Which would you choose?

On the Oasis...a boardwalk balcony or an ocean view balcony? And why?

Ocean View without hesitation. Much rather have an expansive outside view, they are few and far between as it is on Oasis.

Edited by clarea

On our previous 7 cruises on allure/oasis we have always gone for the last possible boardwalk balcony as my wife is a busybody and likes people watching and I like the aft views so we can get them both. However, now that Oasis has closed VCL to only suites we will go with oceanview balcony if I even go on that class ship again. I agree with Bob they are blocking views of the water waaaay too much....what's next restricting the solarium?

We would typically choose OV Balcony but for our next trip, but one of the end (#29) Boardwalk balconies was available so we booked that one for the Aqua Theater view...next best thing to an Aqua Suite ;) We'll see how we like it. So...for your question...unless you can get one of the end (or next to the end) boardwalk ones, I'd go with ocean view.

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

Assuming the price difference isn't much or is within the vacation budget, I'd take the ocean view balcony any day of the week.

I can sit on my balcony and stare at the open ocean for hours...listening to the waves and relaxing. I think I would enjoy the boardwalk balcony but would miss the privacy of the ocean view.

There is quite the debate in the M&JfromSDL household right now. We are trying to choose between an oceanview balcony on a Freedom-class ship vs. a boardwalk balcony on Allure. Decisions... decisions...

Consider that you can always have an ocean view balcony on any RCCL ship.

It's sort of fun to take the opportunity to have a Boardwalk Balcony for something different for a change. We could also see the ocean from our Boardwalk balcony. :)

LuLu

We've just booked a B1 Boardwalk 2nd from the end on the Allure Oct 2015 TA. We are doing this cruise for the ship rather than ports and figured it was something different and we can still see the ocean. It was the same price as the E OV. Hope we have done the right thing.