Emerald Princess Still In Houston

R&S

Yes its for sure leaving today. New passengers are boarded and waiting. You can check their roll call as some are sitting up in Skywalkers waiting and wondering the same as us when they will leave. MarkSeattle when is your cruise? We leave in 3 weeks on the 7th.

Yes its for sure leaving today. New passengers are boarded and waiting. You can check their roll call as some are sitting up in Skywalkers waiting and wondering the same as us when they will leave. MarkSeattle when is your cruise? We leave in 3 weeks on the 7th.

Last year I took this cruise the week after Thanksgiving. no issues for us but the week before and after there were delays, at least one with a missed port.

This year we're going Christmas week Dec 21-28.

Princess said the delay was due to fog. Though the fog didn't seem that dense, I can understand the caution as there was a lot of traffic and barges we're going in the opposite direction close to the ship. Debarkation started at 8:45 with lots of walkoffs. Our tag was called about 11:00. We found our suitcases with no problem.The line through customs was long, but moved quickly. The transfer bus was just outside the terminal and the ride to Hobby was smooth.

We are leaving next Sunday - for a week - Western Caribbean. Do you know for sure it was leaving today and not tomorrow?

We had fog delay once out of Galveston was hoping we'd have better luck this time.

Thanks for the info, Edie

Leaving next Sunday too out of Houston. My hard earn vacation better not get messed up by Mother Nature. :) Or someone just make sure I have a cocktail at all times.

Princess said the delay was due to fog. Though the fog didn't seem that dense, I can understand the caution as there was a lot of traffic and barges we're going in the opposite direction close to the ship. Debarkation started at 8:45 with lots of walkoffs. Our tag was called about 11:00. We found our suitcases with no problem.The line through customs was long, but moved quickly. The transfer bus was just outside the terminal and the ride to Hobby was smooth.

The fog problem was before dawn. By the time there was light, the ship was moving, but slowly. Before dawn it had been stopped for a while.

We just got off the ship today in Houston. Due to some fog we were delayed in returning to Houston and the debarkation was very disorganized. It looks like the ship is getting a late start on her first 7 day cruise out of Texas.

http://www.portofhouston.com/cruise-information/live-cruise-terminal-cam/

Still there at 8:17 PM.

On the five day, we sailed about that time. Delay was due to ship disembarking late then.

I assume today's delay is for the same problem as not even half the ship has disembarked by 11 AM.

On our Thanksgiving cruise last year, we couldn't leave once they were ready because there were no tugboats for us. When we were supposed to leave then, the wind had come up, and it was too windy to leave. We didn't leave until the middle of the day AFTER! We missed two ports that cruise. They substituted Costa Maya for one.

So maybe they are waiting for tugboats?

We are leaving next Sunday - for a week - Western Caribbean. Do you know for sure it was leaving today and not tomorrow?

We had fog delay once out of Galveston was hoping we'd have better luck this time.

Thanks for the info, Edie

We are on this cruise also...hoping that we have NO delays!

We just disembarked this morning from the 5 day, we were also delayed departing the port last Tuesday with similar north wind (currently 22 mph gusting to 30 mph) it is 4:50 am and she is still sitting there. My guess is the problem is probably lack of enough tugs / traffic, we had 2 assisting us out down the narrow 3-4 mile long east / west channel that connects the port to the main ship channel. On tuesday at one point we came very close to the southern edge of the channel when the north wind was gusting, close enough to concern me, as the starboard side tug was at full throttle trying to push the bow north and the wind was still pushing the ship progressively right of course (lost sight of the right side channel marker lights for a couple of minutes sighting down the starboard side balcony rail. Once we made it into the main HSC channel and had the wind coming from the aft the tugs departed and it appeared to be easy going.

If anyone is on the Emerald Princess in Houston on the 11/16/2014 sailing - ...I called Houston TV news - advised them that EP still in port Mon 11/17 as of 730a.

Call these numbers below and tell them what you are being told by Princess !!!

Channel 2 NBC // 713-222-NEWS,

Channel 13 ABC // 713-669-1313,

Channel 11 CBS 713-526-1111

Channel 26 FOX // 713-479-2801

Call them - let them know what is being told to passengers (or what is NOT being said) so they will get some news crews out there to report YOUR story.

I was in a similar situation in 2009 on VOTS from Galveston - stuck 2.5 days in Galv. - RCCL offered 100% refund + 50 pct. off future cruise - went to Alaska following summer - had a great time.

The Port of Houston has waited years for this "dream terminal & 2 lines using Bayport Cruise Terminal " - if this "Really is" a delay due to a narrow channel due to high winds - POH SHOULD have fixed / widened this channel 5-6 years ago BEFORE ANY Ships were here !!!

It's WINTER - we're going to have "north winds" all season long. PCL was here last "winter" and didn't experience these delays - come on now...

POH Cruisecam still shows EP in port as of now 730a on MON 11/17.