Greetings from the Crown 11/29-12/6/14

Working 2 Cruise

We are waiting to leave for the port (we live 20 minutes away). I'm feverishly trying to get everything cleaned and making sure we didn't forget anything!

The last 2 years have been horrendous so this cruise will be all about relaxation.

From what I understand, there aren't any more issues with Noro!

Next update will be from the ship!:D

We are waiting to leave for the port (we live 20 minutes away). I'm feverishly trying to get everything cleaned and making sure we didn't forget anything!

The last 2 years have been horrendous so this cruise will be all about relaxation.

From what I understand, there aren't any more issues with Noro!

Next update will be from the ship!:D

Thanks! Keep us posted. We sail in 2 weeks! :D

Thanks for keeping us posted! If you're boarding at the regular time, this is a very good indication on the health of the ship! We sail on 12/19 Have a great cruise!!

Edited by 6pack

OK, folks.. Embarkation was delayed... Not due to Noro, but due to an unthoughtful passenger, who was not willing to disembark (who ever wants to disembark?). As a result, we boarded around 1:00 p.m.

Sailaway was cloudy and grey, but still lovely. It always is a good day when you are on a Princess ship!

We have already met some lovely crew members!

We have late traditional dining, 8:00 p.m.

It is a new ship for us and I am still noting the differences from the Golden and the Sapphire.

All seems well with the Crown!

Carlos Oscar is our featured comedian, although tonight, we will probably bypass the welcome aboard show. Too many emotions, not enough sleep!

Thanks to all well wishers, we are off to a great start!

Well, I did something really stupid! I forgot to log off, which means I went over my minutes...:mad:

So, I'm using my husband's minutes and have to be very careful.

One thing I was not happy with is the late traditional. On our cruise card, it indicates 8 p.m. Botticelli dining room. When we arrived, there were hundreds of people waiting... in a cramped room, waiting for the dining room to open. Needless to say, after waiting a few minutes, we left and ate at HC, which really wasn't great. Tri-tip was good, but the big disappointment was the spinach tortellini soup. It was just a big vat of water with a few spinach leaves. This is my favorite soup! I think we will switch back to Anytime Dining. It just suits us better.

Hopefully, those were just embarkation kinks. Someone gifted us with dinner for two at the Crown Grill and plan on going sometime today or tomorrow (formal night).

Being on board is great. Yesterday, as we were exhausted and my husband is unwell (to say the least), I went to Explorers and listened to the band Crimson Duo (I think). They were very good and enjoyable.

There are plenty of things to do on the ship and it is wonderful. The Crown is really stunning!

That's all for now. I will be back tomorrow, as I really have to save any minutes left!

Nina, every now and then, you get inconsiderate people at the first seating who don't leave the dining room. Either they went to the dining room late or (hopefully) they're just having a good time. Either way, they don't leave and hold up hundreds of people. The first night is usually the worst. We usually plan on going down about five minutes after the scheduled time, particularly the first night.

Well, I did something really stupid! I forgot to log off, which means I went over minutes.......

Nina, you might want to visit with the Internet manager and let him/her know you forgot to log off. He/she may be able to credit you back some minutes. Doesn't hurt to ask. Now go and enjoy your cruise! ;)

Jan

Thanks for the updates....we board in a couple of weeks and glad to hear that Noro is under control.

Just of note... if you see that pub lunch offered, it is amazing. First time I ever went because didn't think it would appeal to me. Boy, was I wrong!! It was so good that I am going to seek them out on every Princess cruise from now on.

Also, I agree with Pam. The internet managers are so helpful on Princess. It doesn't hurt to explain your situation and you may be credited with some additional minutes.

They installed some new bandwidth or something and their internet is so speedy now.

Have a good time. I got off the Crown yesterday but was not the one holding it up. Noro was still an issue during sailing, Captain came on a few times telling us about it. I had a good time but it was not my best Cruise, we had some kinks from start to finish. I may write a review in a few days once I get caught up.

See Liam at piano bar, he was very good.

Have a good time. I got off the Crown yesterday but was not the one holding it up. Noro was still an issue during sailing, Captain came on a few times telling us about it. I had a good time but it was not my best Cruise, we had some kinks from start to finish. I may write a review in a few days once I get caught up.

Can you give more information on Liam I love a good piano bar.

Candi

I was on same cruise as you and I agree it wasn't our best cruise. I just began posting my review.

Can you give more information on Liam I love a good piano bar.

Candi

Liam is from Northern Ireland. Had a good range of music and was a good singer. He was funny and a little "in your face" which I enjoyed. He was Irish and had many of the characteristics of the Irish, if that makes any sense. I am afraid he never had a "great" crowd when I was in there. One night he was joking around with the 8/10 of us that were in there, the next he had about the same number but nobody was particularly listening but me and he just played for about an hour nonstop creating a continues melody of about 30 different songs. He drinks Jack and Coke.

Any other questions on the cruise just ask.

Pam, thank you. We will try it again tonight.

As for the internet, I asked the internet cafe manager nicely, and he did reinstate my minutes. He also said not to use my Kindle to check emails, etc. as that seems to create problems. So here I am at the internet cafe...

Yesterday was formal night and we elected to skip this and the Captain's Welcome and Waterfall... Darn it, missed those chocolate pops! However, we did go to the Crown Grill, which was wonderful. I had the filet mignon and 6 lobster tails. Good thing I ate very little yesterday!

The first day kinks seem to be disappearing. I saw a huge school of dolphins yesterday frolicking in the wake!

I am enjoying this cruise tremendously. Remember, even if not everything is perfect, and usually nothing is, it is such a wonderful way to travel and we are so lucky to be able to do so (some more than others)!

We are going to try to see Carlos Oscar tonight before dinner. Missed the production show last night, which I heard was great, but I do have a sick husband and he required my presence at his side. He said, I let you frolick all over this ship today, and now it is my turn! It is such a waste for him... He pretty much stayed in bed all day, got up to go to Skywalkers (yes, you can still order any of the 6 drinks for $5), and have dinner at CG. I expect more of the same today.

Because of my husband's poor health, we have opted out of excursions and will be staying on the ship for the most part.

Tonight, we also have A tribute to Billy Joel by David James Guidice. I wonder if he is related to the Wife of New Jersey who is going to prison...:eek:

We also had our meet and greet yesterday. Of course, none of the invited officers showed up because of their senior meeting...:mad: It still was interesting. I missed meeting Amelia (ibfern), and am not happy about that!

Guardians of the Galaxy will be playing tonight, along with Princess Pop Star, Crooner Liam Stewart and other assorted offerings.

The Crown is very different from the Golden and the Sapphire but she is beautiful!

Hasta la manana!

Liam is from Northern Ireland. Had a good range of music and was a good singer. He was funny and a little "in your face" which I enjoyed. He was Irish and had many of the characteristics of the Irish, if that makes any sense. I am afraid he never had a "great" crowd when I was in there. One night he was joking around with the 8/10 of us that were in there, the next he had about the same number but nobody was particularly listening but me and he just played for about an hour nonstop creating a continues melody of about 30 different songs. He drinks Jack and Coke.

Any other questions on the cruise just ask.

Thanks for the information. I will be there nightly. Love a good Irishman. My family is English/Irish. I understand the humor and appreciate it.

Candi