Live from Crown 12-6-14

arizonaperson

Live from The Crown Princess December 6, 2014

Boarding-

We arrived at the terminal at 11:25am and filled out the health form 1st,it was signed by a rep and then we proceeded up the escalator to check in. 11:45am we were done with check in and then proceeded to security scan. Had 2 small 500ml boxes of wine in carry on ,no problem ,never looked at. We had Priority group E card. At noon we sat in the priority waiting area(seats) and at 12:45pm the 1st announcement was made as to when we all could board. At 12:47pm Elite A’s were called. We were on board just after 1pm, luggage arrived at 1:20pm and we headed to the Da Vinci D.R.(see below for more)

Captain is Justin Lawes and CD is Neil Rose from England, it was suppose to be Lisa Ball. Not sure why she is not onboard?? We have Patrick Low from New Zealand as the Asst. CD.

Embarkation Lunch was in The Da Vinci D.R. from noon to 1:30pm, but we got there right at 1:30pm and we were seated,but it was a joke as far a service, not normal for sure. We all order(6 of us) and then they came and said only the beef entree was available, we never got our appetizers/soup.

At 2:45pm we went to the International café for the soup & dessert we did not get at lunch, it hit the spot. Café was not very crowded.

General Emergency Stations-

We met at 3:30pm and the announcements started at 3:45pm . Done at 3:50pm We did have to take our lifejackets and demonstrate at the end.

At 5:45pm Captain Lawes came on the speaker and said we would be leaving about 6pm,we were underway around 6:05-6:10pm.

I spoke to several “ship” people including security and they said we did not get onboard as early as normal is because “passengers/people” were still onboard, the ship had to be inspected, to they didn’t know why. So who really knows why???

Formal nights are Sunday & Thursday.

Sunday night is

Comedian Steve Caouette is ok, saw the abbreviated show on Saturday night.

Liam Stewart on Piano in Crooners seem to have a crowd.

Sunday-

Showing on MUTS satellite permitting NFL games (Eagles/Seahawks) and Chargers/Patriots.

The show tonight (Sunday) is Blame it on the Boogie.

Captains welcome party in the piazza at 7:45pm tonight.

I hope you have a great cruise. As long as the doors are open, I would expect to be seated in the dining room for lunch. They should not close the doors before 1:30. I'd also expect them to have prepared enough food for any possible diners--especially when the ship did not start boarding until later than usual.

Thanks for the live from. The CD is a surpirze. I really was expecting Lisa. I was on the Golden last year. I think that Neil was just leaving that ship to get married. I could be wrong about but when I look at the cd list I noticed that he was not assigned is just coming back.

Sorry I won't be answering any questions,internet too slow for that.(have to wait til I get home with faster service)

I had everything typed on my laptop in word and was going to transfer it here,but can't get my computer to log in page.

Anyway great weather,nice and hot today /sea day. Crab shack on PV & Mazatlan nights. No noro that I have heard. Buffet is self serve. MUTS football on Sunday and tonight.

CC meeting yesterday about 31 members attended. Sorry we missed some of you.

I will try to post more later.

Good cruise so far.

Happy Hour from 3-4 in Wheelhouse and 11pm to midnight in Skywalkers. It is buy 1 get 1 free. We had raspberry margaritas,2 of them for $10..(includes gratuity)

Julie

Live from The Crown Princess December 6, 2014

Sunday- had our CC meeting in Skywalkers yesterday at 2pm, we had about 31 members show up. We did not have any staff members attend. Lots of activities today.

Near the champagne waterfall on deck 5, they were passing around champagne, mimosas, & the “new” chocolate pops, they were really good.

Happy Hour was from 3-4 pm in The Wheelhouse bar, we got the drink of the day which was a raspberry margarita.(its buy 1 get 1 free) You can get any drink,except wine bottles.

HH is also from 11-midnight in Skywalkers.

We joined 2 other CC couples for 4:30pm trivia and had a lot of fun.

The NFL games were on MUTS,the satellite was working,when we were outside.They showed 3 games and they scrolled the score at the bottom of the other games.

We set our clocks ahead by 1 hr.

Monday- sea day. Lots of activities today as well. Weather & seas are good. Show tonight is the comedian and a tribute to Billy Joel.

We will also set our clocks forward tonight 1 more hour.

Crab Shack is offered on PV & Mazatlan night.

I won’t be answering any questions until after I get off the cruise, as we all know the ship internet is slow. Sorry. I will try to post when I can.

No noro cases that have been announced. Buffet is serve yourself. Went for the 1st time this morning.

Monday night football on MUTS tonight.

Nice sunny day today,probably pool is jammed??(haven’t been out there to see.) Balcony is warm though.

Mazatlan-

We followed the blue line in the street(we were on the sidewalk) to the historic district. Had a nice walk. Snowbird volunteers on every corner to answer any questions.

Thursday- Just left Cabo today. Short day. Went to Cabo Wabo and a pottery store and then walked a little more then back to the ship. Suppose to get tonight or tomorrow rough seas. Tonight is the 2nd formal night.

Meet lots of nice people, cruise has been good.

I will post more when I can get “free” internet at home.

Thanks for checking in. Glad your cruise is going well. :)

FYI for those making M&G plans, I have been told over the past couple of years and confirmed on the Regal in Oct, if you want officers to show at your get together then have it around 11:00. This is due to senior mgt meetings held in the early afternoon. ;)

It seems the Crown's internet is still as horrible as it was in October. They just never seem to fix these things once they brake I guess. Princess really needs to fire MTN and get another company that can provide somewhat decent service. I wonder when the MTN contract is up?

Thanks for the live from. The CD is a surpirze. I really was expecting Lisa. I was on the Golden last year. I think that Neil was just leaving that ship to get married. I could be wrong about but when I look at the cd list I noticed that he was not assigned is just coming back.

We were on the Crown for the Nov. 22 sailing, & Lisa was our cruise director. I guess you just missed her. I really liked her low-key style.

We were on the Crown for the Nov. 22 sailing, & Lisa was our cruise director. I guess you just missed her. I really liked her low-key style.

I talked to Neil Rose and he said Lisa had to go to The Royal because she had been on that ship previously and he had not.(she was more familiar with it)

Julie

Here is a bit of info. from our cruise.

Not Live anymore from The Crown Princess December 6, 2014

Happy Hour was from 3-4 pm in The Wheelhouse bar. (was well attended) Happy Hour was also held from 11pm to midnight-we never made it to 1 of these.

An example of Happy Hour prices Raspberry Rita $10.29 including gratuity for 2 drinks and Pina Colada $9.14 for 2 includes gratuity.

Drink of the day in Skywalkers for Elite, Suite, & platinum was $5.75 includes the gratuity. Cocktail & Hors d’ Oeuvres schedule(5pm-7pm) in Skywalkers: Los Angeles-Herb marinated goat cheese, sea day-salsa & chips, at sea- smoked salmon,PV-shrimp fountain, Mazatlán- wheel of silton,at sea on 12-12- guacamole & chips.

Martini in Crooners $9.49 includes gratuity.

Blue Moon beer $6.04 includes gratuity.

$1.50 for the gelato at International café area. 3 big scoops.

Can of coke is $2.30 with the gratuity included.

Soda package $31.50 + 15 %.( fountain soda)

We set our clocks ahead by 1 hr. the night of our 1st sea day. We also set our clocks ahead 1hr on the 2nd sea day. After visiting PV we set our clocks back 1hr. On our last sea day of 12-12, we set our clocks back 1hr. again.

Crab Shack is offered on PV & Mazatlán night. We tried it the 1st night it was offered. 4 out of 6 of us had the king crab legs & peel & eat shrimp. We tried it all for the 1st time, and all agreed, probably a onetime experience. It was not all you can eat with our experience.

No noro cases have been announced. Buffet is serve yourself the whole cruise.

Da Vinci D.R. was open from noon to 1:30pm on embarkation day.

Mazatlán-

We followed the blue line in the street (we were on the sidewalk) to the historic district. Map says ¾ mile, 20 minutes.

Had a nice walk.US & Canadian Snowbird volunteers on every corner to answer any questions. Met lots of nice people, cruise has been good.

PV- We took the city bus to the Malecon area and walked around and ate at a restaurant up 3 flights of stairs with a great view of the water and the seahorse statue. Took the bus back. (no A/C)

Cabo- got off the tender and walked around the marina area and to Cabo Wabo and a Talevera pottery shops, then headed back to the tender area.

The most traveled passengers #1 -138 cruises with 1,216 days

#2- 76 cruises with 825 days

#3-81 cruises with 817 days.

There were 204 Elite, 552 Platinum, 319 Ruby, and 759 Gold.

The disembarkation meeting times ranged from Walk off at 8am to independent arrangements at 11:25am, so embarkation is later now than normal. Breakfast in the D.R. on the last day is until 8:30am and need to vacate your stateroom at 8:30am (use to be 8am)

I have lots of other info. but may put it in my review.

If you have any questions, please ask away and hopefully someone can answer or I will try to check back on this board.

Julie

Thank You Julie for the review of the cruise. We are going on the Grand for a 7 day to Mexico on 28 February. When in PV you took the bus. what was the cost? Did you pay in Pesos or dollars? We were in PV in November and ended up in a taxi (4 big people in a small taxi) which cost each couple $8. Seemed kinda steep for a 3 mile ride.:confused::confused::(

Thank You Julie for the review of the cruise. We are going on the Grand for a 7 day to Mexico on 28 February. When in PV you took the bus. what was the cost? Did you pay in Pesos or dollars? We were in PV in November and ended up in a taxi (4 big people in a small taxi) which cost each couple $8. Seemed kinda steep for a 3 mile ride.:confused::confused::(

In PV we gave $1.00 USD to the bus driver for each way.(so $2 roundtrip) No questions asked by the driver,he handed us a ticket to show we paid.(I think the bus in pesos = about 60 cents USD) So if you have pesos,use them.

We had 6 people and I like to take the "local" transport when we can.(we would have had to take 2 taxi's) Didn't want to take a chance of getting all of us separated.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson