Best Marriott Property near FLL terminal

57redbird

Looking for opinions on the best Marriott property near the FLL cruise terminal, please & thanks.

We just got off the NA on Sunday and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott ON Fort Lauderdale beach for a night. It was great! There is plenty of shopping and restaurants along the strip fronting the beach.

We enjoyed having a cappuccino and breakfast on a sidewalk table, then stayed for some people watching for a few hours. For lunch, we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and it too was great! We loved sitting on the deck of the hotel (the deck is on top of Bubba Gumps) where the bar is located, watching all the "interesting" people walking along the strip. For dinner, we went to the Greek Wave and took a few gyros back to our hotel room and just relaxed. The next morning we had coffees and bagels at St Barts coffee shop just down the road, on the beach...

We really wished we had another day to hang out an just watch everyone.

One suggestion, take a taxi as opposed to the hotel shuttle ANYWHERE you go, the shuttle is NOT FREE. You will probably save at least 50% easily. When we checked out of the hotel, they tried to push us into a shuttle for a 25.00 per person ride to the airport. I refused and they said I would be lucky to get a taxi as cheap. I flagged down one of they MANY taxis on the street and only paid 13.70 for the trip to FLL, not including tip. There IS a trolley that goes north and south along the beach for a buck I think per person, but there was enough for us to see without leaving.

My first FLL cruise is coming up in March and I've yet to stay at any of the Marriott properties but I have been researching them.

You might go to hotelguides.com and search on Fort Lauderdale. Look towards the middle of the page and you'll see a link to the hotels near the cruise terminal. This gives you a map of all the hotels relatively close to the terminal. The Marriott Courtyard is off the north edge of the map but the other links will show other areas that do include the Courtyard.

I think the only ones are the Courtyard and the Harbor Beach Marriott.

If you're driving, the Fairfield Inn by Marriott on Griffin Road has a stay and park package that is convenient. Hotel is nice and clean, good breakfast and they provide transportation to and from restaurants nearby. We've stayed there 5 or 6 times over the last few years.

Marriott Renaissance is where we have stayed for every one of our cruises out of Port Everglades. Conviently located to restaurants, Total Wine and a six dollar per person taxi ride to the port.

Agreed! We have experienced very nice stays at the Renaissance.

Agreed! We have experienced very nice stays at the Renaissance.

Marriott Platinum and free rewards lodging has allowed us to stay at any Marriott property using points free. We save them for cruising or special events.

Renaissance has always met our expectations. We have even utilized the bar for pre cruise Eve CC get togethers with dinner following at nearby dining venue.

Bravo Italian Ristorante across parking lot is a consistent very good dining venue as many others in the area.

We always ask for harbor view so sometimes we can watch our ship sailing in. This can cause loss of sleep!

Edited by aliaschief

Agree Aliaschief don't forget Bimini Boatyard. We have stayed there many times also using Marriott points or perks, the Concierge is nice. The Harbor view is also a nice way to get pumped up for another cruise. We do not use the shuttle since cabs are quicker. Also it is close to a lot of other amenities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also stay at the Renaissance ... for up to two nights. For longer stays before or after cruising, we stay at the Courtyard. Both excellent choices.

If we ever wanted to splurge, we'd stay at the Marriott Harbour Beach. We've never stayed there, but we've walked through the property and it looks wonderful!!

We had terrific pre and post cruise stays at the Marriott Harbor Beach hotel and fantastic meals in it's Ocean 3030 restaurant.

But recently (like other responders) we've been staying at the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel because of its convenient location to the port and the airport, as well as being within walking distance of everything we might need to buy pre-cruise. Here's a look inside one of the rooms:

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2013/12/03/a-peek-inside-the-renaissance-fort-lauderdale-cruise-port-hotel/

While staying at the Renaissance, we discovered the very local Southport Raw Bar within walking distance -- very different from Ocean 3030 but the kind of local place we love. See photos and details here:

http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2014/01/02/eating-local-at-the-southport-raw-bar-in-fort-lauderdale-florida/

Marriott Renaissance is where we have stayed for every one of our cruises out of Port Everglades. Conviently located to restaurants, Total Wine and a six dollar per person taxi ride to the port.

Agree with the Renaissance we have stayed there many times. Good location and only a $12 cab ride to the ship including tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed at this hotel once and never again! :mad: Smokers congregated, in mass, outside the main front entrance, hogging all the furniture, and smoking up a storm! :mad: Also, for whatever reason(s), there was NO tea available on the complimentary beverage table in the lobby early in the morning! :mad: I had the security guard obtain hot water in a cup for me from the kitchen, while I supplied my own teabag! :rolleyes: Also, my room card key did not work upon check-in and I had to return to the front desk, join a long lineup in order to obtain a new card! :mad:

Has anyone stayed at the courtyard Fort Lauderdale & Cruise port? Site says it is minutes from the Port and provides shuttle service. Not really concerned about amenities as I get there late the night before the cruise. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking for opinions on the best Marriott property near the FLL cruise terminal, please & thanks.

I don't know where the hotel AACJ mentioned, but have stayed at the Courtyard Cruise and Airport located next to Bass Pro Shop. They offer free airport pickup and free shuttle to the cruise port. The place is clean and in the past have been very agreeable to our needs.

Danny

Has anyone stayed at the courtyard Fort Lauderdale & Cruise port? Site says it is minutes from the Port and provides shuttle service. Not really concerned about amenities as I get there late the night before the cruise. Any thoughts?

We've stayed there and enjoyed very much. I've got 3 rooms booked for our January cruise.

Danny

I stayed at this hotel once and never again! :mad: Smokers congregated, in mass, outside the main front entrance, hogging all the furniture, and smoking up a storm! :mad: Also, for whatever reason(s), there was NO tea available on the complimentary beverage table in the lobby early in the morning! :mad: I had the security guard obtain hot water in a cup for me from the kitchen, while I supplied my own teabag! :rolleyes: Also, my room card key did not work upon check-in and I had to return to the front desk, join a long lineup in order to obtain a new card! :mad:

Agree with your comment about the smoking out front but maybe the hotel could change that to the back area that is under a canopy. But I am an aggressive person so if my wife wants tea or I want coffee I just go to the restaurant and get it fresh, no cost. Or since we are Platinum Marriott members we go to the Concierge Lounge and get breakfast. As far as the key issue again I am agressive so I would have went to the front of the line as I have alraedy checked in.

We like the hotel because it is close to many restaurants, Total Wine, and shopping.

That is where we stayed before and will tonight. Works for us, as most Marriott hotel do-our choice of hotel chains.