New Celebrity promotion 11-5-2014

kk99

I love cruise critic folks. Everyone is so helpful and even though I've been on a lot of cruises thru the years, I always learn something new, like this promotion. If the OP hadn't posted, I would not have learned about it. Kudos to everyone!:D

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I love cruise critic folks. Everyone is so helpful and even though I've been on a lot of cruises thru the years, I always learn something new, like this promotion. If the OP hadn't posted, I would not have learned about it. Kudos to everyone!:D

Agreed, :D

I imagine someone in the AUS and EU made that crazy decision.

Not sure if this comment is serious.

There is no-one from Celebrity in AUS, office here closed some time back and went Central S America.

So now the old 123go has finished everywhere.

And we in Aus and elsewhere don't get the new 123go all inc.

Waiting to book 2 EU cruises but am effectively not getting over $1000- in perks for each 7 day cruise= $2000+ for me.

Edited by jveevers

This promotion is great. It cost us 500 to upgrade from an OV to a C2 with an oversized balcony on the hump. We're getting 400 back in OBC, so the bottom line is that it's only costing us 100.00 and we also get the concierge perks and the extra captains club points.

Not for us this one. When we booked in August we got a balcony upgrade and cheap flights. My TA says that the same cruise would now cost me £1000 more! An upgrade to Concierge class would cost us £1500. It's just not worth it for the perks.

We are sailing next 11/30/15,11 day Ultimate Caribbean and took advantage of the new promotion. We are getting $300.00 OBC, $275.00 free gratuities and classic beverage package. We have sailed with Celebrity but never had the beverage package. We think this is a great deal for the 11 day cruise. We will be having a great time!!!

I haven't booked my cruise YET (not until Nov. 18th), but the promotion will definitely come in handy for me! :) My wife and I were debating if we wanted to buy any drink this time around or not since it'll be Alaska and we don't typically drink more on this type of cruise. No need to debate any more!

I haven't booked my cruise YET (not until Nov. 18th), but the promotion will definitely come in handy for me! :) My wife and I were debating if we wanted to buy any drink this time around or not since it'll be Alaska and we don't typically drink more on this type of cruise. No need to debate any more!

My husband and I had our first free Beverage Pkg on our Alasakan cruise last Fall. We utilized the package for more than our share of hot chocolates and specially coffee's. :D The fresh squeezed OJ was very nice each morning, and then we had a couple of drinks or more in the evenings. ;)

I'm a bit confused here.

People on this post are saying that on top of this promotion they are also getting more from their travel agent.

In the fine print it states "All guests in a stateroom must book at the non discounted standard cruise fare during the Offer Period".

From that statement, I would think I cannot transfer it to my on-line agent who gives deep discounts with group booking rates.

Can someone enlighten me???

Hi everyone,

To help with figuring out whether this promotion works for you, or any other promotion, I made a chart for a single person in a cabin, and a second chart for two people in a cabin that lists the current cost of a classic alcoholic beverage package with the included gratuities, gratuity costs for the different types of cabins, and the cost to upgrade a classic drink package to the premium package, all based on the number of days of your cruise.

So if you were booking a concierge category cabin for a week under the 123 all inclusive promotion, and you get all three benefits and it is either a new cruise or a booked cruise outside final payment and the price has not changed for you, the benefit would be with two people in a cabin, the classic drink package cost of $708, and gratuities of $168, and then the onboard credit you receive based on length of sailing, which under this promotion is $300 for the cabin for the week( from Celebrity's website).

I found it helpful to me in trying to figure out whether the promotion would work on our future sailings to convert to the new promotion taking into account if the price on our bookings was more than what we originally purchased the cabin for. It would also work if you are booking onboard to see what the extras they might be offering with any type of sailing.

Just waiting for the next release of new itineraries to open!

Celebrity spreadsheet cost 2.pdf

Hi Ruth,

I believe that the sailing has to be priced at what is showing as current pricing on Celebrity's website. Your travel agent may be able to give you some extras on top of the promotion for the transfer, but if your current pricing with the travel agent group is a large discount from the current published fares, it may not be to your advantage to transfer the reservation.

I would call your travel agent and ask them to price the cabin and sailing you want both ways, with their discounted space, and with the new promotion so you can decide what works best for you.

I booked an Equinox cruise for Feb/16 several months ago thru an online agent who had some big promos of their own at the time. Out of curiosity I checked to see what pricing was like on the cruise now with the all inclusive promo, figuring it would have gone up a few hundred dollars (we booked in a Sky Suite). It hasn't changed at all. My TA was able to change my booking so that I receive everything in the current Celebrity promo plus receive a very healthy OBC from the TA. I am happy :D

Hi everyone,

To help with figuring out whether this promotion works for you, or any other promotion, I made a chart for a single person in a cabin, and a second chart for two people in a cabin that lists the current cost of a classic alcoholic beverage package with the included gratuities, gratuity costs for the different types of cabins, and the cost to upgrade a classic drink package to the premium package, all based on the number of days of your cruise.

So if you were booking a concierge category cabin for a week under the 123 all inclusive promotion, and you get all three benefits and it is either a new cruise or a booked cruise outside final payment and the price has not changed for you, the benefit would be with two people in a cabin, the classic drink package cost of $708, and gratuities of $168, and then the onboard credit you receive based on length of sailing, which under this promotion is $300 for the cabin for the week( from Celebrity's website).

I found it helpful to me in trying to figure out whether the promotion would work on our future sailings to convert to the new promotion taking into account if the price on our bookings was more than what we originally purchased the cabin for. It would also work if you are booking onboard to see what the extras they might be offering with any type of sailing.

Just waiting for the next release of new itineraries to open!

Thanks! Don't forget the 3rd and 4th passenger. :)

I've updated the chart to reflect the increased gratuity costs. I should have known better than to rely on my last cruise invoice this year to figure it out:eek:

So I've reattached it. The chart reflects what Celebrity charges for some of the things you may get in a promotion. I also realize that everyone values the benefits differently, as some people may not drink or have benefits because of their status with Captain's Club.

I just appreciate that there are promotions to be taken advantage of, and that means more cruise budget for our holidays.

Celebrity spreadsheet cost 2.pdf

I've updated the chart to reflect the increased gratuity costs. I should have known better than to rely on my last cruise invoice this year to figure it out:eek:

So I've reattached it. The chart reflects what Celebrity charges for some of the things you may get in a promotion. I also realize that everyone values the benefits differently, as some people may not drink or have benefits because of their status with Captain's Club.

I just appreciate that there are promotions to be taken advantage of, and that means more cruise budget for our holidays.

Bottom line, it all depends if you have booked before the "All Inclusive 123" came out do you want to pay the prevailing rate to get the promotion? Some CC's were lucky and their fare stayed around the same and they were able to add the promotion with no additional charge or a very small one.

Bottom line, it all depends if you have booked before the "All Inclusive 123" came out do you want to pay the prevailing rate to get the promotion? Some CC's were lucky and their fare stayed around the same and they were able to add the promotion with no additional charge or a very small one.

Mine was so far out (early 2016) that my pricing didn't change a bit - just got the perks added from the promo. Happy dance!!!;);)

I wish I could hook up to this promotion, but our 2 cruises in Feb. arenow more than double what we paid, so we certainly aren't making any changes.

Now, for those that would be booking this promotion while on a 2 wk cruise, what more would they get for booking on the ship, that they couldn't get if booking directly on land.

Not sure if this comment is serious.

There is no-one from Celebrity in AUS, office here closed some time back and went Central S America.

Waiting to book 2 EU cruises but am effectively not getting over $1000- in perks for each 7 day cruise= $2000+ for me.

Yes, I was serious. I did not realized that they closed the RCCL international office that they set up in Sydney to service all the brands.

I also thought that different markets had differences in conditions, terms, and programs.

I would have thought that someone in charge of the Australian market would be making the decision on which programs to implement when and not a single Corporate decision maker.

It certain leads to confusion and it is obviously disappointing not to be able to take advantage of such a great program.

Bottom line is seems like a poor decision whoever made it.

Yes, I was serious. I did not realized that they closed the RCCL international office that they set up in Sydney to service all the brands.

I also thought that different markets had differences in conditions, terms, and programs.

I would have thought that someone in charge of the Australian market would be making the decision on which programs to implement when and not a single Corporate decision maker.

It certain leads to confusion and it is obviously disappointing not to be able to take advantage of such a great program.

It certainly makes getting a great deal that bit harder.:D

Yes.

The pricing this year is absolutely incredibly high for EU cruises (well for non US or non UK bookings)

In November 2013 I booked an EU 12 night sailing on Equinox for August 2014. The cost for a C3 with Free Grats and free Classic beverage was AUD $6050 for 2 people which equates to $504 per night.

Now it is November 2014 and I am pricing a 13 night EU Equinox, August 1, 2015.. Celebrity website is telling me AUD $9148 inc grats for a C3. Classic beverage would cost me $1000 , making a total of AUD $10148 which equates to $780 per night.

That is over 50% more than last year.

Have enquired at several local and US TA's and they quote exactly same asCelebrity , perhaps with a little OBC.

Being Captains Club Elite I can get reduced deposit and maybe upgrade to C2. That doesnt change the total $ figure.

I would be interested to know the costing for this cruise on Celebritys US site.

Mr Celebrity, how about some worldwide equality on fares and perks or dont you want the other markets.

Edited by jveevers

Yes.

The pricing this year is absolutely incredibly high for EU cruises (well for non US or non UK bookings)

In November 2013 I booked an EU 12 night sailing on Equinox for August 2014. The cost for a C3 with Free Grats and free Classic beverage was AUD $6050 for 2 people which equates to $504 per night.

Now it is November 2014 and I am pricing a 13 night EU Equinox, August 1, 2015.. Celebrity website is telling me AUD $9148 inc grats for a C3. Classic beverage would cost me $1000 , making a total of AUD $10148 which equates to $780 per night.

That is over 50% more than last year.

Have enquired at several local and US TA's and they quote exactly same asCelebrity , perhaps with a little OBC.

Being Captains Club Elite I can get reduced deposit and maybe upgrade to C2. That doesnt change the total $ figure.

I would be interested to know the costing for this cruise on Celebritys US site.

Mr Celebrity, how about some worldwide equality on fares and perks or dont you want the other markets.

Have you looked at the later sailing in August 2015 that leaves from Istanbul? It's 14 nights and is slightly cheaper than the one you mention. If you booked via the US the price may be more comparable and you would obtain all the perks. We also were offered a large OBC from our TA (which could be placed back on your CC if you do not use).

If you're Elite, check the prices of the regular balconies; sometimes the extra $OBC is not worth the difference if the regulars are less than the OBC offered - especially on the S class where the size of the cabin is exactly the same ;).

Edited by villauk

Have you looked at the later sailing in August 2015 that leaves from Istanbul? It's 14 nights and is slightly cheaper than the one you mention. If you booked via the US the price may be more comparable and you would obtain all the perks. We also were offered a large OBC from our TA (which could be placed back on your CC if you do not use).

If you're Elite, check the prices of the regular balconies; sometimes the extra $OBC is not worth the difference if the regulars are less than the OBC offered - especially on the S class where the size of the cabin is exactly the same ;).

Thanks villauk

I was using the August 1 as a pricing comparison as it was closest to the cruise that I did last year.

I am actually looking at booking the July 11th and 18th B2B as it offers 4 new ports for us.

How do you mean "book via US", do you mean book on Celebritys US site, not sure I can do that as far as Celebrity is concerned. I guess that is why I said I would be interested to know the US costing so if anyone has a spare minute (or 20) maybe they could give me an idea of US pricing via Celebrity website on a C3 on the 2 cruises Equinox July 11th and 18th. Thanks

As far as Elite goes, does that effect prices on regular balconies?

Btw, apparently Captains Club allows for reduced deposit and category upgrade, how do I obtain that?, I did call Loyalty Desk but they said I would have to wait 2 hours to speak to someone or they would call back, that was 2 days ago, no call back.

Edited by jveevers

I would be interested to know the US costing so if anyone has a spare minute (or 20) maybe they could give me an idea of US pricing via Celebrity website on a C3 on the 2 cruises Equinox July 11th and 18th. Thanks.

7/11 C2 4258 C3 4298 C1 4658 Taxes 161

7/18 C3 3998 C2 4258 C1 4658 Taxes 192

All are for 2 people and you should get a one category upgrade for Captains Club. We just did when we upgraded our Nov 2015 Equinox 10 day Thanksgiving cruise. Yes, the C2 is cheaper on 7/11.

7/11 C2 4258 C3 4298 C1 4658 Taxes 161

7/18 C3 3998 C2 4258 C1 4658 Taxes 192

All are for 2 people and you should get a one category upgrade for Captains Club. We just did when we upgraded our Nov 2015 Equinox 10 day Thanksgiving cruise. Yes, the C2 is cheaper on 7/11.

Thank you SNJ for your time and effort'

I fooled my PC and got onto the US Celebrity site.

I got the same costing in USD$ that you got, however $750- was deducted from each cruise being "captains club discount".. I logged into "my celebrity" first which recognised my Elite membership and allowed the $750- discount. I assume I also got the 123go, 3 perks (C3) although the system didnt actually tell me that.

If you were to search for a website called "Reader Offers" in England you might find the 3-2-1 is still on sale at least until 18th November!