Greetings from the Crown 11/29-12/6/14

Working 2 Cruise

Well, I did something really stupid! I forgot to log off, which means I went over minutes.......

Nina, you might want to visit with the Internet manager and let him/her know you forgot to log off. He/she may be able to credit you back some minutes. Doesn't hurt to ask. Now go and enjoy your cruise! ;)

Jan

Happened to us. We talked to the internet manager and he gave us credit. He said it was a one time deal, however...so be careful.

And a good morning to all from warm and sunny Puerto Vallarta! Well, almost.. We should be docking soon.

I did forget to say that we are still in Code Red. We still cannot serve ourselves at HC, which makes for long lines.

The cruise is improving by steps and bounds. We are having a really good time, the staff and crew are wonderful!

We did see Carlos Oscar last night, and he was great. He was a lot of fun.

We did have, for a few hours, a rocking ship! This was totally unexpected as I had done this cruise three times previously and the sailings were all smooth. If anyone of you knows me, I don't like really smooth sailings and prefer a little bit of rock and roll. Well, to my surprise, last evening I got it! I laid down on the bed for a little rest, and lo and behold, I was out like a light! It really was a gentle rocking.

For the first time in my 9 years with Princess, I did go to Skywalkers after 10:00 p.m. It was fun!

Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to answer them.

Mike, Adagio has a spectacular view and I will try to get some photos today.

Greetings from Mazatlan!

We are preparing for another warm day in Mexico!

There are very few elite passengers on this cruise. We have a lot of platinum passengers but for the most part, its mostly blue cards! I have never met so many first time cruisers, but they are so much fun to meet and their enthusiasm is wonderful.

I hope I never become jaded.

As for drinks, I have not had one watered down drink. In fact, drinks are very strong on this ship, especially in Skywalkers during the suite/elite/platinum cocktail hours... I ordered a cosmopolitan, and I could swear it was 95% vodka!

Happy hour is going strong on this ship! Yesterday, for the price of one, I received two lovely raspberry martinis... Folks, please keep in mind that I do not drink at home! I think I'm going to stay off the sauce today....

Yesterday, my husband finally made it to dinner, which was great! It was Italian night and, of course, we had to have limoncello! I have no idea what happened to our Princess shot glasses, so now I have to start a new collection! Dinner was prosciutto and cantaloupe, salad and grilled mahi-mahi. It was light and wonderful!

The joys of traditional dining is that your waiter spoils you! He brought us a plate of penne arrabiata (sp?), which was absolutely great and prepared a few feet from us. I think we will never go back to anytime dining, in spite of the embarkation day snafus.

Yesterday was the ultimate deck party and, of course, true to form, we did not go to. The first band, Crimson Duo, was great. The other, not so much!

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge or power!

Thanks for your play by play. We get on this Saturday. You have got me all excited. Sounds like a good ship. This will be my 31st cruise but my first on princess. Hopefully we will no longer be on code red.

I saw you are leaving Saturday. Have you visited the roll call we have quite a large group of people if you are interested in joining us Sunday at Skywalkers at 2:00 PM. We are having a meet and greet.

Candi

Greetings Nina,

Thank you for your detailed info. Can you tell us if the "code red" is still in place? If so, how are the amenities being used? Also, are you having any issues with the room service? (I had read a post previously, stating it was awful last week). And has it been brought up why the "Code Red" week after week, if the ship gets new passengers, it's concerning the only thing that stays the same are the workers on the ship? Do any of them seem ill, or does the ship seem to be under staffed?

Also, weather in Mexico, you say warm, that's great!! How was it on the way out, on the ship? Was it warm enough to enjoy the pools? Thank you and I hope your trip goes smooth!

Thanks,

Dr. David and family

I don't have my reading glasses, so please forgive me... I will do an additional update.

Code red has been lifted and we are able to serve ourselves.

I have not used room service yet.

On the way out to Mexico, the first day was chilly... Not pool weather, but it warmed up the second day.

Formal nights were Sunday and today. Today is also the Captain Circle cocktail party (as written on the invitation).

We are in Cabo today and, once again, we will not be going ashore today. I think I will be taking my hubby straight to the hospital from the port... :mad: It truly is a beautiful day in Cabo San Lucas.

We had one of the most gorgeous sunsets I have ever seen yesterday, leaving Mazatlan. I will try to post the photos when I return, but no promises! Dinner was good last night, goat cheese souffle and scallops. I really haven't eaten much on this cruise, but I will try to make it up tonight when they serve escargots!

We saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on MUTS last night. Of course, MUTS ran out of blankets...

It has been a wonderful cruise so far, just a few embarkation day snafus, but everything has been worked out.

I still don't understand the haunted ship comments! Nothing going on here...

Until later!

I don't have my reading glasses, so please forgive me... I will do an additional update.

We are in Cabo today and, once again, we will not be going ashore today. I think I will be taking my hubby straight to the hospital from the port... :mad: It truly is a beautiful day in Cabo San Lucas.

So sorry to hear that he is not doing well...hope he is feeling better soon.

Try to enjoy the rest of your cruise.

michele

On the way out to Mexico, the first day was chilly... Not pool weather, but it warmed up the second day.

Formal nights were Sunday and today. Today is also the Captain Circle cocktail party (as written on the invitation).

We had one of the most gorgeous sunsets I have ever seen yesterday, leaving Mazatlan. I will try to post the photos when I return, but no promises! Dinner was good last night, goat cheese souffle and scallops. I really haven't eaten much on this cruise, but I will try to make it up tonight when they serve escargots!

We saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on MUTS last night. Of course, MUTS ran out of blankets...

It has been a wonderful cruise so far, just a few embarkation day snafus, but everything has been worked out.

Until later!

Nina;

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise and your hubby gets better soon.....:):):)

Bob

Until later!

Hi,so happy to hear you're having a nice cruise. Sorry to hear hubby is not well.

I do have a question have they done anything for the 50th anniversary celebration. Special menus,party's,gifts. Also the chocolate specials? I think are still promoting special chocolate desserts. Have you tried any?

Well, I did something really stupid! I forgot to log off, which means I went over my minutes...:mad:

So, I'm using my husband's minutes and have to be very careful.

One thing I was not happy with is the late traditional. On our cruise card, it indicates 8 p.m. Botticelli dining room. When we arrived, there were hundreds of people waiting... in a cramped room, waiting for the dining room to open. Needless to say, after waiting a few minutes, we left and ate at HC, which really wasn't great. Tri-tip was good, but the big disappointment was the spinach tortellini soup. It was just a big vat of water with a few spinach leaves. This is my favorite soup! I think we will switch back to Anytime Dining. It just suits us better.

Hopefully, those were just embarkation kinks. Someone gifted us with dinner for two at the Crown Grill and plan on going sometime today or tomorrow (formal night).

Being on board is great. Yesterday, as we were exhausted and my husband is unwell (to say the least), I went to Explorers and listened to the band Crimson Duo (I think). They were very good and enjoyable.

There are plenty of things to do on the ship and it is wonderful. The Crown is really stunning!

That's all for now. I will be back tomorrow, as I really have to save any minutes left!

On our Hawaiian cruise, I logged off, ( from our room) but because we read a post before boarding that even if you log off, it sometimes won't. I decided to check with the staff member at the IC, and it didn't, so the staff member logged me off and gave me back my minutes.

couldn't quite follow ,what days are the formal? thnx enjoy reading about this upcoming trip for us..I'd expect Christmas day for us would be one? We leave 12-20.

Traditional formal nights on this itinerary are on the first sea day and Cabo San Lucas day...

Nina, every now and then, you get inconsiderate people at the first seating who don't leave the dining room. Either they went to the dining room late or (hopefully) they're just having a good time...

A little OT: I have experienced this also. When I have been early TD or ATD, and wanted to linger with tablemates, I have suggested that we "move the party" to the IC or HC for coffee and dessert so staff can get ready for the late seating. Some don't go for it but, for those who do, we then can linger as long as we want.

Edited by Ryndam2002

Love, Love, Love the Crown.....and I love the Adagio....best place on the ship....I also thought that the Sabatini's restaurant was much much better than on some of the other ships....Whether is comes down from the Captain, I have always found it to be a well run ship. I have been on it 3-4 times and will be on her again in Jan. BTW, if you should go to Sabatini's, ask for Francesco the waiter....He is amazing. Had his own restaurant in Italy...Now works for Princess. He was on the ship this summer, not sure if he might still be there..

A beautiful morning at sea! Our captain warned us yesterday that today would be windy, 10-15 kts, and we would be moving fast - 20.5 kts... That is making for an interesting combination! I would say seas are moderate and people are starting to walk funny... But not overly much. It is just a gentle roll and the teeter totter is in effect.

So, we are on our way back to Los Angeles, and back to reality. Good thing I have my LA-Tahiti cruise booked. Princess is having its 50th anniversary promotion, so when I booked that cruise, I received an additional $200 OBC and a free specialty dinner. I now have the biggest OBC of any cruise! This, and the planning, and researching of the Souith Pacific islands, should keep us busy.

Apparently, some people have been putting foreign objects in the toilets. The captain made an announcement yesterday and it was quite funnyL "If you haven't eatern it, or drunk it, or if it isn't toilet paper, please, please put it in the trash cans!!!!"

We had the Captain's Circle party yesterday and it was quite fun. Our captain is quite engaging and made a speech that was quite different from all others I've heard over the years. Very nice.

Of course, I had my fill of escargots last night. I've been good all cruise long, but yesterday, not so much! I did order two sets of escargots! I also had one of the new chocolate journey desserts, Chocolate Pistacchio done. It was very good.

So, we will be packing soon...:mad::eek:

It was a really wonderful cruise and I cannot wait for the next one! It is also interesting to see how things change from cruise to cruise, from the menu and/or dishes or entertainment or any new rules... No two cruises are ever the same and in this case, that was certainly true. The Crown is a wonderful ship but it did take me a couple of days to get oriented since she is so different from the Golden and the Sapphire.

I, again, have left my reading glasses in the cabin, so I will update you later with any of today's activities.

Hi,so happy to hear you're having a nice cruise. Sorry to hear hubby is not well.

I do have a question have they done anything for the 50th anniversary celebration. Special menus,party's,gifts. Also the chocolate specials? I think are still promoting special chocolate desserts. Have you tried any?

Yes, pistachio chocolate dome. It was very good!

Thank You all for the good wishes. Tomorrow, back to reality... and doctor appointments..:eek: