Papa Dale Head barman on Journey

procter

Bonnie,

Lots of us regulars will have great memories of this tremendous ambassador for your brand.

I know that you will/cannot give contact details but we would love to be on his final voyage .

Is it possible to let us know when this is.

If not by reply to this message then maybe privately to geoffkendall at hotmail dot com.

Thanks

Geoff and Freda from Newcastle on Tyne (in case Dale asks who is asking)

Edited by procter
typo

I saw him in August again. .he makes great drinks. .But he did look tured and he is slower. i will miss him . he needs a great send off party and I am sure the crew will give him one. I follow him around the ship for drinks.

Bonnie,

Lots of us regulars will have great memories of this tremendous ambassador for your brand.

I know that you will/cannot give contact details but we would love to be on his final voyage .

Is it possible to let us know when this is.

If not by reply to this message then maybe privately to geoffkendall at hotmail dot com.

Thanks

Geoff and Freda from Newcastle on Tyne (in case Dale asks who is asking)

I'll see what I can find out for you :)

I sent messages to officers on board and hope one tells me..

Maybe we can send letters to MIA or email Nicole and they forward it all to him. sorry i do not have a picture of him.. great man!

Edited by ellbon

Slower certainly isn't a word I would have used. He is the most efficient multi tasker I've seen behind a bar, with a memory like an elephants.

When we saw Dale in August he was still deciding whether to retire or not. I am not sure he is totally bought into his wife's plans. It would be good to hear Bonnie if she won or not.

Hi Everyone,

While I haven't seen Dale in a while, he certainly wasnt slow, and was one of the most outstanding bartenders I've ever met on any cruise ship. I was amazed at just how much he remembered !

If he is in fact retiring, I'd like to wish Dale all the very best of happiness. Let's hope he's sticking around :)

Edited by Host Andy

Slower certainly isn't a word I would have used. He is the most efficient multi tasker I've seen behind a bar, with a memory like an elephants.

Agree. Never appeared slow to me. When I saw him a couple of months ago he talked of leaving. He was on holiday last month. There is always a last time for doing everything. We aren't all around forever. It's life, but the crew will miss him.

Phil

I saw him in August again. .he makes great drinks. .But he did look tured and he is slower. i will miss him . he needs a great send off party and I am sure the crew will give him one. I follow him around the ship for drinks.

I meant in walking- i said he made great drinks always smiling.

Agree. Never appeared slow to me. When I saw him a couple of months ago he talked of leaving. He was on holiday last month. There is always a last time for doing everything. We aren't all around forever. It's life, but the crew will miss him.

Phil

Could not have put it better!

And the impact of his mentoring of the younger crew will live on.

So true we have to remember it's not about us and what we want or like all the time, thanks for that timely reminder Phil

Edited by uktog

When I last saw him in September he did talk about retiring and starting a business at home, but he did say that he see us in January on the Antarctica cruise. Many of the crew took him out for a very late night on the town the last evening that he was on board. From the feedback a good time was had by all. He is called "Papa"by many of the crew on board, and has consistently taken new crew members under his wing.He has certainly not slowed up and his mind and sense of humor is as keen as ever.

Straight from Dale, who is on vacation right now:

With due respect, it's all rumours. Please let it be known that I am not retiring.

Excellent news that smile and that fantastic memory will be there for us all next year.

How does that guy remember what guests he hasn't seen for months or years drinks? Watch him on the first few nights of a cruise and watch the number of folks who say "how did you remember" - it's not just the priviledged few, the always cruising, always in suites, it's guests across the ship

Enjoy your well earned vacation Dale and see you soon!

• 2 weeks later...