Room service question

I need your opinion regarding room service:

On our upcoming cruise, I will order room service for 7 people staying in the same cabin. I am wondering if I should put the dirty dishes outside our cabin after the meal or just leave the job to room steward. We are staying in a Family Suite.

In the past, I always put the dirty dishes outside the cabin because it was only for my wife and I. There weren't many dirty dishes.

Ricky Chan

When we did something similar, room service asked us to call them when we were done. I guess they wanted to come and pick everything back up. We had left the cabin before they came so I'm not sure who really cleared it up. But we did leave it in the cabin.

I'd call room service to pick them up.

Just curious, what type of cabin are you in? Two of us find it awkward to enjoy room service because there's not a proper table in the cabin or on the balcony. I can't imagine where you'll put all the trays needed for seven!

Just curious, what type of cabin are you in? Two of us find it awkward to enjoy room service because there's not a proper table in the cabin or on the balcony. I can't imagine where you'll put all the trays needed for seven!

We are staying in a Family Suite.

In the past, I always put the dirty dishes outside the cabin because it was only for my wife and I. There weren't many dirty dishes.

Ricky Chan

They are in a Family Suite, so there should be enough place to enjoy the Room Service delivery. Even when we have had a balcony cabin there is enough room to have breakfast for two on the balcony.

I need your opinion regarding room service:

On our upcoming cruise, I will order room service for 7 people staying in the same cabin. I am wondering if I should put the dirty dishes outside our cabin after the meal or just leave the job to room steward. We are staying in a Family Suite.

Ricky Chan

as some one who has mobility issues, please leave them INSIDE your cabin. they are a tripping hazard esp when coupled with the carts used by the stewards.

We usually eat breakfast on our balcony two or three times during the week while pulling into a port. We usually leave them in the room when we are finished and they are gone when we come back to the ship later! :cool:

I can well understand not littering the hallways with them. However, I, like others, have always been told by room service to leave them outside for collection. On a couple of occasions we left them in the cabin and when they came to collect them and had to knock on the door, we were told we must leave them outside as it makes their job much easier.

Actually it will be 6 people. The seventh person is a baby of 11 months old. We will stay in a Royal Family Suite. There is a large table on the balcony and a coffee table in the living room.

Ricky Chan

Thanks for every one's opinion. It looks like the best way is to phone room service and ask them what to do with all the dirty dishes.

We never had to phone them in the past because it was only two of us, there weren't many and I just left them outside the cabin.

Ricky Chan

Actually it will be 6 people. The seventh person is a baby of 11 months old. We will stay in a Royal Family Suite. There is a large table on the balcony and a coffee table in the living room.

Ricky Chan

We have stayed in the RFS's several times with family (love that big balcony table) we call RS and they usually tell us to leave them on the table...way too many dishes to sit outside in the hallway, and we're very aware of the hazard this might create.

With my OCleaningD (my adult kids call it)..I do stack up the dishes and tidy up the table a bit though.

Enjoy !!

Edited by Ashland

We have stayed in the RFS's several times with family (love that big balcony table) we call RS and they usually tell us to leave them on the table...way too many dishes to sit outside in the hallway, and we're very aware of the hazard this might create.

With my OCleaningD (my adult kids call it)..I do stack up the dishes and tidy up the table a bit though.

Enjoy !!

Thanks for the info. I guess I will do what you did, stack up dishes nicely and tidy up the table and leave them on the balcony table.

Never used room service although have cruised number of times. Where do I find the menu?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on what ship, some will have the menu on the TV and you place your order directly on the TV