Rock Of Ages Cancelled Breakaway

glennmartin

I'm already booked for it on the January 4 cruise and have heard nothing about it being canceled as of yet. I booked my entertainment right after the booking window opened. All of a sudden people wanting to book their entertainment on our cruise are being shown NO entertainment booking is available....now wondering if they pulled it all down to deal with this situation? I was looking forward to this....hope it's all unrelated and not true.

We saw this show and loved it. In my opinion not for anyone under teenage years.

Also saw it and loved it, but if I sail Breakaway again would prefer a new show instead. Sorry for those who thought they were going to see it and might not.

I hope it is not permanently cancelled. I get a kick out of people that rush to judgment that some how people are offended by a Broadway show and NCL got scared after running the show for almost a year and pulled the plug.

Does anyone seriously believe that? Shall we all book ourselves into the child center when boarding? Any entertainment over 9 years old is strictly forbidden! No swearing allowed! No adult jokes! No sexual references! We want Barney on ice Disney style or we will complain :eek:

Edited by david_sobe

I hope it is not permanently cancelled. I get a kick out of people that rush to judgment that some how people are offended by a Broadway show and NCL got scared after running the show for almost a year and pulled the plug.

Does anyone seriously believe that? Shall we all book ourselves into the child center when boarding? Any entertainment over 9 years old is strictly forbidden! No swearing allowed! No adult jokes! No sexual references! We want Barney on ice Disney style or we will complain :eek:

Exactly!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why did only this one person who started this thread get info about this? I as well booked mine for the Jan 4th cruise, and as it was said, we can't book any kind of entertainment now for our curise...Just when I thought I had at least One thing planed ahead of time! and it Not being something of the NORM on a cruise.:confused:

David don't you see a trend with a lot of people? They live to complain. Makes their world complete 😁

I would think cancelling would be about money or contracts or talent or all three. Let's give NCL credit for realizing that ROA is harmless adult fun, anyone who is offended can start their own Prude Cruise Lines. Good Luck

David don't you see a trend with a lot of people? They live to complain. Makes their world complete 😁

Exactly!! Why take them seriously? I laugh at them while feeling a bit of pity for them for they are leading such an unhappy, counter productive life. It is their choice, we just don't have to believe them.

For the heck of it, just googled "ROA cancellation on NCL." This casting call came up- the end date of their contracts is 3/29/15. Maybe they are shutting down the show in January to train new people, or put in a totally new show?? I see they did the training in Tampa - but maybe they need to do it on the ship, and build new sets there also. I wouldn't mind a new show going in - gives me the excuse to book Breakaway again for this summer! Here is the casting call I found online:

ROCK OF AGES on Norwegian Cruise Line

Theatre

Union / Non-Union

Pay Rate: Ensemble $850/wk minimum, Lead $900/wk minimum

Featuring music by Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, et al.

Author: Chris D’Arienzo

Director: Kristin Hanggi

Choreographer: Kelly Devine

Manager, Theatrical Operations: Robert Dean Hertenstein

VP Entertainment: Richard Ambrose

Casting: Daryl Eisenberg Casting

Contract Begins: August 17, 2014 – travel to Tampa, FL

Rehearsals: August 18 – September 18, 2014 – in Tampa, FL

Board Ship: September 21, 2014

Itinerary: Norwegian Breakaway, ports every Sunday in NYC. 7 day cruises to Bermuda!

End of Contract: March 29, 2015

I'm already booked for it on the January 4 cruise and have heard nothing about it being canceled as of yet. I booked my entertainment right after the booking window opened. All of a sudden people wanting to book their entertainment on our cruise are being shown NO entertainment booking is available....now wondering if they pulled it all down to deal with this situation? I was looking forward to this....hope it's all unrelated and not true.

neither of my entertainment reservations show up... dinner yes

:mad:

Ok so none of the booked entertainment I have show up. Not roa not burn the floor not second city

So does that mean they cancelled all entertainment lol?

Some here would rush to that judgement I know

But I am going with

Either a system glitch/update

Or

They are reviewing entertainment seating capacity

Ok so none of the booked entertainment I have show up. Not roa not burn the floor not second city

But I am going with

Or

Maybe once they have New show in place OUR already made reservations will show back up, Including our show time for what WAS ROA and now will be something different People are now posting they have spoken to NCL and confirmed ROA will not run come Jan 2015 But are not giving what the new show will be.

If a new show takes it's place, doesn't that make sense? I mean, don't cruise ships generally change up the entertainment after a certain time? Why do so many people have to assume it's because of complaints and such? Maybe it is being changed to a different show simply because it's time for a different show. Just throwing that out there...

But I am going with

Or

I made entertainment ressie's several weeks ago, they never showed on my cruise summary, only the specific dining showed. But, for the days I scheduled entertainment, the summary does show two activities. I'm new to reserving dining and entertainment so far in advance, so I don't know what "normal" is.

I just checked mine for that cruise and while my travel itin says I have an activity booked it does not show that it is the roa show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made entertainment ressie's several weeks ago, they never showed on my cruise summary, only the specific dining showed. But, for the days I scheduled entertainment, the summary does show two activities. I'm new to reserving dining and entertainment so far in advance, so I don't know what "normal" is.

Yes mine shows that also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If a new show takes it's place, doesn't that make sense? I mean, don't cruise ships generally change up the entertainment after a certain time? Why do so many people have to assume it's because of complaints and such? Maybe it is being changed to a different show simply because it's time for a different show. Just throwing that out there...

In my experience with NCL, the entertainment venues change after a much longer period. The Breakaway premiered in 2013 so a change this soon would be very surprising. When I texted my son, not thinking he'd see it this soon and out to sea, his only response was "nonsense". There is much involved in changing shows including all new sets and since the theatre is shared with Burn the Floor, it has to be something that can be put up and taken down without too much trouble.

In my experience with NCL, the entertainment venues change after a much longer period. The Breakaway premiered in 2013 so a change this soon would be very surprising. When I texted my son, not thinking he'd see it this soon and out to sea, his only response was "nonsense". There is much involved in changing shows including all new sets and since the theatre is shared with Burn the Floor, it has to be something that can be put up and taken down without too much trouble.

My thoughts exactly. Best I can tell this all started with a call from a rep at NCL UK canceling one reservation. You all know how unreliable the info can be from NCL's reservation reps.