please read, need answer ASAP

Hi All,

sorry to be a bother but I need an answer quick to book a flight. Am booked on the allure for jan 4/15 sailing. Can anyone tell me what is the latest time to board? If I take a flight that gets in at 2pm in FLL, am I ok if sailing is at 4:30?

thank you for reading and for answering

Hi All,

sorry to be a bother but I need an answer quick to book a flight. Am booked on the allure for jan 4/15 sailing. Can anyone tell me what is the latest time to board? If I take a flight that gets in at 2pm in FLL, am I ok if sailing is at 4:30?

That would be cutting it close. What happens if the plane is delayed for example. I think on embarkation day everyone has to be aboard by an hour before sailing. I am thinking off at 2, get luggage and taxi it will be at least 2:45 to 3:00 when you get to port. for me that is cutting it too close.

... Am booked on the allure for jan 4/15 sailing. Can anyone tell me what is the latest time to board? If I take a flight that gets in at 2pm in FLL, am I ok if sailing is at 4:30?

That is far too tight a schedule, as far as I'm concerned.

If everything goes smoothly, you'll make it on time for your sailing.

If one single thing goes wrong, you could find yourself watching your ship sail away without you.

Find an earlier flight, or go the day before.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Definitely not. It is best to come in the day before, if at all possible. Barring that, I would definitely be coming on the first flight of the day (getting there well before noon). If there is any kind of delay you will miss the ship.

Hi All,

Way too close. You need to be checked in 90 minutes prior to your sailing time.

Last year in December I landed in FLL on my Independence cruise at 1:00. I did not get on board until 3:00. FLL has the advantage of only being 2 or 3 miles from the airport, but it takes time to do things. Getting off the plane may take you up to 30 minutes. Baggage claim can take up to 45 minutes and transit can take 30 minutes if there is congestion getting into the port. At that hour however, there is really no wait for check in at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last year in December I landed in FLL on my Independence cruise at 1:00. I did not get on board until 3:00. FLL has the advantage of only being 2 or 3 miles from the airport, but it takes time to do things. Getting off the plane may take you up to 30 minutes. Baggage claim can take up to 45 minutes and transit can take 30 minutes if there is congestion getting into the port. At that hour however, there is really no wait for check in at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL, there's a bright side to everything...:D:D