Booking on board/Cancellation Policy

gordylad

You will lose your deposit if you cancel that cruise.

You can transfer it to another cruise By transferring if you need to you will save the deposit but may lose some of the perks from booking on board. It can also be a technicality for cruises that state new for booking only since transferring is technically not considered a new booking. I have done it a few times and never had a problem but it could be if Celebrity wanted to push that requirement. When transferring I would pick one that is far off and then transfer it later to the one that I want.

Just make sure that you don't say that you want to cancel, instead say that you would like to transfer and you will be OK. You also want to make sure that the TA that you are using does not charge for any changes in your reservation. There are a few that charge $50 per change.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Can someone advise what the cancellation policy is for booking on board and paying the low deposit. Do you lose the deposit of you cancel or is there a cooling off period?

Thanks

I was told by a Summit Future Cruise Consultant that the "Cruise Now" booking I made on board last month is fully refundable. That is because I specifically elected to defer the OBC for making that booking to the future cruise. If I had accepted the OBC while on current cruise, the deposit would've been non-refundable.

Either way, you don't really lose out on the deposit because you either have it as an immediate OBC or you can get it refunded.

If we decide not to take that future cruise, it would still benefit us to transfer the deposit to a future cruise in order to keep the booking on board booking perk of future OBC.

Jane

I was told by a Summit Future Cruise Consultant that the "Cruise Now" booking I made on board last month is fully refundable. That is because I specifically elected to defer the OBC for making that booking to the future cruise. If I had accepted the OBC while on current cruise, the deposit would've been non-refundable.

Either way, you don't really lose out on the deposit because you either have it as an immediate OBC or you can get it refunded.

If we decide not to take that future cruise, it would still benefit us to transfer the deposit to a future cruise in order to keep the booking on board booking perk of future OBC.

Jane

This is true. If you just take out a FCC without applying it to a specific booking, it is non-refundable when you cancel a cruise on which this is applied. You can transfer it as many times as you want.

If you choose a specific cruise onboard and put your deposit down, it is fully refundable. OR -- since the benefits are so good, you can transfer it to another sailing and keep your perks. This is definitely the way to go, especially if the PYP promo is not in place when you book.

Not so. I just cancelled one I booked on board and got my deposit back. They are fully refundable.

Generally, it is in your best interest to roll the booking over to another cruise and keep the benefits associated with that booking.

When you booked did you get OBC added to the cruise you were on when you booked? That seems to be the difference. We looked at booking while on board last month and they were going to give us OBC ( equal to the deposit) immediately for the cruise were we on but then the deposit on the future cruise was non-refundable if we cancelled.

When you booked did you get OBC added to the cruise you were on when you booked? That seems to be the difference. We looked at booking while on board last month and they were going to give us OBC ( equal to the deposit) immediately for the cruise were we on but then the deposit on the future cruise was non-refundable if we cancelled.

No, the benefits for that onboard booking were attached to a specific future cruise.

It makes perfect sense that if Celebrity gives you the money up front on your current cruise they're not going to give it to you again if you cancel your booking.

Hi Gordylad,

Do be aware that cancellation policies are different - not as flexible - in UK and Europe.

Carole

The cruise confirmation I received from the FCC on board specifically stated that the deposit was fully refundable.

If you are from the UK, I would recommend asking and then getting the answer in writing.

It depends on the length of the cruise and the type of cabin you book. They will give you a sheet explaining all this.

Thank you.

We have a cruise booked and received $200, but I was wondering if we changed it to a b2b 10 and 11 days, if the $200 would still apply.

I can't remember the cut-off for the number of days.

Hi Gordylad,

Do be aware that cancellation policies are different - not as flexible - in UK and Europe.

Carole

This has been our experience when booking onboard.

The onboard sales team will create a reservation in the system and pass on your credit card details to the UK office. The UK office will then charge the deposit to your card (in GBP).

You are then stuck with UK T&C's which don't allow deposits to be refunded and any assistance has to be directed through the UK office.

And when I asked, the reduced deposits were not applicable to UK guests.

Thank you.

We have a cruise booked and received $200' date=' but I was wondering if we changed it to a b2b 10 and 11 days, if the $200 would still apply.

I can't remember the cut-off for the number of days.[/quote']

Well I rearranged some of my cruises booked on board and the OBC was adjusted based on the new cruise's length and type of cabin booked. Still followed the formula of the sheet I was given on board.

Not so. I just cancelled one I booked on board and got my deposit back. They are fully refundable.

Generally, it is in your best interest to roll the booking over to another cruise and keep the benefits associated with that booking.

Not if you live in UK, where different T&C C apply.

The refundable deposit or transfer of a cruise only applies to USA & Canadian bookings.

Where do live gordylad? - UK

PS

I note you say you have had the booking transferred to a U.S. Agent, but I am leaving the advice in case others in the UK are reading.

The onboard sales team will create a reservation in the system and pass on your credit card details to the UK office. The UK office will then charge the deposit to your card (in GBP).

You are then stuck with UK T&C's which don't allow deposits to be refunded and any assistance has to be directed through the UK office.

And when I asked, the reduced deposits were not applicable to UK guests.

Edited by upwarduk

Well I rearranged some of my cruises booked on board and the OBC was adjusted based on the new cruise's length and type of cabin booked. Still followed the formula of the sheet I was given on board.

Attached is the sheet I was given on board Summit's 5 Oct 2014 sailing. (I had to split each side into a separate PDF to upload.)

Note that you are not required to accept the OBC on current cruise, if you book a "Cruise Now" (specific future cruise). *If* you accept the current OBC, then your deposit becomes non-refundable.

For those in the UK and other places that don't offer deposit refunds, it's probably best to accept the current OBC offer, since it is equal in amount to your deposit. That way, you have nothing to really lose.

Jane

PS This was considered the "Evergreen 123 Go" Cruise Now offer, but I note that it says "Book by Nov 4". It doesn't apply to "Cruise Later" certificates (previously known as Open Passages). The scan quality is actually better than the original, yet the fine print is barely legible.

dgt2zr.jpg

5Oct14 Celebrity Onboard Booking Terms Sheet Side 2.pdf

5Oct14 Celebrity Onboard Booking Terms Sheet Side 1.pdf

Edited by JaneStarr
Adding Screenshot of OBC Amts

Attached is the sheet I was given on board Summit's 5 Oct 2014 sailing. (I had to split each side into a separate PDF to upload.)

Note that you are not required to accept the OBC on current cruise, if you book a "Cruise Now" (specific future cruise). *If* you accept the current OBC, then your deposit becomes non-refundable.

For those in the UK and other places that don't offer deposit refunds, it's probably best to accept the current OBC offer, since it is equal in amount to your deposit. That way, you have nothing to really lose.

Jane

PS This was considered the "Evergreen 123 Go" Cruise Now offer, but I note that it says "Book by Nov 4". It doesn't apply to "Cruise Later" certificates (previously known as Open Passages). The scan quality is actually better than the original, yet the fine print is barely legible.

dgt2zr.jpg

Thank you so much!