQ cabins reserved for our family of 5 adults next year! This saved me roughly $1400!! I'm so excited. Add to that, the price went up more than $200 pp the next day. I feel like I got a heck of a deal, even at the high holiday prices.

Thank you again for pointing this out!!! I was able to get the additional two perks for each of our THREE AQ cabins reserved for our family of 5 adults next year! This saved me roughly $1400!! I'm so excited. Add to that, the price went up more than $200 pp the next day. I feel like I got a heck of a deal, even at the high holiday prices.

Good work, I am glad someone is taking advantage of it, as it doesn't quite work out for me. I already had the drinks and to get the other two perks will cost more than their value.:D

I just realized something about the CC pricing during this promo.

For my cruise next spring, the current pricing for 3 persons in a CC3 stateroom is as follows:

1st - $1449

2nd -$1449

3rd - $799

The current pricing for the same CC3 for 2 persons is:

1st - $1199

2nd - $1199

Why do the 2 persons in a 3 person stateroom have to pay $500 more? That means that the average for the 3 passengers is $1232...$33 more than the 2 passengers rate. That means no rate break for a 3rd person sharing the stateroom and sleeping on a sofa bed or bunk. :eek: Plus to add insult to injury, the rate pp is higher when sharing!

The pricing in a standard balcony stateroom (a 1A in this example) is the same for 2 passengers or 3 passengers in a stateroom...$1149 pp.

Edited by Iamthesea

I just realized something about the CC pricing during this promo.

For my cruise next spring, the current pricing for 3 persons in a CC3 stateroom is as follows:

1st - $1449

2nd -$1449

3rd - $799

The current pricing for the same CC3 for 2 persons is:

1st - $1199

2nd - $1199

Why do the 2 persons in a 3 person stateroom have to pay $500 more? That means that the average for the 3 passengers is $1232...$33 more than the 2 passengers rate. That means no rate break for a 3rd person sharing the stateroom and sleeping on a sofa bed or bunk. :eek: Plus to add insult to injury, the rate pp is higher when sharing!

The pricing in a standard balcony stateroom (a 1A in this example) is the same for 2 passengers or 3 passengers in a stateroom...$1149 pp.

Doesn't the current 123 promo give some perks to the 3rd person? I imagine they are building the cost of that into the 1st and 2nd PAX.

Yes, that's my point. I am paying for my own perks. :rolleyes: However, 3rd person in a 1A also gets the perks without a price increase of the 1st and 2nd passenger. And, the perks (Non-alcoholic drinks package and 40 minutes of Internet use) do not add up to $500.

Depending on what pricing does on Insides and OV's in the coming weeks, I may remove myself from my daughters stateroom and go single. Right now, I could book an Inside for $500 additional and have a stateroom all to myself. No non-alcoholic/Internet package, though. I am not willing to pay that much more, but if I could get a better deal on an OV, I would at least get the alcoholic package.:) I'll keep rate checking.