New BOGOHO + Wow sale

ihopfar

During one of the previous BOGOHO + Wow Sale combinations (1/2 deposit + OBC), I booked a cruise for 2016.

With the new BOGOHO + WOW sale that started today, the cruise is the same price (for my cabin category) but the OBC has increased.

My understanding is these things are officially for new bookings only but they usually will re-price with the current sale.

Is there any negative to calling and trying to get the increased OBC? We don't usually spend a lot on board, although it might be nice to be able to splurge on things we might not otherwise. Since the cruise is so far off, I am hoping the actual price comes down, even without OBC. In the long run, I could wind up getting repriced during a later sale anyway.

Thanks,

Brad

:):)I too booked , over the phone in August, during BOGOHO with OBC and I just called and saved 225 on my cabin and 120 on the kids' cabin! and got a $100 increase in OBC. That will be used towards excursions! Thank you for encouraging the other poster to call.

Edited by Emmysmomma9

I booked a 4 night Western Caribbean in September for their BOGO sale, now I see they are having a BOGO with OBC being offered. Do you think if I call them they would give me OBC?

Just a question. This is my first cruise so not really sure how to "wheel and deal" with customer service.

Thanks! :)

I booked a 4 night Western Caribbean in September for their BOGO sale, now I see they are having a BOGO with OBC being offered. Do you think if I call them they would give me OBC?

Just a question. This is my first cruise so not really sure how to "wheel and deal" with customer service.

Thanks! :)

They will give you the OBC if you are willing to take the current price too.

I called (price was the same as when I booked) and would have been able to get the additional $200 OBC, but would have had to give up my $200 balcony discount, which would have made the cruise a wash at best - so I passed on the opportunity. I just couldn't see trading them $200 in cash for $200 in credit.:(

So I just called and they gave me the $100 OBC!

Is there anywhere to see this added on the actual reservation? I just looked at my booking dashboard and the only thing it says to let me know I have OBC is

"Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner. "

So if I want to book an excursion through them does that also mean I have to call them now and make the reservation?

Thanks everyone. :)

So I just called and they gave me the $100 OBC!

Is there anywhere to see this added on the actual reservation? I just looked at my booking dashboard and the only thing it says to let me know I have OBC is

"Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner. "

So if I want to book an excursion through them does that also mean I have to call them now and make the reservation?

Thanks everyone. :)

You cannot see the OBC on Royal's web site. If Royal did not send you a booking confirmation, call them back and ask for that. The booking confirmation will show the OBC.

You can still use the website to book excursions.

Manders175... That is great about the increased OBC. I know you are aware that you can not use your OBC to pay for excursions you book before boarding the ship. Anything you add to your reservation before you board is billed to your credit card the day you book them. Have a great cruise.

I booked through an on-line agency, not direct. I called when I saw the OBC increased on a JS from $100 to $300. They updated the booking so I got the $300, and also added me to a group for an additional $75. I kept the same pricing and prepaid gratuities from the original booking.

So for 5 minutes on the phone, I'm up $275 :D

I called (price was the same as when I booked) and would have been able to get the additional $200 OBC, but would have had to give up my $200 balcony discount, which would have made the cruise a wash at best - so I passed on the opportunity. I just couldn't see trading them $200 in cash for $200 in credit.:(

Same here. Most cruises when I checked were just about the same if you take the discount off and put the OBC on.

I booked a cruise of the Greek Isles a few days ago well the new sale came out checked the prices and they dropped contacted Royal and I saved $1255 plus have $200 onboard credit between the 2 cabins! Happy cruiser here!

That's awesome!! I'm so jealous you are headed to the Greek Isles! Enjoy your cruise. :)

I saw the BOGO and WOW sale on the Royal Caribbean website. It's one of the revolving pictures on the homepage. :)

I also get e-mails for all promos. Although, sometime I find sales & promotions on this board before I get the announcements. This is how I found out about the May's (real) BOGO sale. I called my TA immediately to get the desired cabin. My Oasis cruise for Feb. '16 is less than $800 per for a C1 category, including the D balcony discount. Plus, getting $150 in OBC and dinner for 2 from my TA--The May sale was a steal.

What bothers me is what about Loyal to Royal? I finally reach Diamond plus and I have to choose between OBC or Balcony Discount for Past Cruisers. Same price if it is your first or 25th cruise.

Manders175... That is great about the increased OBC. I know you are aware that you can not use your OBC to pay for excursions you book before boarding the ship. Anything you add to your reservation before you board is billed to your credit card the day you book them. Have a great cruise.

Can you use the OBC for grats?

I called and was able to get the additional OBC without issue! Thanks all for the encouragement!

One follow-up question: On my original confirmation, the OBC is all under Guest #1. Now half is under Guest #1 and half under Guest #2. Anything I need to do special to make sure it all gets spent? For example, if I charge everything on my sea pass card, will they still use my wife's half of the OBC to pay it down or do we both need to charge things?

Thanks!

Brad