Premium coffee removed from premium alcohol package?

tonyrocks922

For what its worth, just took a look at the packages on Celebrity and found they have updated the descriptions to include new lists of what is included in each package. If you click on the package link and then click on the link in the description, they have a great comparison of what is included in Classic v Premium. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Thank you Celebrity for giving us a clear comparison at last!

Hi CAPECODMERCURY

Thanks for posting this

I have not looked at the Bevvy Pkg Descriptions on the Celebrity Website in some time

One word... WOW !!

Ths is an incredible improvement over past versions. Well laid out, easy to read & understand, and actual Brand Names etc

Thanks Celebrity.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

For what its worth, just took a look at the packages on Celebrity and found they have updated the descriptions to include new lists of what is included in each package. If you click on the package link and then click on the link in the description, they have a great comparison of what is included in Classic v Premium. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

They have already removed one of our favorite Gins (Bombay Sapphire) from the Classic package (it was in the Classic package on the "Official" Celebrity list this past spring), and now it is only on Premium.

Looks like they are planning on recouping some of the money from their "free" drink packages perk by taking enough away from Classic to make most folks upgrade to Premium.

We just got off Ref...had the Classic Package..,and enjoyed specialty coffees including Aspen Coffee

with almost everyone on the packages, Cafe Baccio was very crowded....esp in the afternoon,.,.but still a few quiet times to just sit and enjoy!

They have already removed one of our favorite Gins (Bombay Sapphire) from the Classic package (it was in the Classic package on the "Official" Celebrity list this past spring), and now it is only on Premium.

Looks like they are planning on recouping some of the money from their "free" drink packages perk by taking enough away from Classic to make most folks upgrade to Premium.

Wow, reading your posts on this thread certainly sounds like you are down on Celebrity before you've ever stepped foot on this cruiseline. If you really need to have Bombay Gin just upgrade to the Premium Package. Let's face it, paying $11 a day for all beverages isn't such a bad deal. Plus then you'll be able to drink in the Martini and Molecular bars, and if you want something more expensive than the P. Package offers you just pay the difference.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and all this pre-cruise angst will be forgotten. Celebrity really provides a very nice cruise experience.

Oh and Caoecodmercury, thanks so much for posting the Celebrity link. Also thanks hcat for the update.

Edited by seasearider

Wow, reading your posts on this thread certainly sounds like you are down on Celebrity before you've ever stepped foot on this cruiseline. If you really need to have Bombay Gin just upgrade to the Premium Package. Let's face it, paying $11 a day for all beverages isn't such a bad deal. Plus then you'll be able to drink in the Martini and Molecular bars, and if you want something more expensive than the P. Package offers you just pay the difference.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and all this pre-cruise angst will be forgotten. Celebrity really provides a very nice cruise experience.

Oh and Caoecodmercury, thanks so much for posting the Celebrity link. Also thanks hcat for the update.

It's a bit disconcerting that Celebrity can't even keep their Classic package inclusions the same for 6 months. It isn't JUST the "free' Classic beverage package that brings Celebrity down in our opinion - it's the myriad of other issues. (Connections party issues, website issues, land-based customer service issues, etc.)

When we chose Celebrity over NCL this time, we looked at EVERYTHING - price, convenience, cabin size, ratings, amenities, including what was included in the Classic beverage package, since that was a perk that Celebrity had over NCL.

You said: "If you really need to have Bombay Gin just upgrade to the Premium Package. Let's face it, paying $11 a day for all beverages isn't such a bad deal."

Let's face it, while $161 is not much (upgrades for two people for a week), it is now adding to our cruise price, which we already know was higher because it included the classic beverage package. Normally, on a 7 day cruise, we don't spend more than about $150 each on drinks for the entire cruise. My tally is usually less than that. So as far as an upcharge, that $80 each is significant.

I am down on Celebrity, and I am wondering if I made a mistake convincing my partner to try a new cruiseline.

The bottom line - we'll have a great time no matter what.

Celebrity is simply making themselves look bad with all these issues, and if I had been aware of all of this before choosing Celebrity, we would likely be sailing on NCL.

Edited by DinaS

It's a bit disconcerting that Celebrity can't even keep their Classic package inclusions the same for 6 months. It isn't JUST the "free' Classic beverage package that brings Celebrity down in our opinion - it's the myriad of other issues. (Connections party issues, website issues, land-based customer service issues, etc.)

When we chose Celebrity over NCL this time, we looked at EVERYTHING - price, convenience, cabin size, ratings, amenities, including what was included in the Classic beverage package, since that was a perk that Celebrity had over NCL.

You said: "If you really need to have Bombay Gin just upgrade to the Premium Package. Let's face it, paying $11 a day for all beverages isn't such a bad deal."

Let's face it, while $161 is not much (upgrades for two people for a week), it is now adding to our cruise price, which we already know was higher because it included the classic beverage package. Normally, on a 7 day cruise, we don't spend more than about $150 each on drinks for the entire cruise. My tally is usually less than that. So as far as an upcharge, that $80 each is significant.

I am down on Celebrity, and I am wondering if I made a mistake convincing my partner to try a new cruiseline.

Celebrity is simply making themselves look bad with all these issues, and if I had been aware of all of this before choosing Celebrity, we would likely be sailing on NCL.

IMHO- To change to NCL from any Celebrity ship would be a big mistake.:eek:

IMHO- To change to NCL from any Celebrity ship would be a big mistake.:eek:

We'll let you know how we feel about that after our May sailing :)

Perhaps we'll be singing the praises of Celebrity when we return!

We'll let you know how we feel about that after our May sailing :)

Perhaps we'll be singing the praises of Celebrity when we return!

I bet you will.

But since you cruise is not until May perhaps you should just cancel and book with NCL if you do not believe it.

IMO the extra cost to upgrade to premium makes the whole experience much better.

Edited by jagoffee

I bet you will.

But since you cruise is not until May perhaps you should just cancel and book with NCL if you do not believe it.

IMO the extra cost to upgrade to premium makes the whole experience much better.

Umm... thanks (?) for the advice.

LOL

Edited by DinaS

Thank you for posting this link because it's cleared up one major confusion concerning the drink packages: confirmation that the beverage packages can be used in the speciality restaurants.

From the link:

'Your package can be used in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges.'

I know a few pax have been previously charged on cruises when consuming alcohol in a speciality restaurant; it was stated by GS that the drink packages didn't apply in those venues - glad to hear that's now been sorted ;).

Thank you for posting this link because it's cleared up one major confusion concerning the drink packages: confirmation that the beverage packages can be used in the speciality restaurants.

From the link:

'Your package can be used in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges.'

I know a few pax have been previously charged on cruises when consuming alcohol in a speciality restaurant; it was stated by GS that the drink packages didn't apply in those venues - glad to hear that's now been sorted ;).

The drink package didn't apply to the specialty cocktail menu in Qsine, but would have applied to standard mixed drinks. The Qsine cocktails, of course, are not noted in the list.

The drink package didn't apply to the specialty cocktail menu in Qsine, but would have applied to standard mixed drinks. The Qsine cocktails, of course, are not noted in the list.

X tried to charge us for all the drinks we consumed in Qsine on Infinity (they were not special cocktails). We were told that no drinks were included, irrespective of which drink package you had ;). Hence my pleasure at seeing the confirmation on the link ;). I'll definitely be taking a hard copy for future reference.

I am not being facetious, but from reading your posts, it seems that you've set yourself up for disappointment. Since you have plenty of time to cancel & rebook on NCL, maybe you should consider that. My opinion is that vacation time is too precious to waste, especially since you're already so unhappy with Celebrity, & you know that for you, personally, NCL fits your needs.

I can remember being talked into taking a vacation with some friends in an location that I just wasn't comfortable with, the entire time my husband & I were saying.. "For the same amount of money we could have been... " well, anywhere but where we were.

Bottom line, why waste money when you're already feeling regretful?

Again, this is really meant to be helpful, & not flippant. :)

X tried to charge us for all the drinks we consumed in Qsine on Infinity (they were not special cocktails). We were told that no drinks were included, irrespective of which drink package you had ;). Hence my pleasure at seeing the confirmation on the link ;). I'll definitely be taking a hard copy for future reference.

Good luck! Even the hard copy may not help. On similar items, folks have been told that the web page hasn't been updated :) and the ship insisted that their rule was the official policy. Policies seem to vary by ship...and are often, but not always, what is published on the web.

If you want to try to sort things out after you get home, make sure you have detailed receipts showing exactly what drinks you ordered in Qsine?

I took me 2 seconds to find this under onboard experience on the website.

Some people just like to complain I suppose, even if it is about nothing.

I'm not complaining. They did change the wording on the page where they sell the package so I asked here for clarification . Are you dense?

Good luck! Even the hard copy may not help. On similar items, folks have been told that the web page hasn't been updated :) and the ship insisted that their rule was the official policy. Policies seem to vary by ship...and are often, but not always, what is published on the web.

If you want to try to sort things out after you get home, make sure you have detailed receipts showing exactly what drinks you ordered in Qsine?

Until the amount was showing on our account we didn't know about the charges - nothing had been signed in Qsine. We'd stated to the staff which drinks package we were on and obviously showed our seapass cards during our meal. Of course, we queried the amount with GS and stated nothing had been mentioned by the staff about any drink charges, as well as them having no signatures on receipts.

They informed us that all drinks were chargeable in the speciality restaurants, however, they did remove the charges from our account as a goodwill gesture (they couldn't really do anything else as they didn't have any proof of what we'd actually drank).

Tbh, next time we book a speciality restaurant, I'm going to ask at reservation time whether our packages are acceptable ;).